World's Largest Herpes Support Group
RNY18

SHINGRIX & Chicken Pox Vaccine & HSV

RNY18

https://www.dovepress.com/efficacy-of-the-anti-vzv-anti-hsv3-vaccine-in-hsv1-and-hsv2-recurrent--peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT

I came across this and other articles looking for info on  the Shingles vaccine providing some kind of cross protection against HSV 1 & 2.

This one is about the Chicken Pox vaccine.

I had also seen info on the "French Protocol" . There are also earlier threads here about peoples experience with Zostavax etc.

Anyone tried the Shingrix vaccine ?

Any issues ?

Thanks

Edited by RNY18

realscience77

I know there are some posts on here where some people have taking it with good results. Hope they post here so we dont have to go digging for results.  Ive been thinking about getting it and giving it a shot (pun intended). I'm just curios about which one  to get and how to get it when you're not 50. 

CanadianGuy

Does anyone know if one vaccine has more potential to help than another? (I.e. shingles vs chicken pox)

JHenry
10 hours ago, RNY18 said:

https://www.dovepress.com/efficacy-of-the-anti-vzv-anti-hsv3-vaccine-in-hsv1-and-hsv2-recurrent--peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT

I came across this and other articles looking for info on  the Shingles vaccine providing some kind of cross protection against HSV 1 & 2.

This one is about the Chicken Pox vaccine.

I had also seen info on the "French Protocol" . There are also earlier threads here about peoples experience with Zostavax etc.

Anyone tried the Shingrix vaccine ?

Any issues ?

Thanks

I had received the Zostavax vaccine six years ago.  It was not particularly effective against shingles and/or anything else.  Mid-October 2018 I received part A of the shingles vaccine Shingrix.   On Jan. 16, 2019, I received part Shingrix part B.  Both times, I had flu like symptoms (headache, body ache, muscle ache) for 24 hours.

Actually, I think part B was worse—but I was told both part A and B are identical.  I will try and remember to keep you posted.  Henry

realscience77
18 hours ago, JHenry said:

I had received the Zostavax vaccine six years ago.  It was not particularly effective against shingles and/or anything else.  Mid-October 2018 I received part A of the shingles vaccine Shingrix.   On Jan. 16, 2019, I received part Shingrix part B.  Both times, I had flu like symptoms (headache, body ache, muscle ache) for 24 hours.

Actually, I think part B was worse—but I was told both part A and B are identical.  I will try and remember to keep you posted.  Henry

@JHenry -- Has the shots help any HSV symptoms? Like neuralgia? 

JHenry

It’s been less than a month, too soon to say.   I’ve tracked my occurrences for years, with a little history—I’ll be better to judge if there has been a positive side effect.  

Lulupazoola

I got the "old" shingles vaccine back when that was what they were peddling.  It was after that by a couple of years maybe that i had my first BO.  I wondered if it was somehow to blame, as i hadnt had sex and I couldnt imagine how i could have H.  I have not been eager to get the new shingles vaccine.  I like for the dust to settle on new meds and vaccines they r pushing.  But this is interesting and will follow this thread to see how u r affected.  Keep us posted & thanks!

Schweppes

I had particularly good results from varivax.

Skrillah80
4 minutes ago, Schweppes said:

I had particularly good results from varivax.

You used varivax for hsv2? Any side effects and was it expensive? Where u get it at?