Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
@lw@ys

IMC-1 Extremely Interesting read

Recommended Posts

LovedAnyway

I wrote about this dr a while back.  His name is Dr. Skip Pridgen.  His office is in Alabama.  I emailed back and forth with him several times and he said he could treat me but it's a 3 hour drive from Atlanta.  They can't get the funds to pay for the next study so I don't think it's going anywhere.  However, he will tell any dr the combination of doses that has been working for him if they will sign an NDA.  Very nice man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne

Sounds like this could help us!

Edited by Miss Horne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

@Miss Horne looks like a very promising combination of drugs. It is currently being developed for Fibromyalgia which they are thinking may be caused by HSV 1. My opinion based on the drugs they are using (Famcyclovir and Celecoxib) it could be very beneficial to HSV 1 & 2 sufferers. When you are not so tired I recommend reading the article. It's not terribly long and could give you much better insight and reference point on what content to search when you feel like doing so.

Edited by @lw@ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
12 minutes ago, @lw@ys said:

@Miss Horne looks like a very promising combination of drugs. It is currently being developed for Fibromyalgia which they are thinking may be caused by HSV 1. My opinion based on the drugs they are using (Famcyclovir and Celecoxib) it could be very beneficial to HSV 1 & 2 sufferers.

I have Fibromyalgia so could persuade my Doctor to prescribe it if it ever comes to the European market. Excellent find, I never even heard of this until now. 

Thanks :)

What does the experts (in my opinion) @MikeHerp and @Cas9 think of this? 

Edited by Miss Horne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

It seems you make the perfect candidate. @LovedAnyway has communicated with a Dr, that is an integral part of this study maybe an email or website could be provided for your GP to correspond with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne

So it’s not in phase 3 yet but they are working with the FDA? 

That’s how I interpreted this, would you agree? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

Yes, your interpretation is correct. But even if did not make it to Phase III the drugs they are using are already approved by the FDA and the Dr, that @LovedAnyway had communication with ( Dr, Skip Pridgen of the state Alabama in the U.S.) would be willing to share the specific combinations/doses to any doctor willing cooperate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
1 minute ago, @lw@ys said:

Yes, your interpretation is correct. But even if did not make it to Phase III the drugs they are using are already approved by the FDA and the Dr, that @LovedAnyway had communication with ( Dr, Skip Pridgen of the state Alabama in the U.S.) would be willing to share the specific combinations/doses to any doctor willing cooperate. 

Might be worth looking into, thanks for the tip.

However the UK are super strict with medication, you can’t even buy a jumbo pack packet of paracetamols anymore, 20 is the limit :joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

Wow! Well, paracetamol is dangerous for the liver in high doses so maybe it's a good thing, haha. But, if you and your doctor are willing to do a little extra work, I think you may be able to accomplish this.

TIP: I find that my GP is more willing to work with me on suggestions when I gather up as much literature for him as possible regarding my requests.

Edited by @lw@ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
Just now, @lw@ys said:

Wow! Well, paracetamol is dangerous for the liver in high doses so maybe it's a good thing, haha. But, if you and your doctor are willing to do a little extra work, I think you may be able to accomplish this.

Worth a try but it was like pulling teeth trying to get my Doctor to prescribe Valtrex instead of Aciclovir. We always get the cheap, shit drugs for free, the Doctor doesn’t like prescribing the expensive stuff.

Not that either one really helps me, I might as well take bloody tic tacs :joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

Geez!!! Well I wish you the best in your endeavor!! And you if you are successful please update me directly or through this thread.

Edited by @lw@ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
4 minutes ago, @lw@ys said:

Geez!!! Well I wish you the best in your endeavor!! And you if you are successful please update me directly or through this thread.

Will do and thank you so much ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

You are welcome. I see things of this nature as means to make the wait for CRISPR to achieve the holy grail Sterilizing cure. For now I am considering buying Amenalief, albeit expensive, and have high hopes for Pritelivir to make it to market within the next 2 years. But I have faith in CRISPR :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Horne
Just now, @lw@ys said:

You are welcome. I see things of this nature as means to make the wait for CRISPR to achieve the holy grail Sterilizing cure. For now I am considering buying Amenalief, albeit expensive, and have high hopes for Pritelivir to make it to market within the next 2 years. But I have faith in CRISPR :)

Have you seen the ‘Donations to Fred Hutch Centre’ link that’s pinned on the cure thread? If not have a read, it’s interesting.

A kind soul offered to buy me some Amenalief and ship it over to me (we can’t even access the website over here, not even with a VPN, God what is it with this country!) but the cost put me off. I hear some people are having great results with it.

I just hope Pritlevir comes to the market soon, it’s about time we had some antivirals that actually work. Look out for data results which are due in late October this year, that should give us an indication then. Fingers crossed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
59 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

Worth a try but it was like pulling teeth trying to get my Doctor to prescribe Valtrex instead of Aciclovir. We always get the cheap, shit drugs for free, the Doctor doesn’t like prescribing the expensive stuff.

Not that either one really helps me, I might as well take bloody tic tacs :joy:

What???  Change your doctor?  I think having an understanding doctor is important.  You don't want to also be tussling with a resistant doctor, that will just add to your stress.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
41 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

 

I just hope Pritlevir comes to the market soon, it’s about time we had some antivirals that actually work. Look out for data results which are due in late October this year, that should give us an indication then. Fingers crossed :)

I am reasonably hopeful of good news about pritelivir soon.  That said, I suspect it will take a few more months to get the results of the trial.  October is the date when all data will have been collected.  But the data needs to be analyzed, reviewed, and presented etc.  That will take a bit of time (I'm guessing around the end of this year before we get the results). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeHerp
1 hour ago, Miss Horne said:

I have Fibromyalgia so could persuade my Doctor to prescribe it if it ever comes to the European market. Excellent find, I never even heard of this until now. 

Thanks :)

What does the experts (in my opinion) @MikeHerp and @Cas9 think of this? 

It sounds interesting.  I need to read more about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LovedAnyway

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2018/05/21/the-pridgen-protocol-for-fibromyalgia-could-it-work-in-migraine-a-report-suggests-yes/

This is an article about his protocol.  I talked with him just last month.  If you read the comments, he even answers some questions for people.  His protocol uses Famvir and Celebrex.  Unfortunately, I can’t use NSAIDS because they are contraindicated with meningitis, which I suffer from frequently.  

Most interesting to me is that he is a surgeon, his mother a virologist, and together they came up with the theory of hsv and fibromyalgia and this treatment.  After studying his patients he found hsv in the stomach of every single one.  So much for hsv only does this and that, and only lives in the ganglia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LovedAnyway

This research is why I started reading and posting about prostaglandins.  Since I can’t take nsaids I was trying to learn about them to see what I might could use instead.  NSAIDs are Cox 2 inhibitors.  Cox 2 inhibitors suppress prostaglandin E2, which is linked to hsv replication.  Some women, including myself, suffer from monthly outbreaks around their period.  Guess what? There is a link to pms symptoms and, yep, high prostaglandin E2. 

By the way, natural means of lower E2 are omega 3 oils and green tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@lw@ys

@LovedAnywayThat's pretty recent info! So looks like anyone reading this thread that the best bet would be to contact the Dr. himself. I will do the same and try to get him in touch with my Dr. For now I am going to finally just purchase Amenalief. I am largely Asymptomatic by way skin OB's but I have neuralgia that I am right about done dealing with. I am going to edit the original post with the contact info for anyone who may overlook it in the comments. If you come across any new info I would definitely love to hear from you. Thank you again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VladimirM
On 2/11/2019 at 7:09 AM, @lw@ys said:

This article is putting pieces of the puzzle together for me. 

IMC-1

 

You should try SADBE..it helped me with my fibromyalgia  symptoms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LovedAnyway
11 hours ago, @lw@ys said:

@LovedAnywayThat's pretty recent info! So looks like anyone reading this thread that the best bet would be to contact the Dr. himself. I will do the same and try to get him in touch with my Dr. For now I am going to finally just purchase Amenalief. I am largely Asymptomatic by way skin OB's but I have neuralgia that I am right about done dealing with. I am going to edit the original post with the contact info for anyone who may overlook it in the comments. If you come across any new info I would definitely love to hear from you. Thank you again!!

You might want to use his personal email address.  That is how I contacted him.  It is drp@innovativemedconcepts.com.  Extremely nice man.  Best of luck to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Donate

    If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,308
    • Total Posts
      475,361
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

    Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

  • Posts

    • Cas9
      @HC-Support-Team
    • K1009
      Hello,    I’m three weeks into my first outbreak, the initial ob lasted a little over a week and was excruciating. It started to calm down and I was just waiting for the red marks it had left to disappear completely when another outbreak occurred. I’m really frustrated that it’s not going anywhere and I was just wondering if this is normal? The leaflet I got did say 2-4 weeks but I was hoping to hear others experiences.    Thank you so much 
    • K1009
      Hello,    I’m going through the same thing (I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago) and I was just wondering if this stopped or if you’re still getting recurrent obs? I’m not sure what to do just feeling really down that it’s not going away.    Thank you for your time
    • K1009
      Hi,  I was very recently diagnosed with HSV-1 (just over two weeks ago) and I have had “two outbreaks” in that time. The initial outbreak happened three weeks ago and lasted about 8/9 days. It was extremely painful and I was very ill, unable to move or work and completely worn down. The blisters mainly disappeared but I still had some blemishes and discomfort so I knew my body was still fighting the virus off however, this then turned straight back into tingling, itching and then blisters again straight away. I don’t know if this is even classed as a recurrence because I never got completely over the first outbreak but I am so disheartened to have had it happen again immediately after the initial outbreak. The silver lining is that the blisters are smaller, fewer and significantly less painful.   In short, I had an outbreak immediately after my first outbreak and I want to know if this is normal to get two lots of blisters in one go?     Thank you so much for your time    K x
    • Healthchoice
      Hi everyone came across this website offering remedy for diabetes solution. https://hop.clickbank.net/?affiliate=Andym35&vendor=bloodsug
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.