World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pinkydinkydoo

Officially here

pinkydinkydoo

I posted in the witing for results area

20 minutes ago I got the call and Im positive for HSV-2 from my OB. Im currently 32 weeks pregnant and was so excited about my baby girl entering the world, and now I feel like im world has crashed and Im just numb. I already suffer from Bipolar so I stay pretty depressed a lot, and now this. I know its not over, but I feel as if my life is over, especially my personal life. If it werent hard enough to find someone to date since I have kids, now this crap. Im so mad I let this happen to me. I found myself in a time in my life where I was carefree and didnt think of concequences after my sons father left me during the prepreation for out wedding. I kinda had a mental breakdown. Now I dont know where I got it from. Me and my sons father starting hanging out again in August and as of right now are not on good terms at all. Hes pretty violent in nature and Im horrified to call him. Cant Health dept contact ppl for you? Im just honestly scared what he'll do to me even though I think its his loser tail I got it from.

anyways Im jessica and from NC. Im almost 23 (jan 2nd)

catiesmom

I'm Carrie, i'll be 27 jan 9, and i'm back on the dating scene too. Catie's father and I had a horrible break up and it took me almost 2 years to get back in the dating scene. Finally found a guy i liked and what happened??? He ruined casual dating for me. Figures.

I'm so sorry all this has happened to you. Did your doctor give you any advice about the birth now that you have HSV? I'd hate for you to be surprised when you go in for a natural birth and the doctor insists on a c-section. It's best if you have a doctor who will at least talk things through with you.

I know there's a website where you can send anonymous cards to people who might have infected you. I forget what it is now, but it was in a post not long ago. It might be best for you to go the anonymous route, so it seems like it's someone else from his past (not his current partner) who has it.

Good luck!

pinkydinkydoo

thanks and nice to meet you

ugh I havent stopped crying yet

Yes i talked to my OB and she told me shes calling in Valtrax for me now and take it for 10 days. I ave my next OB appt Jan 3rd. Then when im 36 weeks pregnant i will start 1 valtrax pill a day til I go into labor to minimize the chances of an outbreak so I can deliver naturally

msthickness

Hi jessica im from nc my name is Felicia, sorry to here that you are haveing such a terriable time with this. I found out in oct and trust me i have been going back and forth with this thing mentally to.You feel like life as we know it is over, and you just want to give up well i look at it this way there are far worst things that could be going on with you than this i know you are saying yeah right but why me? and thats true why any of us, i have two beautiful boys and the man i have been dealing with now for 13yrs is married i have gh and he doesn't and its so depressing because i am alone. But just when i start to get down i look at my babies and i move on, Yes you will have your bad days when you just want to cry and you will have a lot of good days when you don't think about it, whats important is that you stay strong and keep focus not only for yourself but for your kids and that new baby.... and always put god first belive it or not prayer works. Im am living proof. Things will all work out and you will be fine. and when ever you want to talk send me a private message im always on here.. God bless

pinkydinkydoo

thank you for that. Im trying to let everything sink in.

If anyone has that site on hand id love to have it. I cant tell my ex personally. Im scared of him even though Im sure he gave it to me. Hes the type who will blame me even if he knew he gave it to me

HC-Support-Team

Anonymous Online Email Service (tell a previous partner to get tested)

Here is a site which allows you to send an anonymous email to an ex-partner and warn them to get tested:

http://www.inspot.org/tell-them/tell-them.aspx?regionid=48&sitelvl=1

There are more helpful links and articles on the right.

Hope this helps ;)

Shenda

catiesmom

I knew someone would be smart enough to pass that info along. Thanks, Shenda!!!!

pinkydinkydoo

thanks so much for the link

Im doing a lil better today. I finally broke and told my mom cause I needed someone to talk to in real life. She told me my father gave it to her when they were married and was reason for their divorce. I never knew that. She said shes only had one outbreak since (87). I feel better knowing its more common that even my mother has it. Now after reading about these tragic stories of babies catching it during delivery, im getting horrified again

catiesmom

It's amazing you and your mom can bond over this. My mom would freak, even if she DID have it.

Stay strong, and take it one day at a time. Talk your delivery fears over with your doctor!