World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Braino

Genital Hsv1

Braino

I see all the post about the need to disclose Genital HSV1 and stories of people disclosing to people that accept their partner having Genital HSV1.  I read the stories of people saying “your sex life is not over.” So I’m sure people on this site with Genital HSV1 have been having sex and/or oral sex. But when the question is asked, does anyone have success stories of not passing the virus to their partner(s) or have you accidentally passed the virus to anyone, seems to be very few responses.  We’ve all read the stats on transmission, I wanted to hear real life stories.

Braino
13 minutes ago, lali said:

I'm wondering the same

I was diagnosed last October by swab. I 100% got it from receiving oral sex. From October to now I’ve received hella unprotected oral sex with multiple partner multiple times and sex once with a condom. To my knowledge I never passed this virus on. What about you? How long have you had Genital HSV1? Have you had sex or received oral sex after your diagnosis?

lali

I've had it for 3 years now and i had sex three times protected. Never passed it on to my knowledge. I did dry hump last night and im getting pretty scared about it.

Scooby2112

I tested blood positive for hsv1. So I don’t have definite confirmation that I have it genitally.  However since July 2017 (after receiving oral from a new partner) I started having burning sensation in my thighs along with some itchy sensation in my penis and testicle area.  

This has gone on basically constantly since then.  

I have since had unprotected penis in vagina sex (not the same person that gave me oral) about twice a week since August 2017 with the same person and have not spread it (to my knowledge- she shows no symptoms).  

Mrmoney

I have been diagnosed with genital HSV1 I got from oral sex and it was a HORRIBLE initial break out. Since then I haven’t had much if any symptoms. I have had sex multiple times since then protected but unprotected oral and no passage of the virus I know of. I wonder if having genital HSV1 would be more difficult to pass or if it ever would pass due to being in the downstairs in its “unnatural invironment”. Wonder if it’s safe unprotected as I have a girlfriend now and would like to stop using protection. I’ve been taking these supplements said to keep it from coming back and eventually “rids the body of the virus” company name is Synergy pharmaceuticals worth looking them up, not sure if it actually works but I have good results so far been on it for about 2 months now. 

Skrillah80
5 hours ago, Mrmoney said:

I have been diagnosed with genital HSV1 I got from oral sex and it was a HORRIBLE initial break out. Since then I haven’t had much if any symptoms. I have had sex multiple times since then protected but unprotected oral and no passage of the virus I know of. I wonder if having genital HSV1 would be more difficult to pass or if it ever would pass due to being in the downstairs in its “unnatural invironment”. Wonder if it’s safe unprotected as I have a girlfriend now and would like to stop using protection. I’ve been taking these supplements said to keep it from coming back and eventually “rids the body of the virus” company name is Synergy pharmaceuticals worth looking them up, not sure if it actually works but I have good results so far been on it for about 2 months now. 

Let me know how it all works out for u

RNY18

Does your GF know ?

There's been lots of commentary about Synergy here, look it up.

Braino
10 hours ago, Skrillah80 said:

Let me know how it all works out for u

What about you? How long have you had Genital HSV1? Have you had sex or received oral sex after your diagnosis?

8 hours ago, RNY18 said:

Does your GF know ?

There's been lots of commentary about Synergy here, look it up.

What about you? How long have you had Genital HSV1? Have you had sex or received oral sex after your diagnosis?

Braino
30 minutes ago, RNY18 said:

I was diagnosed in Nov. 2018.

Have you had sex and or  oral sex sense your diagnosis? Protected/ unprotected?

Braino
On 2/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, Skrillah80 said:

Both.. 

Unprotected or protected?

Lonelyboy

I do sex with my partner every week,  3 times I did sex with outbreaks HSV1 but it’s not pass to my partner I do not know what’s the resone. 

Lonelyboy
3 minutes ago, Lonelyboy said:

I do sex with my partner every week,  3 times I did sex with outbreaks HSV1 but it’s not pass to my partner I do not know what’s the resone. 

I did not know I have HSV1 so I was doing sex normal. Later when my doctor see me he said it is HSV1 and it is positive in blood test. Last time 6 months ago I did sex with my partner with outbreaks but until now she is fine.  

WilsoInAus
31 minutes ago, Lonelyboy said:

I did not know I have HSV1 so I was doing sex normal. Later when my doctor see me he said it is HSV1 and it is positive in blood test. Last time 6 months ago I did sex with my partner with outbreaks but until now she is fine.  

It is likely you have oral HSV-1. You avoid brining into contact your mouth sores with your partner.

Your genitals are not contagious in this setting.

Lonelyboy
9 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

It is likely you have oral HSV-1. You avoid brining into contact your mouth sores with your partner.

Your genitals are not contagious in this setting.

But the outbreaks in my genitals area. In my mouth nothing 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Lonelyboy said:

But the outbreaks in my genitals area. In my mouth nothing 

Then you should get a swab to establish what’s going on when you have an outbreak.

mconcerned1986
On 2/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, Scooby2112 said:

I tested blood positive for hsv1. So I don’t have definite confirmation that I have it genitally.  However since July 2017 (after receiving oral from a new partner) I started having burning sensation in my thighs along with some itchy sensation in my penis and testicle area.  

This has gone on basically constantly since then.  

I have since had unprotected penis in vagina sex (not the same person that gave me oral) about twice a week since August 2017 with the same person and have not spread it (to my knowledge- she shows no symptoms).  

Did you know if this was low positive or a high positive? Did you get a western blot? Did you have any others in the past?

how long it took for you to convert? 

Scooby2112

It was a lower positive but hsv1 is more likely to be false negative than false positive.  No blot.  I took the test at approx 9 or 10 weeks post exposure.  

mconcerned1986

You should check again for a clarification. Because sometimes when u test low positive within 16 weeks it could be you r developing antibodies slowly and seroconverting. Good luck and keep us posted

Scooby2112

What would testing again show? 

If I am low positive and then test high positive - I am still positive so I don't see the value.  

mconcerned1986

What happens is sometimes when u get low positives u tend to be in the false positive zone so hence asked to verify that’s all. Cheers bro.