World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Roo123

Does this look like herpes ?

Roo123

Hi guys my first post on hear just looking for some advise becouse im confused! So 4 months ago I had protected sex with a sex worker, two days later started to get aching legs and a burning sensation in the tip of my penis ! To cut a long story short I went straight to the GUM clinic to get tested ! All my result come back clear so I was happy. 3 weeks later I started to get spots on the back of my buttocks and thighs! At this point I didn’t have a clue what herpes was or how you could get it but I did a bit of googling and started to panic. I rushed back to the GUM clinic to show them and they took one look at it and said it’s not herpes and refused to even swob  the spots! To my shock they don’t even test for herpes in a routine STI test! Anyway i went away happy again ! 2 weeks later I had a rash on my penis  the rash didn’t hurt and was just blotches Of red and more of these sports I went back to the clinic thinking this is it this time they will swob me or take one look at the rash and will tell me it’s herpes ! Nope same thing refused to swob and sent me away saying the rash is me not washing properly!  So my question is has anyone had an outbreak like this ? The rash is still there and has been for 2 months and I’m still getting the spots

24C5C847-0B7E-4ED1-8856-41B078B0D2B3.jpeg

60E64130-AAD5-4E20-BF3A-136C06991AE8.jpeg

RNY18

What type of test did you have ?

Can you find anywhere else to get re-tested ?

Edited by RNY18

Roo123

Hi so I’am aware if you can not  get swobed there is a blood test but I don’t have a clue we’re to start ! I’ve asked the clinic and they have refused and also my GP and he said it’s not something they offer !  And Both said it’s not  reliable ! Feels like they don’t really care about herpes  

Roo123

Sorry so I haven’t had any test for herpes as they refused to swob my spots they come like the first pic then get a white head. The GP said it could be folliculitis but I’m thinking with the rash and this it could be herpes  !  ! What blood test is recommended? Sorry I have hardly any knowledge about herpes 

rush82

You can order the igg blood test from here and then go to the nearest lab to get your blood drawn.. Only takes a couple days for results.  

https://www.stdcheck.com/?pid=9015792&iid=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv8r33Lyq4AIVRrXACh0ZgQjAEAAYASAAEgJbXvD_BwE

You can order a swab from here and swab yourself and send it in.

https://www.selfcollect.com/store/products/chlamydia-gonorrhea?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0LCjtryq4AIVgoWzCh2GNg07EAAYASAAEgIu8fD_BwE

Roo123

Would you recommend the blood test then ? Are they Reliable as the doctor and clinic seemed to dismiss it 

Roo123

Hi cas thanks for the comment would u say it doesn’t look like herpes ?

Roo123
32 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

It's not herpes

Cas9
1 hour ago, Roo123 said:

It doesn't look like it and those locations on your leg are not likely. I would never say never but I just don't think that's what you have. If you can't get satisfaction with your doctors, perhaps see a dermatologist.

Roo123
8 hours ago, Cas9 said:

It doesn't look like it and those locations on your leg are not likely. I would never say never but I just don't think that's what you have. If you can't get satisfaction with your doctors, perhaps see a dermatologist.

Thanks again cas ! I think your right a need to see a dermatologist!  They don’t look like blisters and they don’t hurt like people say herpes does  and they have been popping up one after another ! I just fine it really weird how I’ve been getting them ever since the encounter thanks for your help 

Roo123
19 hours ago, Cas9 said:

It's not herpes

Here is a better picture of how the spots look on my legs as the others were not that clear 

7A745D2E-94D9-4097-B3A6-C58420B0E114.jpeg

GlitterDx

It doesn't look like herpes to me. But... did they test genital areas for other STIs? Like chlamydia or syphilis etc?

Could be folliculitis... bacterial infection of hair follicles from untreated hot tubs etc (needs antibiotics)? Bed bugs from hotel etc? Staph from the gym? 

Go to dermatologist. 

Edited by GlitterDx

Notthesame

Are u in uk. Sounds like u r.. the aching legs and burning penis etc. Should be considered. Docs in uk r told unless it's an obvious coldsore looking thing rule out herpes. All these things spots on buttocks burning redness etc do come up alot as side symptoms of herpes due to changes and viral attack but arnt acknowledged. 

Roo123
7 hours ago, Notthesame said:

Are u in uk. Sounds like u r.. the aching legs and burning penis etc. Should be considered. Docs in uk r told unless it's an obvious coldsore looking thing rule out herpes. All these things spots on buttocks burning redness etc do come up alot as side symptoms of herpes due to changes and viral attack but arnt acknowledged. 

Hi thanks for your reply and yes I’m in the Uk and the doctors seem pretty clueless about the subject if I’m honest ! They are weird I’ve not had them near my penis just on my buttocks and legs ! They don’t hurt they pop up single spots then go within 2-4 days I’ve had a new one pop up today near my groin I have attached a pic seem to be popping up every day ! Think I need to get a blood test booked some how will have to go private ! 

I have been sleeping with a girl for the past 5 months (don’t worry she is fully aware of the situation and doesn’t care )  and she hasn’t shown any signs so far 

84B65266-FA8F-4715-B9F6-EA6EFC9DF12F.jpeg

Roo123
9 hours ago, GlitterDx said:

It doesn't look like herpes to me. But... did they test genital areas for other STIs? Like chlamydia or syphilis etc?

Could be folliculitis... bacterial infection of hair follicles from untreated hot tubs etc (needs antibiotics)? Bed bugs from hotel etc? Staph from the gym? 

Go to dermatologist. 

Hi yes I’ve been tested for all the above and all come back negative. Never been tested for herpes as they refuse to swob them! Think I’m just going have to get a blood test to find out ! Is it IGG the one you get ? I want to believe folliculitis but I have to many other symptoms ! Just seems so hard to get tested for this in England 

PeaceNeeded
4 hours ago, Roo123 said:

Hi yes I’ve been tested for all the above and all come back negative. Never been tested for herpes as they refuse to swob them! Think I’m just going have to get a blood test to find out ! Is it IGG the one you get ? I want to believe folliculitis but I have to many other symptoms ! Just seems so hard to get tested for this in England 

Take a blood test for HSV2 IGG. I do have similar things, tested positive to hsv2 even if with low numbers. I am waiting for a fifth test one year later the infection.

Roo123
43 minutes ago, PeaceNeeded said:

Take a blood test for HSV2 IGG. I do have similar things, tested positive to hsv2 even if with low numbers. I am waiting for a fifth test one year later the infection.

So you get similar spots do yours hurt ? If you have tested positive do you mind me asking why you keep testing ? I’m lucky I have found someone who doesn’t care what I have but it’s still horrible to think I can pass it to someone if I have it ! I just want to know 

I am looking to book a blood test soon but what ever than comes back saying I’m just going to accept the test I can’t keep chasing this thing sick of it only after 5 months ! 

PeaceNeeded
2 minutes ago, Roo123 said:

So you get similar spots do yours hurt ? If you have tested positive do you mind me asking why you keep testing ? I’m lucky I have found someone who doesn’t care what I have but it’s still horrible to think I can pass it to someone if I have it ! I just want to know 

I am looking to book a blood test soon but what ever than comes back saying I’m just going to accept the test I can’t keep chasing this thing sick of it only after 5 months ! 

No rarely hurt. Probably only with my first "outbreak" which consisted in many little pimples on glans, I had sort of "hurt" or discomfort in inner legs but cannot be sure. And they didn't itch too.

If you read my story you'll understand that is sort of atypical, I got low IGG numbers and only a totally POSITIVE result (in the hospital where they didn't give me numbers!!!).  A following test showed again 0.90 (!!!) which is the last acceptable range of "negative" (you are equivocal with 1.0 and positive with 1.1).

Notthesame
7 minutes ago, Roo123 said:

Order a home test kit. £40 through bettertoknow.. let us know how u get on. Even with that spot  today I'd go in and demand a swab done on it. Don't take any crap from them. 

Roo123
34 minutes ago, PeaceNeeded said:

No rarely hurt. Probably only with my first "outbreak" which consisted in many little pimples on glans, I had sort of "hurt" or discomfort in inner legs but cannot be sure. And they didn't itch too.

If you read my story you'll understand that is sort of atypical, I got low IGG numbers and only a totally POSITIVE result (in the hospital where they didn't give me numbers!!!).  A following test showed again 0.90 (!!!) which is the last acceptable range of "negative" (you are equivocal with 1.0 and positive with 1.1).

Ah I see ! It seems a bugger to try and find out it u have it !  I I do think I have I’m having mouth ulcers at the moment to and severe dry eye that I’ve never had before so it’s worrying ! But if I have I’ll just have to get on with it and try not to let it change me as a person! It sucks but life goes on 

PeaceNeeded
1 minute ago, Roo123 said:

Ah I see ! It seems a bugger to try and find out it u have it !  I I do think I have I’m having mouth ulcers at the moment to and severe dry eye that I’ve never had before so it’s worrying ! But if I have I’ll just have to get on with it and try not to let it change me as a person! It sucks but life goes on 

But the most important question is: did you have "new" unprotected, "risky" sexual intercourses a week or two before you experienced the first symptoms? Otherwise it could not be herpes.

Roo123

It started 3 weeks after risky protected sex so it doesn’t look good ! If it is I’m lucky so far as I don’t have pain ! Just worry that if i pass this on the girl I’m with will get it worse than me that would really kill me !  It’s shit ! Good luck tho pal hope it all works out