World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Miss Horne

So who has a really hard time with this physically?

Miss Horne

Who on this forum really suffers with ongoing daily problems and medication doesn’t help?

I know lots suffer from the mental aspect of having this but I’m intesested in seeing numbers of people who suffer physically. 

Constant Diplomat

Statistically, 4/5 people with HSV2 don't even know they have it.

If you ask the general population on a herpes forum what their experience is, in my opinion and experience, you will find a lot of people with frequent outbreaks, or irregular non standard symptoms (some of them possibly herpes related, others not), and paranoid obsessed people, which will not serve as an appropriate sample for such a query.

Celinaxox

For me the the physical aspect outweighs the emotional one. I’m mentally strong and enough and pretty educated on physiology, I know that this is just a virus and thank god it’s pretty harmless in the grand scheme of health problems humans can suffer. Physically though I feel like there’s like a pain cycle I go through constantly sometimes it tingles, sometimes it burns or itches. There’s days where I cannot sit down properly due to the pain, and it just constantly feels “active” almost like bugs under my skin. I feel normal 20% of the time which is concerning. I am in my first year still so let’s hope it lessens. 

PurpleandGray

I had horrible outbreaks most days for about a year and a half. That’s with daily Valtrex, daily herbs, vitamins, very healthy diet. It slowed down a bit after that but still had outbreaks bad once a month or anytime I had sex. I’m now in LDN and haven’t had an outbreak in two months!!! I found out I have a gene mutation in which I can’t detox, I’m wondering if a lot of us who have daily issues and suffer from additional HSV  issues like neuralgia have this gene issue?  

WilsoInAus

@PurpleandGray this has to stop. It is 2019 and it’s time to get real.

What makes you think any of this is related to herpes let alone that you even have genital herpes?

ConfusedinNH

I have  ghsv1 and I’ve been having an ob for an ongoing month and my lesions are getting deeper instead of healing.  I’m going back to doc tomorrow. I’m in 500mg Valtrex daily.  This is constant misery. I don’t even care about the psychological aspect. I just want to feel ok. And yes it’s like worms are constantly crawling inside my skin down there and in my butt 

Lulupazoola

I was having constant OBs.  Stinging pain, but the worst was the fatigue that came along with each one.  I would just drag myself around and then had to sleep.  I almost never felt normal...just getting over one, in the throes or getting a new one.  The OBs made me physically sick, as unable to participate in lifes usual activities.  Have not had 1 in almost a month now.  Vitamin C.  Amenalief.  

Friends

I have HSV 1&2 so does my wife. She had cold sores since college and wouldn't you know it, we didn't know cold sores was herpes and we didn't even know what herpes was really, lived in a box I guess. So I'm certain I got the disease from my wife. Now we're both 46 years old marries 14 years one child...nothing really major that disrupt our lives really. I got sick and went to the doctor is how we found out we carried the virus. Any way my wife has no symptoms....at all. Its weird to watch her have the same disease as me and she has no symptoms, so I'm living it what the theory is that people are carriers and don't know it...my wife would have never known if I wouldn't have gotten sick. As for me I get nerve pain, on a pain level of 1 to 10 about a 3 and it happens every now and then, once a month I think I get it, no soars, nothing crazy..just funny bone feeling. 

I wish you guys the best and I hope a cure or better medicine come soon for you, what I have is nothing from what I'm hearing you guys are going through. think there must be some kind of different strand besides 1 & 2. Why some people get soars and some don't? Which why I I don't see how the CDC or whoever's in charge could allow people to suffer like this and have soars on their bodies, doesn't seem human. Good luck and God Bless. 

Jayday

I have HSV1 and 2. I had 1 since I was young, type 2 for over a year and don’t have outbreaks since my very small initial outbreak. My gf has both and we don’t know who gave eachother type 2 cause we had initial outbreaks around same time , she hasn’t had one since. We have great sex 

RNY18
1 hour ago, ConfusedinNH said:

@Lulupazoola where do I buy amenalief? I’ll try anything 

https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/detail?item_prefix=TF&item_code=705711&item_branch=001

19 minutes ago, Jayday said:

I have HSV1 and 2. I had 1 since I was young, type 2 for over a year and don’t have outbreaks since my very small initial outbreak. My gf has both and we don’t know who gave eachother type 2 cause we had initial outbreaks around same time , she hasn’t had one since. We have great sex 

How did you meet ?

Jayday

@RNY18 we met through my cousin and at the time we both negative of HSV2 to our knowledge we didn’t get tested before entering into our relationship as we didn’t show or have any symptoms until that initial outbreak which I told her that we both need to get tested. But  we both don’t get any outbreaks as of yet and it’s been 1+ year of testing positive 

Lulupazoola
9 hours ago, ConfusedinNH said:

@Lulupazoola where do I buy amenalief? I’ll try anything 

The downsides of Amenalief:  $500 for what hopefully would be a months supply if u break them in half.  U have to order them from Japan, online Mimaki Family Pharmacy.  They r approved for use in Japan for Shingles (herpes zoster).  I ordered a months supply to get thru a vacation with lots of physical and social activity and dont want it ruined with BO's.  But when thats over, im just going back to Vitamin C, which was working, is cheap and easy to get.  I have posted about taking vitamin c all over this forum so dont want to bore people, but it has worked for me.  I only tried it for 3 weeks, before starting amenalief, but it was working fine.  I was having nonstop BO's, and it stopped them.  But i also take care of myself, dont eat crap, dont drink, get sleep, etc  There is no silver bullet.  People who r sick need to learn to take care of themselves as well as find something that works for them.  If u need me to tell u how i take the vitamin c, ask me.  Its not just taking a regular supplement dose every day.

Lulupazoola
13 hours ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Statistically, 4/5 people with HSV2 don't even know they have it.

If you ask the general population on a herpes forum what their experience is, in my opinion and experience, you will find a lot of people with frequent outbreaks, or irregular non standard symptoms (some of them possibly herpes related, others not), and paranoid obsessed people, which will not serve as an appropriate sample for such a query.

Categorizing people on forums as paranoid and obsessed right off the bat slowed down the response on this thread i think.  Did she say she was collecting this info for scientific study?  And what r u doing on this forum?  People need to express themselves freely here as long as theyre not trolling.

Constant Diplomat
10 hours ago, Lulupazoola said:

Categorizing people on forums as paranoid and obsessed right off the bat slowed down the response on this thread i think.  Did she say she was collecting this info for scientific study?  And what r u doing on this forum?  People need to express themselves freely here as long as theyre not trolling.

The original post said "I am interested in seeing numbers of people who suffer physically". All I was saying, is that if you want to know really how many people suffer physically from herpes, a herpes forum is probably not the place to get that kind of information, if you want genuine information. Honeycomb is a mixed bag for sure, but by virtue of its existence, attracts people who are having a hard time and seeking answers- and yes, in some cases obsessed, even paranoid. Ask Wilso how many people are on this forum who haven't had a positive diagnosis. Not categorising anyone, nor was I judging the OP. Just made an objective observation.

I joined here about three and a half years ago after I was diagnosed. I used to come here a lot, now only stop in from time to time to see whats happening, sometimes through boredom. My symptoms were non existent, save for a few minor confusing little spots here and there which all tested negative and were likely bacterial something-or-others. Obsession would be putting it bluntly, or you could say I was curious enough to learn as much as I could and read about the potential vaccines (of which there were many, and no successes).

Constant Diplomat
2 hours ago, Miss Horne said:

Christ I wish I never asked now :rolleyes:

Drama-ville.

What has your experience been Audrey Horne?

Miss Horne
3 minutes ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Drama-ville.

What has your experience been Audrey Horne?

You know my first name :D

I can deal with it mentally, physically I can’t.

Im in the same situation as a lot of people are in, antivirals don’t work and I’m suffering every day.

Just wanted to hear from some of those people I suppose. 

ConfusedinNH

I am on anti virals and still suffer everyday.  I keep going in to be checked because I want them to increase my dosage or do something and they just send me home and say there’s nothing they can do.  I’m ready to stab myself.  I’ve never been this depressed in my life.  

Miss Horne
4 minutes ago, ConfusedinNH said:

I am on anti virals and still suffer everyday.  I keep going in to be checked because I want them to increase my dosage or do something and they just send me home and say there’s nothing they can do.  I’m ready to stab myself.  I’ve never been this depressed in my life.  

I sympathise and totally get where you’re coming from.

But everyday I put on a brave face and try and make others laugh as much as I can, I try and help as many people as I can and I try and make the most of every day.

Not trying to sound like a martyr but people around me have no idea how much I suffer physically yet for some reason I keep going. I don’t know why but I do. 

ConfusedinNH

I get what you’re saying. I feel like nobody else I know would be able to deal with this much physical pain everyday without any help and keeping it hidden. People complain about the smallest pain and I want to punch them like my crotch has been on fire and bleeding for a month straight and I’ve said nothing yet you just sit there complaining about nothing. Ughhhh.