World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
RNY18

Excision BioTherapeutics & CRISPR/Cas9 : NOPE ?

RNY18

I recently wrote Excision BioTherapeutics & received this reply :

"...I am not sure if my colleague has replied to your email yet, but I wanted to make sure you received a timely response. Sorry for the delay.

Dr. Doudna and the Innovative Genomics Institute appreciate your heartfelt note. People like you motivate the work that we do. Currently, there are no approved treatments for HSV using genome editing technology. 

The best way to stay up-to-date on clinical trials using CRISPR technology is to visit ClinicalTrials.gov or the website Antidote, which can also assist you in identifying any relevant clinical trials and connect you to more patient advocacy groups. Before signing up for anything, please check with your doctor. We do not offer any form of treatment, but these websites will identify any testing that is available for humans.

Thank you for email and we wish you well..."

Cas9
57 minutes ago, RNY18 said:

I recently wrote Excision BioTherapeutics & received this reply :

"...I am not sure if my colleague has replied to your email yet, but I wanted to make sure you received a timely response. Sorry for the delay.

Dr. Doudna and the Innovative Genomics Institute appreciate your heartfelt note. People like you motivate the work that we do. Currently, there are no approved treatments for HSV using genome editing technology. 

The best way to stay up-to-date on clinical trials using CRISPR technology is to visit ClinicalTrials.gov or the website Antidote, which can also assist you in identifying any relevant clinical trials and connect you to more patient advocacy groups. Before signing up for anything, please check with your doctor. We do not offer any form of treatment, but these websites will identify any testing that is available for humans.

Thank you for email and we wish you well..."

Yes, of course there are no approved treatments yet. That's what they're working towards.