Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
RNY18

SHINGRIX & Chicken Pox Vaccine & HSV

Recommended Posts

RNY18

https://www.dovepress.com/efficacy-of-the-anti-vzv-anti-hsv3-vaccine-in-hsv1-and-hsv2-recurrent--peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT

I came across this and other articles looking for info on  the Shingles vaccine providing some kind of cross protection against HSV 1 & 2.

This one is about the Chicken Pox vaccine.

I had also seen info on the "French Protocol" . There are also earlier threads here about peoples experience with Zostavax etc.

Anyone tried the Shingrix vaccine ?

Any issues ?

Thanks

 

Edited by RNY18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
realscience77

I know there are some posts on here where some people have taking it with good results. Hope they post here so we dont have to go digging for results.  Ive been thinking about getting it and giving it a shot (pun intended). I'm just curios about which one  to get and how to get it when you're not 50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CanadianGuy

Does anyone know if one vaccine has more potential to help than another? (I.e. shingles vs chicken pox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry
10 hours ago, RNY18 said:

https://www.dovepress.com/efficacy-of-the-anti-vzv-anti-hsv3-vaccine-in-hsv1-and-hsv2-recurrent--peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT

I came across this and other articles looking for info on  the Shingles vaccine providing some kind of cross protection against HSV 1 & 2.

This one is about the Chicken Pox vaccine.

I had also seen info on the "French Protocol" . There are also earlier threads here about peoples experience with Zostavax etc.

Anyone tried the Shingrix vaccine ?

Any issues ?

Thanks

 

I had received the Zostavax vaccine six years ago.  It was not particularly effective against shingles and/or anything else.  Mid-October 2018 I received part A of the shingles vaccine Shingrix.   On Jan. 16, 2019, I received part Shingrix part B.  Both times, I had flu like symptoms (headache, body ache, muscle ache) for 24 hours.

Actually, I think part B was worse—but I was told both part A and B are identical.  I will try and remember to keep you posted.  Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
realscience77
18 hours ago, JHenry said:

I had received the Zostavax vaccine six years ago.  It was not particularly effective against shingles and/or anything else.  Mid-October 2018 I received part A of the shingles vaccine Shingrix.   On Jan. 16, 2019, I received part Shingrix part B.  Both times, I had flu like symptoms (headache, body ache, muscle ache) for 24 hours.

Actually, I think part B was worse—but I was told both part A and B are identical.  I will try and remember to keep you posted.  Henry

@JHenry -- Has the shots help any HSV symptoms? Like neuralgia? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry

It’s been less than a month, too soon to say.   I’ve tracked my occurrences for years, with a little history—I’ll be better to judge if there has been a positive side effect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lulupazoola

I got the "old" shingles vaccine back when that was what they were peddling.  It was after that by a couple of years maybe that i had my first BO.  I wondered if it was somehow to blame, as i hadnt had sex and I couldnt imagine how i could have H.  I have not been eager to get the new shingles vaccine.  I like for the dust to settle on new meds and vaccines they r pushing.  But this is interesting and will follow this thread to see how u r affected.  Keep us posted & thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Schweppes

I had particularly good results from varivax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skrillah80
4 minutes ago, Schweppes said:

I had particularly good results from varivax.

You used varivax for hsv2? Any side effects and was it expensive? Where u get it at? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Schweppes

Varivax is available on a walk in basis from just about any pharmacy. It was 180$ at Walgreens. Side effects... very sore arm, fever, headache for 4 days. I’ve not had an outbreak or prodrome backpain since January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blushed
5 hours ago, Schweppes said:

Varivax is available on a walk in basis from just about any pharmacy. It was 180$ at Walgreens. Side effects... very sore arm, fever, headache for 4 days. I’ve not had an outbreak or prodrome backpain since January. 

Would you mind telling me which state you are in?  I just called Buffalo NY and they said they don’t have it available.  Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vzhe

This stuff doesn't work. Lots of people in forums have tried and all said they still got outbreaks. I tried. Didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blushed
2 hours ago, vzhe said:

This stuff doesn't work. Lots of people in forums have tried and all said they still got outbreaks. I tried. Didn't work.

What did u try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vzhe
2 minutes ago, Blushed said:

What did u try?

Same thing that dovepress study did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RSL888
Posted (edited)
On 2/8/2019 at 12:07 PM, realscience77 said:

@JHenry -- Has the shots help any HSV symptoms? Like neuralgia? 

I have posted before on here stating that I haven't had an OB in a year - after experiencing several OBs the first year of exposure.

2 things to report:

1. I had the SHINGRIX vaccine (1st) about 2 weeks ago.

2. I am just now (today) experiencing the initial symptoms of my first OB in a year - neuralgia near the area and into my thigh.

I will say the last two weeks have been extremely stressful for me  at home and work. I experience some severe financial crisis and at the same time had some bad news at work. Luckily - because of the stress I had already decided to take next week off of work. Glad I already planned that. I'm on 2g /day of Valtrex today. I don't think the SHINGRIX had anything to do w/ todays OB. But who knows?  

Edited by RSL888

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lulupazoola

Thank u for sharing, and very sorry for all of your bad news, not just the shingrix.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,571
    • Total Posts
      468,639
  • Posts

    • Franky26
      Hey @WilsoInAus   Thank you for your reply, we live in north America, she did the test here in Canada, I will attach a copy of the test below. I understand your point of view but its hard for me to cope with this. I never thought this would happen to me which I m sure most people feel the same.  yes I did took vows for better or worst but I feel those vows are for whatever happens after marriage not because of something happened in the past.  i feel like this is something that is going to remind me of her past for the rest of my life. its not easy for me to look past that.   
    • ayekayelle
      It was properly typed. Definitely HSV-2. No, he doesn’t get oral cold sores. So should I expect this to be another OB coming? I’ve never had an outbreak in my life and have been with my husband for 8 years with no problem! So I hope this isn’t going to keep occurring  
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @ayekayelle I am afraid to say this is pretty typical of the first few months, a fairly high chance of rolling outbreaks. Maybe the suppressive therapy will be of assistance for a while at least. By the way just to add, was you culture properly typed? Or just assumed to be HSV-2 given location? Its 50/50 seemingly as to whether cultures are typed. Does your husband get oral cold sores?
    • ayekayelle
      I just had my first OB during the first week of April, and was diagnosed with HSV2 on April 12th. I just finished my 10 day cycle of acyclovir yesterday. Today I've been feeling uncomfortable. No burning or pins and needles feelings, just more so uncomfortable and not right down there. Is it possible to be getting another OB this soon, or am I just being paranoid? I'm starting suppressive therapy as soon as I receive my medication. Blah...
    • Quest
      Doesn't sound like HSV. You can get tested in 12 wks to be sure. Get rest 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.