World's Largest Herpes Support Group
  1. Happybee

Happybee

• Similar Content

• TCBH
      By TCBH
      Hey all,
      Found this on GEN-03, the vaccine that couldn't fund the final trials.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31103365?dopt=Abstract  Seems like they are trying to find investors possibly.  Does anyone have insight on this?  I would love to have a series of vaccine shots versus a daily antiviral pill.

• TerribleAtUserNames
      By TerribleAtUserNames
      Hi there, 
      Long time lurker, first time poster, and I'll keep it simple and condensed. 
      I've only signed up because I realize the depths of suffering some people are in, trying all sorts of desperate treatments, and I've basically been sitting on something that has taken me to near 0 outbreaks (hsv1 genital).
      When I first got infected some years back, I had an atypical presentation--no pain or itching, but permanently there. Bumps going up and down within the same day even, but pretty much permanently covering the head of my penis. Doctor swabbed it--came back hsv 1; he said it looked like it to him too. 
      Now to the meat of it--rubbing alcohol.
      Its simple, and I'm pretty surprised that I've only seen it mentioned once here--a woman was talking about it, so I assume it works for girls too. I apply once daily, to once every 3 days, and that keeps me pretty much permanently outbreak free. 
      It quite literally went from every day broken out for me to just about nothing. Anyway, to the what and where of it all... 

I use 99% isopropyl. 70% seems good too. I now have a spray bottle, but used to just dump it on the head and roll my foreskin up over it for like 20ish seconds--whatever process is actually happening, I like to think I'm facilitating absorption into the soft tissue by doing this and wreaking havoc on the virus. Obviously, you may have to do it a bit differently, genital depending.
      I've been doing this treatment for a few years now, so it has staying power. I read once that herpes is shreded by alcohol, so if true, I guess that explains it? However, iterupting regular treatment seems to have anecdotally, but not with great surety, made the herpes a bit less suceptible to the alcohol upon resumption. 
      Yes, it burns terribly at first. Over time it gets better. Some days it still really burns, and in those cases I advise listening to your body and cutting the countdown short. Other than that, it feels really damn good to basically tell herpes to eff off. 
      I don't know what kind of health risks there are. Or whether using a high % grain (drinking) alcohol would work / be healthier. I advise asking your doctor--afterall, alchohol is implicated in throat cancer. Who knows if 20-30 seconds daily on your junk can do something too. 
      But for those who struggle constantly, I truly hope this can help someone other than just me. 

I also hope that this finds its way to the right forum. I wanted it in a place where casual, straight from Google, viewers would see it when they came here, and I'm hoping--and asking, please--that if I didn't get it in the right place, a moderator can instead. And, should it help as I suggest, perhaps even stickying it one day. 
      I'm sorry in advance, I'm not a big forum person and don't come here crazy often. It just felt like something I should do for everyone else's sake. Hopefully you can excuse me if I'm an absentee topic starter. 
      Thanks for reading,
      - Taylor

Edit:
      I forgot to add in any negative effects I've experienced. 
      Sometimes, if its burning more than usual and I leave it too long, it does make the skin pinker than it should be, and sore. 
      The big question, what about loss of sensitivity? I worried that may happen, and its possible actually that I've lost some amount. But if I have, it wasn't even enough to remember when posting this originally, hahaha.
      Still every body is different, so I can only speak for me. But yes, for me, my sensitivity down there is still in great shape. 
      Over the last few years I've on average had less stiff erections, and dysfunction, which I never had before. However, I've also been less physically healthy, I've been mentally disengaged and highly anxious around sex and sexuality (and when I'm not anxious, it often improves quite a bit), I read once that herpes itself can actually cause forms of ED, and I'm also now out of my 20's, so... 
      Possibly related? But also very possibly unrelated to the alcohol. I'm biased though, both in mentality and my words here. So, perhaps consult a doctor if you're concerned. 
      Cheers! 
    • TaylorNicks
      By TaylorNicks
      Hello! I’m new here, I found out about 8 months ago that I am living with Herpes. I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. I was infected last January. I was out with friends and went to an after party at a mutual friends, friends, party. I ended up getting drugged and raped. I woke up the next morning, covered in my own blood and in an unfamiliar place. Once I got home, I realized I had the worst pain in my genital area. Later to get tested and be positive for herpes. It’s one thing to have herpes, it’s another to have received them through rape.
      Anyway, When I found out, I didn’t tell my boyfriend, I was unsure how he would react. It came out one night when I was drunk and he was so angry with me. We are still together and moving to a new state together. But he continues to bring up the fact that I have it and he is terrified he’s going to get it. How can I comfort him, how can we get our relationship back to how it was before he knew? We used to be extremely sexually active (twice a day), now it’s like twice a month, with a condom. 
      My boyfriend could not cope with the fact that i had it and that he still has not gotten it, he made me get a third test done for his satisfaction. Ive now had 4 tests done. Two came back slightly positive, like .2% over the “ inconclusive” results, one completely negative, and one positive. Help?? What does this mean?
      I have done research for a black market cure, has anyone else? 
      I found one that is being studied in the  Caribbean  and Mexico. Has anyone else seen anything else about this? 
      Or know any homeopathic  cures?
      Thanks for your help. And for reading this long post! 
    • Cpt. Hindsight
      By Cpt. Hindsight
      Pretty cool article discussing a study done in Vivo with rabbits targeting latent HSV1 and using what looks to be a different approach than CRISPR to prevent latent reactivation. I’m not a scientist, but the percentages quoted here sound pretty promising.

https://jvi.asm.org/content/92/16/e00812-18.full

• Bhbr2018
      By Bhbr2018
      “I was tested, I’m clean,” he said on the phone
      I said “Are you sure?” I didn’t  like his tone
      Can I see your results, in plain black and white?
      Cause something feels off, I know it’s not right
      “My blood tests all negative, I’m in the clear”,
      I said “Where is HSV bloods, cause I don’t see it here?”
      We both seemed confused, and picked up the phone
      It’s not included in the panel? How should we have known?
      Did I give it to him? Did he give it to me?
      The CDC doesn’t test for herpes? HOW COULD THIS BE?
      Did he cheat? Was it dormant? Did I pass on a disease?
      No answers from lab coats to put me at ease
      No bedside manner, or kindness in their voice
      They decide what to test, what about our choice?
      I have to beg and to plead to pay for a test?
      Because knowing my own status will cause me more stress?
      Is this all a joke? Some kind of enigma?
      For a medical community to promote this kind of stigma?
      “We don’t think the test will change a damn thing”
      How about the psycological pain it will inevitably bring?
      “We therefore encourage doctors not to run the test”
      So let the poor symptomatics deal with the mess?
      “Ignorance is bliss, so it’s better to not know”
      And for everyone else, you reap what you sow?
      “It’s a harmless skin condition,” they’ll tell you I’m sure
      But let’s not test or talk about it, and not look for the cure
      False positives, the stigma, and lies all around
      A few examples as to why the CDC let’s us all down
      DEATH TO THE CDC fuck it right up the ass
      Include Hsv in the tests, we all may not pass
      And that’s perfectly fine let’s talk about it more
      Let’s normalize the STI, and the common cold sore. 

• Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.