World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Goran123

Dopamine causes OB's not Arginine

Goran123

I have had HSV2 for more than 15 years, and have studied this virus since I was diagnosed. Tried absolutely everything to keep my OB's in check without success (until recently with Amenalief, but thats a different story)

My particular interest for a while was the Lysine VS Arginine diet. My super trigger for OB was chocolate and nuts witch is high in Arginine, And I believed this claims to be true. However I tested this with eating food high in Lysine and taking supplements. But as soon as I eat some chocolate or was stressed out the OB's kept coming. Very frustrating it was, no matter what herbs or vitamins I took that was supposed to help noting helped, Valterex & Co never helps me anyway. 

I read recently a medical paper about brain's production and releases of Dopamine. Then I put 2 and 2 together. It is Dopamine that causes HSV outbreak's and not Arginine. Food high in Arginine also makes the brain release Dopamine. Chocolate, Nuts, junk food etc.

All other activities that some people claims gets them outbreaks also is the activities that makes the brain release Dopamine. Stress, sex, lack of sleep, taking ilicid drugs, alcohol, exercise, amputations or other surgeries, etc. These are some activities that some including myself says gets them OB's. The thing is, these activities also creates Dopamine releases from your brain.

Conclusion: Dopamine is the main reason for herpes outbreaks  !!??

Has there been any papers on this? 

If I am right, maybe some researcher should look into this. Could be interesting for the medical professionals trying to get us some improved future drugs.

Kurdt01

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat...had it 16 years and nothing has ever really helped except for Amenalief....I can take lysine till i'm blue in the face and it does nothing....though gorging on Chocolate and nut def cause OB's for me as well....I think you might be onto something....a lot of the diet stuff has never rang true for me because of how many people probably live on Junk food alcohol and drugs and probably don't even know they have it? Probably a lot.

brookeb300

I hope the amenalief works like you guys said.  I just ordered some. Maybe if more people order the price will go down more. 

The song remains the same
On 2/10/2019 at 10:48 AM, brookeb300 said:

I hope the amenalief works like you guys said.  I just ordered some. Maybe if more people order the price will go down more. 

Unfortunately, It's probably the opposite. Supply and demand. The higher the demand the less the supply, the more the price will increase.

nope1234

where are you ordering the amenalief I cant find a website to order from! thank you!

Qzor

Interesting...I have been having weekly outbreaks the past month after 16 years of 2/3 times a year. Even on a high arginine low lysine diet as a vegan (loads of nuts, seeds and coconut) obvs no dairy,  I was still only getting them when incredibly stressed, 2/3 times a year.  

Recently I have been taking a supplement called dopaboost. To specifically boost dopamine. It's herbalish...contains dopamine pre cursers. B6 mainly along with other herbs. It was very very effective, the change it my dopamine levels was mind blowing. Maybe you are on to something....

James123

Really interesting observation.. It makes a lot of sense. But if it’s true, would be really weird to try to have less “pleasure” moments in life. Is there any supplement that lower the dopamine levels? Maybe there is a balance if we take 5htp (increases serotonin) and could help.. Take less coffee also probably help!! I take like 2 per day + pre workout.. probably 500mg of caffeine per day. Anyone here doesn’t take it and have constant outbreaks??

G77

I tnink it can depend on the individual too and the type of herpes maybe. I eat a vegan diet high in arginine, I eat loads of dark chocolate and drink a shit ton of caffeine in the form of coffee and matcha green tea and even the odd energy drink before the gym but I never have ob's anymore. I no longer take lysine either. I've tried 5htp for something else and I didn't like it. It made my heart race and kept me awake all night ( I thought it helped with sleep) . 

emcee
Posted (edited)

@Goran123, @Kurdt01 I'm wondering how often you have outbreaks and if anything has ever helped? After a year and a half of constant outbreaks, mine have actually gotten worse the past three months such that some nights I can't fall asleep because of the near daily burning pain in my right hip. Nothing has ever helped. I've had three outbreaks in the past 4-5 weeks or so.

@James123, I've dabled with being off caffeine for a week at a time here and there, but my symptoms are non-stop, regardless. Perhaps I will try it for much longer, but with symptoms like mine, I almost have to be careful not to eliminate everything in my diet or I'll go crazy (already am)

Edited by emcee

Goran123
1 hour ago, emcee said:

@Goran123, @Kurdt01 I'm wondering how often you have outbreaks and if anything has ever helped? After a year and a half of constant outbreaks, mine have actually gotten worse the past three months such that some nights I can't fall asleep because of the near daily burning pain in my right hip. Nothing has ever helped. I've had three outbreaks in the past 4-5 weeks or so.

@James123, I've dabled with being off caffeine for a week at a time here and there, but my symptoms are non-stop, regardless. Perhaps I will try it for much longer, but with symptoms like mine, I almost have to be careful not to eliminate everything in my diet or I'll go crazy (already am)

I have had almost constant OB's the last 7 years, I believe life style, diet and stress is the cause of it. I tried Amenalief from Japan a few months ago, that helped instantly but it was no cure, but it helped tremendously with shortening the OB's time interval's. I stopped because the price of it was a bit steep. 

The last couple of months I started with Yoga and meditation, that brought my stress level say way down, law and behold I have only had 1 OB since then. And that lasted only a couple of days. I highly recommend trying that.

Apart from that I am in a facebook group for HSV positives in asia, and there is a lot of people in that group singing high praises of zostavax, witch is a shingles vaccine. I have not taken it yet, but I will later on. some claim that they have never had OB's since taking that. I know for a fact some who had constant OB's like me, but took this vaccine 5 years ago and never had a OB since.

emcee
5 minutes ago, Goran123 said:

I have had almost constant OB's the last 7 years, I believe life style, diet and stress is the cause of it. I tried Amenalief from Japan a few months ago, that helped instantly but it was no cure, but it helped tremendously with shortening the OB's time interval's. I stopped because the price of it was a bit steep. 

The last couple of months I started with Yoga and meditation, that brought my stress level say way down, law and behold I have only had 1 OB since then. And that lasted only a couple of days. I highly recommend trying that.

Apart from that I am in a facebook group for HSV positives in asia, and there is a lot of people in that group singing high praises of zostavax, witch is a shingles vaccine. I have not taken it yet, but I will later on. some claim that they have never had OB's since taking that. I know for a fact some who had constant OB's like me, but took this vaccine 5 years ago and never had a OB since.

I've had the Shingrex vaccine here in Canada, which is the newer one. Perhaps I should ask my GP for zostavax and try that as well (if he'll give it to me after trying Shingrex, hopefully he will).

Regarding meditation and yoga - how often do you do it and for how long? I've certainly played around with meditation on off for years, but I don't do it heavily. Maybe ten minutes a night a few nights a week.

Goran123
29 minutes ago, emcee said:

I've had the Shingrex vaccine here in Canada, which is the newer one. Perhaps I should ask my GP for zostavax and try that as well (if he'll give it to me after trying Shingrex, hopefully he will).

Regarding meditation and yoga - how often do you do it and for how long? I've certainly played around with meditation on off for years, but I don't do it heavily. Maybe ten minutes a night a few nights a week.

I only meditate 3 times a week, 30  minutes each time. Yoga I do 2 times a week at 1 hour.

Kurdt01

typically about once a month but that can vary and has wildly over the 14 years I've had this....i've had as much as once a week for three weeks and more recently have gone a solid month with 0 OB's....

I used to think that the AV's don't help at all (except for amenavir, but it's too expensive to make it a routine) but lately I'm thinking maybe the the AV's (Valtrex and famvir) might actually help a little, just not that great....but even keeping the OB's down to once a month is improvement for me and worth taking them....

I've tried almost everything over the years including 2 vaccine trials (Gen 003 and Halfords) nothing has ever been miraculous...the best thing has been amenavir....so if and when Pritelivir is released it will probably be pretty great...and maybe we can all finally move on with life...

viralfrog
On 6/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, Goran123 said:

Zostavax was very interesting and did a lot of research on it after reading your porst. I found plenty of threads on here as well as an old French study, however it seems that most people who tried it here had no positive results. If you have any more information, let me know. 

Goran123
7 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Zostavax was very interesting and did a lot of research on it after reading your porst. I found plenty of threads on here as well as an old French study, however it seems that most people who tried it here had no positive results. If you have any more information, let me know.

I don't have anymore than at least 10 people in the FB group is praising it. I will give it a try, It is cheap enough. I will let you know if I have some positive effects. 

viralfrog
5 hours ago, Goran123 said:

I don't have anymore than at least 10 people in the FB group is praising it. I will give it a try, It is cheap enough. I will let you know if I have some positive effects. 

That is very interesting and yes please do keep me updated. I found you can get it from bumrungrad for 6900 baht but probably could just go to a local clinic or buy if off a pharmacy by yourself. 

I'm very doubtful though, as there is this 33 page thread where the consensus seems to be that it makes no difference :( 

Qzor

From trial and error the big trigger for me is sugar. Along with stress. But I think sugar is especially prominent as it decreases white t-cell function and messes with the immune system generally. I experimented doing a raw fruitarian detox - had constant outbreaks from 3 a year to once a week. Some naturopaths would say this is the virus leaving your body. But that doesn't fit for me, I could feel a tingle 30 secs after eating a piece of fruit. My advice would be go super low on the sugar, that's all sugars not just ditch the coke.