Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Rockster

Safer Sex 2.0 – Methods to not transmit Herpes and HPV

Recommended Posts

Rockster

Intro / Why
This thread is only for people who think that doing some simple basic steps before/after Sex is worth doing if you thereby very significantly reduce spreading or getting Herpes and HPV. If you think it’s ‘ridiculous’ to do some small simple steps to significantly reduce spreading or getting Herpes and HPV then this thread is probably not for you.

 

You never know if somebody has herpes or hpv – Herpes: 80% don’t show symptoms and don’t know it themselves, and it basically never gets tested for (I guess because the test is pricey?). You also don’t know if someone has HPV at the moment -  cause they also hardly ever know it.

 

Safer sex 1.0 is condom. Condoms don’t prevent Herpes and HPV.


No matter if one has herpes/hpv or not, the procedure is completely the same.
If you have it, you don’t want to spread it. If you don’t have it, you don’t want to get it.

Also: There is hsv-1, hsv-2, and there are like *40* different strains of genital HPV.
So you never have them all, so there is always something you can get.
And even if you have something already, you can transmit it to another place too (mouth, throat, ass, genitals; eg hpv virus can also make throat cancer).

HPV can lead to cancer and it can lead to genital warts. Genital warts: Imagine having a herpes outbreak that lasts about 4 months.

In addition the methods help against all kinds of other bad shit (eg spores)

Edited by Rockster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Safer Sex 2.0
Having Sex in a way that protects more against Herpes and HPV than just condoms alone


This is a collection that is forming. This is my start to start this discussion and get more ideas and experiences. 


Ideas, Suggestions
- Get hpv vaccine that helps against 9 most common and dangerous strains
- Get hepatitis vaccine
- Oral on male only with condom
- Oral on female 
Sucks, cause these oral-sex plastics are like 4 dollars per piece. One could just cut up a condom. 
- Never fully shave, only trim. Shaving makes tiny-wounds and is great for viruses and bacteria to get in

(- take condom off only after you washed intimate area like your balls. Else the penis just falls into your balls that are still wet from the juices of the woman)
(- Fingering: just put a condom on your finger)
(- after rimming: betadona mouth desinfection)

Intercourse: 
Condoms are a given (duh). 
In addition, cover skin where condom ends + whole intimate area with something that prevents herpes and hpv

Ideally this substance is: odorless, invisible, cheap, working against herpes and hpv, not bad for the skin

 

---

STD overview (what can you get how): 
http://www.sfcityclinic.org/stdbasics/stdchart.asp?fbclid=IwAR2iASndVv8tQP5nf81xTo-zoRWDYTWsKvy0DgAcZVr_26mbpJIhpw-SHxA

Edited by Rockster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Concrete possible Methods for Intercourse so far:
(in addition to condom)

 

(Method 1: Betadona Desinfection
+ works against herpes, hpv, hiv (and basically against everything else)
+ is fitted for the skin and is not bad for getting into vagina
- smells, colors everything orange)
-> because of the color it’s not so good, but one could use it in relationships

Method 2: wear boxershort
+ cheap, simple, easy
- weird

Method 3: fetish sexy underwear (eg leather-boxershort)
+ ‘logical’ in sex-setting (eg swinger club)
- weird if not used to it

Method 4: Colloidal Silver-water spray
+ supereasy to apply, it’s basically just like water, odorless, colorless, invisible
(only small thing: after application I guess you should let it dry just a little bit?)
- it is anti-virus, but how strong is it? 
Is it fully viruzid = also working against viruses without shells, like hpv? (herpes is a virus with a shell)

Method 5: Joydivision Bioglide safe Carrageen Lube for sex
+ visually nearly invisible, odorless
+ socially ‘normal’ – it’s just lube! And you put it on a bit around your intimate area (or put it on her while fingering), it’s even ‘bio’
+ Carrageen seems to be the best compound against HPV, there is also some effectiveness against Herpes (see studies below)
- it’s a bit sticky

Method 6: Carrageen powder + water
Just buy ‘Kappa’ Carrageen powder and mix it with water
+ odorless, nearly colorless, feels great – just a tiny bit wet and cool, seems to stick on skin kinda ok
+ cheap
- after a few hours it gets hard and is visible in the pubic hair
 

Edited by Rockster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Next Stuff to try / think about: 

Desinfections that don’t make skin orange:
- Softa Man Acute (takes 30sek to work)
- Sterillium Virugard (takes 2min to work)
- Info B 30 Orochemie
(- Octinesept does not help against hpv)


Wound spray: 
Has a little disinfectant-effect, but mostly just a physical barrier. But probably very pricey to do it over whole intimate area. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Studies about Carrageen here: 
(also about Griffithsin and Zink Acetate, but none of those are compounds are cheaply available right now)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Weirdness

What are the options? 
If you don't have herpes yet or have it. 

The most common option is just use condom and nothing else. (Ok, Valtrex if one knows he has herpes)

Making every partner do an herpes-test before sex would be weird. 
This would basically at least mean no one night stands, no sex on first date.

And with hpv there is not even a test for men. 


WEIRDNESS with the Safer Sex 2.0 stuff
One option is a carrageen lube for sex. 
So i can just put it on my hand and on her pussy to finger her, it makes total sense and there is nothing weird about it. 

Also when i put the lube on condom and go back further and also put it in my intimate region like pubic hair i don't think this would even register. 


Other options are eg desinfections. I would desinfect before the sex, and wash after. 

If something comes up: 
'Sorry.. nothing against you, you are supersexy, but i am just extra careful, this is against bacteria/spores/viruses i am a little bit of a germophobe'

So what - the 'bad thing' about the guy is that he is extra careful about safer sex?

 

Also i would desinfect before she comes, or in the bathroom/toilet, also the desinfecting after the sex i would do in the bathroom. 

 

Also if she tells me she has herpes and i perhaps don't then i can just have sex with boxershort on and have sex basically risk free it seems. 

Edited by Rockster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Ok

Nobody is interested in this

I don't get it

Please enlighten me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne

Hey @Rockster, I guess most people don’t think about anything before getting laid, in the heat of the moment you just loose your mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sma1280
On 2/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, Rockster said:

Ok

Nobody is interested in this

I don't get it

Please enlighten me 

I am newly diagnosed and interested in this. Thank you for the ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lali

All of this doesn't really make me wanna have sex. Seems like too much. I guess boxers, condoms, that lub and washing are the best reasonable options. But do people really do all of that to prevent transmissions. Have people been successful at not transmitting without doing all these weird things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster
On 2/11/2019 at 4:56 AM, lali said:

All of this doesn't really make me wanna have sex. Seems like too much. I guess boxers, condoms, that lub and washing are the best reasonable options. But do people really do all of that to prevent transmissions. Have people been successful at not transmitting without doing all these weird things?

I think with Valtrex and condom use the transmission rate of a full year of regular sex is 2.5% if i remember correctly. 

 

------

I don't get it. 
There is these 'this is the worst disease ever! i feel like dirt! i wanna off myself! i can never have a real (love)-life ever again!'  - posts. 

Then there is 'hey, here you can probably make transmission risk nearly 0%, by just wearing boxers while sex'  post..
and people basically say: '...nah, that's weird'

or 'condoms work partly, but only just a bit of skin is not covered - let's find out some way to also protect the rest of the bit of skin in the intimate area and find a way to have Sex without fear of getting or giving herpes'
and people basically say: '..nah, that's not really an interesting topic at all..'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

(For my case: i am not diagnosed herpes. I had genital warts. 
I can tell her a sex partner was diagnosed with HPV, and i pretty surely have it and that's why i do it with boxer short the next months. Hm.)

 

On 2/15/2019 at 3:40 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Probability of transmission. Male to an uninfected female is about 8% per annum (avoiding outbreaks), that is an 8% chance after a year of sex the female will be infected. Regardless of how many different PCR swab designed tests are applied to detect when and where and how much virus sheds, the transmission rate will be this on the average.

Condoms are awesome protection for a female.

Add antivirals to the mix and you have a much reduced chance. There are studies where couples using condoms and antivirals with thousands upon thousands of sexual episodes between them and no infection.

https://herpesopportunity.com/downloads/herpes-opportunity-disclosure-handout.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes-detailed.htm

Edited by Rockster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockster

Argh. I have a sex offer from an old woman, to be part of a sexparty. She goes to swinger parties and so on, sounds like she has a loot of partners. 

My mind tells me to probably better not have sex with her (Probably for just one time sex, while just per sheer statistics she highly highly probably has herpes). But my 'brain downstairs' says just do it. 

My plan is to do
- Colloidal Silver-water spray beforehand
- Condoms on before her doing oral
- using Carragen Joydivision bioglide safe lube on her and me

- Showering and desinfecting with Softa-acute after it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IloveCoco
On 1/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, Rockster said:

Concrete possible Methods for Intercourse so far:
(in addition to condom)

 

(Method 1: Betadona Desinfection
+ works against herpes, hpv, hiv (and basically against everything else)
+ is fitted for the skin and is not bad for getting into vagina
- smells, colors everything orange)
-> because of the color it’s not so good, but one could use it in relationships

Method 2: wear boxershort
+ cheap, simple, easy
- weird

Method 3: fetish sexy underwear (eg leather-boxershort)
+ ‘logical’ in sex-setting (eg swinger club)
- weird if not used to it

Method 4: Colloidal Silver-water spray
+ supereasy to apply, it’s basically just like water, odorless, colorless, invisible
(only small thing: after application I guess you should let it dry just a little bit?)
- it is anti-virus, but how strong is it? 
Is it fully viruzid = also working against viruses without shells, like hpv? (herpes is a virus with a shell)

Method 5: Joydivision Bioglide safe Carrageen Lube for sex
+ visually nearly invisible, odorless
+ socially ‘normal’ – it’s just lube! And you put it on a bit around your intimate area (or put it on her while fingering), it’s even ‘bio’
+ Carrageen seems to be the best compound against HPV, there is also some effectiveness against Herpes (see studies below)
- it’s a bit sticky

Method 6: Carrageen powder + water
Just buy ‘Kappa’ Carrageen powder and mix it with water
+ odorless, nearly colorless, feels great – just a tiny bit wet and cool, seems to stick on skin kinda ok
+ cheap
- after a few hours it gets hard and is visible in the pubic hair
 

How can we order this stuff if we're in USA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roja
7 hours ago, Rockster said:

Argh. I have a sex offer from an old woman, to be part of a sexparty. She goes to swinger parties and so on, sounds like she has a loot of partners. 

My mind tells me to probably better not have sex with her (Probably for just one time sex, while just per sheer statistics she highly highly probably has herpes). But my 'brain downstairs' says just do it. 

My plan is to do
- Colloidal Silver-water spray beforehand
- Condoms on before her doing oral
- using Carragen Joydivision bioglide safe lube on her and me

- Showering and desinfecting with Softa-acute after it

Listen to your mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog

One very important thing I'd add; use condoms of the correct size! For myself, I actually caught Herpes as a result of using too tight condoms. I just bought standard sizes that were available in Thailand (asian average is small) and I've had them break many times. Once a condom broke during sex and after I caught HSV2

Although I'm just around average Western size lenght wise, I've found the large 'comfort' condoms to work much better for me. Now I use SKYN latex free larger condoms (gf is allergic to latex) and I've never had one of those break. 

There are also websites that make custom size condoms for a reasonable price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IloveCoco
40 minutes ago, viralfrog said:

One very important thing I'd add; use condoms of the correct size! For myself, I actually caught Herpes as a result of using too tight condoms. I just bought standard sizes that were available in Thailand (asian average is small) and I've had them break many times. Once a condom broke during sex and after I caught HSV2

Although I'm just around average Western size lenght wise, I've found the large 'comfort' condoms to work much better for me. Now I use SKYN latex free larger condoms (gf is allergic to latex) and I've never had one of those break. 

There are also websites that make custom size condoms for a reasonable price. 

Is your girlfriend HSV negative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
On 3/3/2019 at 10:43 PM, IloveCoco said:

Is your girlfriend HSV negative?

Yes, she doesn't have the virus that's why we always use condoms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest

Polyisoprene condom and coconut oil

Actively looking for open sores. 

Don't shave just trim if we must

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2kroc
On 2/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, Rockster said:

Ok

Nobody is interested in this

I don't get it

Please enlighten me 

Indeed, I'm absolutely infuriated reading through this, this good information that could be a real game changer had knowledge like this been publicized sooner then I'd have a much happier story to tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,309
    • Total Posts
      475,365
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

  • Posts

    • balb9
      Have you received any clarification on these signs and symptoms? I have been experiencing the same thing with the nerve pain in the same approximate locations and was wondering if you had found anything out about it being related to HSV-2?
    • hobson
      Hi all  thanks for getting back to me. I had a swab and it came back negative . But I’m still not convinced. I’m gonna see a specialist I think . I’ve taken photos and to me there look like scabs healing.    I am now freaking out more because I have started a new relationship and the other day she broke out in 3 cold sores. She said this is the first time this has happened. I feel ashamed I may have given this to her . I have spoken to her and told her my fears and this may have now ruined my relationship.  I don’t know if it’s ok to share pictures on here but if it’s ok I would like to do this and get peoples thoughts 
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @K1009 I can report that this is entirely consistent with a recent infection. Your body can take a few months to generate and stabilise the immune responses. The outbreaks can be a bit unrelenting during this period. Your body will get in top of it. Is this a genital outbreak from oral sex?
    • Api8519
      Hi im looking for friends or patners, im 33 male, from indonesia.. I like u share my social media id with u if u want to know me more. Im good looking.. Im divorce
    • Cas9
      @HC-Support-Team
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.