World's Largest Herpes Support Group
  1. lali

lali

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Franky26
      Hey @WilsoInAus   Thank you for your reply, we live in north America, she did the test here in Canada, I will attach a copy of the test below. I understand your point of view but its hard for me to cope with this. I never thought this would happen to me which I m sure most people feel the same.  yes I did took vows for better or worst but I feel those vows are for whatever happens after marriage not because of something happened in the past.  i feel like this is something that is going to remind me of her past for the rest of my life. its not easy for me to look past that.   
    • ayekayelle
      It was properly typed. Definitely HSV-2. No, he doesn’t get oral cold sores. So should I expect this to be another OB coming? I’ve never had an outbreak in my life and have been with my husband for 8 years with no problem! So I hope this isn’t going to keep occurring  
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @ayekayelle I am afraid to say this is pretty typical of the first few months, a fairly high chance of rolling outbreaks. Maybe the suppressive therapy will be of assistance for a while at least. By the way just to add, was you culture properly typed? Or just assumed to be HSV-2 given location? Its 50/50 seemingly as to whether cultures are typed. Does your husband get oral cold sores?
    • ayekayelle
      I just had my first OB during the first week of April, and was diagnosed with HSV2 on April 12th. I just finished my 10 day cycle of acyclovir yesterday. Today I've been feeling uncomfortable. No burning or pins and needles feelings, just more so uncomfortable and not right down there. Is it possible to be getting another OB this soon, or am I just being paranoid? I'm starting suppressive therapy as soon as I receive my medication. Blah...
    • Quest
      Doesn't sound like HSV. You can get tested in 12 wks to be sure. Get rest 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.