World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Alice28

Oral Sex and Hsv1G

Alice28

Hey! 

I had my first an only genital break out 4 years ago and I was confirmed as HSV1G positive. I am so thankful I have never had another break out or symptom or sign of anything. Anyways disclosed recently to the new guy I really like and want to sleep with. He is getting fully tested before that happens. However, last night we slipped up and I just gave him oral and this morning he woke up freaking out........like I said its been 4 years since I was diagnosed and no other break out. Does anyone know the liklihood I transmitted it to him? I only give him oral, can't wait for him to get his test results back so he can relax. 

WilsoInAus

It would be somewhere between zero and 1 in 5,000. There’s no need to worry too much.

What if he’s negative for HSV-1 in any event?

Alice28

Thanks that helps, I think he's going to be fine but said he doesn't want to go out with me again until he knows his test results. If he IS negative for HSV-1......guess he is going to have to choose if I'm worth "the risk" as he called it. He has a sister that's a nurse who told him its not that big of deal I think that helped. He has a brother whose a doctor who he has yet to discuss it with. 

Personally, I REALLY like him and I hope he chooses to stick around. That being said, I am also a successful and attractive woman so if he doesn't, his loss and I hope the next guy can be cool. I contracted it because an ex boyfriend cheated and lied to me so it's not like its my fault for having it either so that helps me cope. 

WilsoInAus

@Alice28 I feel so badly for you. Love that is conditional on a herpes test... is not unconditional love... is not love. :(

it certainly is no one’s fault to have HSV. This is because the universe doesn’t blame, it just is.

Edited by WilsoInAus

MikeIke
22 hours ago, Alice28 said:

Hey! 

I had my first an only genital break out 4 years ago and I was confirmed as HSV1G positive. I am so thankful I have never had another break out or symptom or sign of anything. Anyways disclosed recently to the new guy I really like and want to sleep with. He is getting fully tested before that happens. However, last night we slipped up and I just gave him oral and this morning he woke up freaking out........like I said its been 4 years since I was diagnosed and no other break out. Does anyone know the liklihood I transmitted it to him? I only give him oral, can't wait for him to get his test results back so he can relax. 

if you have genital hsv1, and you gave him oral, and had 0 genital to genital interaction, and you DONT have oral hsv1 (cold sores/herpes labialis) - odds should be zero right?!

Alice28
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Alice28 I feel so badly for you. Love that is conditional on a herpes test... is not unconditional love... is not love. :(

it certainly is no one’s fault to have HSV. This is because the universe doesn’t blame, it just is.

Very true, thank you. I agree, I guess I don't see it as my identifier because I've had time to just get over it and not think about it that way. I think he's still a little shook by the news and had zero education on it prior to me. My girlfriend refers to it as my super power to help me feel better, she says it helps keep the guys who aren't worthy of me away lol. I would have rather the universe give me the ability to transport but hey HSV1G it is. 

Alice28
1 hour ago, MikeIke said:

if you have genital hsv1, and you gave him oral, and had 0 genital to genital interaction, and you DONT have oral hsv1 (cold sores/herpes labialis) - odds should be zero right?!

That sounds like an accurate formula to me! You are correct only HSV1G and zero genital contact and never oral HSV1 or cold sores. For his sake I hope he doesn't have anything he's a little less mature than I am and not sure he'd cope as well. 

WilsoInAus

That’s the reason @Alice28 I said your chances from zero to 1 in 5,000 as you do not have a positive genital swab.

There are about 2 billion people out there with oral HSV-1 that have no living memory of a cold sore orally. Too easy for any of us to be one of those!

Alice28
10 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

That’s the reason @Alice28 I said your chances from zero to 1 in 5,000 as you do not have a positive genital swab.

There are about 2 billion people out there with oral HSV-1 that have no living memory of a cold sore orally. Too easy for any of us to be one of those!

Oh I have a positive genital swab from my first initial outbreak that's how I found out. I've never been classified as oral HSV-1 just HSV1-G, just got my results back again to verify, same ole numbers.