World's Largest Herpes Support Group

Sls1983

I’m quite new to this group and this is my first message, I was diagnosed with genital HSV1 in December 2016, after a short split from my wife I made a massive mistake with has effeted me massively, I originally had an a typical outbreak with a lesion under my foreskin witch was not nice at all but since then I’ve never had an outbreak as such but I get constant pain in my penis and around my genitals doctors don’t seem to think it’s herpes that is causing this but can’t seem to give me any answers to what it could be, I just want to be able to work and provide for my family again so I can move on without being in pain every day, I am really struggling with this any help or advice would be great thanks.

Miss Horne
3 minutes ago, Sls1983 said:

I’m quite new to this group and this is my first message, I was diagnosed with genital HSV1 in December 2016, after a short split from my wife I made a massive mistake with has effeted me massively, I originally had an a typical outbreak with a lesion under my foreskin witch was not nice at all but since then I’ve never had an outbreak as such but I get constant pain in my penis and around my genitals doctors don’t seem to think it’s herpes that is causing this but can’t seem to give me any answers to what it could be, I just want to be able to work and provide for my family again so I can move on without being in pain every day, I am really struggling with this any help or advice would be great thanks.

Are you taking any antivirals to help?

Are you on any suppressive treatment?

Sls1983

I started a course 5 days ago but don’t seem to be having much of an effect, from what I have read and heard Hsv 1 in the genital area had suppose to be less servere I can’t understand why I’m having so many problems, sorry for going on I’m just at my wits end at the moment 

Miss Horne
17 minutes ago, Sls1983 said:

I started a course 5 days ago but don’t seem to be having much of an effect, from what I have read and heard Hsv 1 in the genital area had suppose to be less servere I can’t understand why I’m having so many problems, sorry for going on I’m just at my wits end at the moment 

I understand, I’m experiencing the exact same thing ...... except I don’t have a penis! 

I will get in touch with you tomorrow, it’s quite late over here now.

Speak soon :)

Edited by Miss Horne

Sls1983

Thank you so much I will speak with you tomorrow, I think this group will be good for me it’s something I should have done a long time ago :blush:

floydmonk

I have gHSV1 and have been living with similar symptoms for 6 months ever since my diagnosis. 

I think it is neurological. You should look for things that strengthen your nervous system. I tried three rounds of antivirals following my initial infection, and it didn't reduce the pain.

I have heard from others and found myself that Olive Leaf extract seems to tame it a little bit.

I am undecided on immunomodulators like Beta Glucans. They strengthen the immune system, but I'm beginning to think they just get the immune system to irritate the nerves more, however in theory they would help prevent outbreaks.

It's a neurological virus, so that is where the pain comes from absent an outbreak. I have a nerve on the left side which aches almost every day. It has improved over time.

Miss Horne
20 minutes ago, Sls1983 said:

Thank you so much I will speak with you tomorrow, I think this group will be good for me it’s something I should have done a long time ago :blush:

Don’t spend too much time on this forum though, it can depress the shit out of you at times :D

Notthesame

I have the pain inside also.. it's there alot with no ob.. it's shit.. i could deal better if it was outbreak then it went for a while like the docs say. Did u try go to a urologist to get checked.. I'm gonny try that next 

ConfusedinNH

I have ghsv1 and I’m on antivirals and been having pain and issues for almost two months straight now.  It never goes into the next stage of outbreak or healing.  It just always looks and feels like I’ve been stabbed in my vagina a bunch of times.  Everyday I want to jump off a bridge more than the day before.  Doctors lie.  Hsv1 is not easier than HSV2.  I really don’t believe they know much about it

f*ckedOver

This thread is about Vaccines and Research related to such, can you please not post stuff about your symptoms here? There are plenty of threads for that.  It's quite frustrating as well all know to have to deal with nasty virus and people like myself come to this thread for hope and knowledge on medical advances, research, and science. 

Please stop.

Edited by f*ckedOver

VladimirM
6 hours ago, Sls1983 said:

try SADBE.

Sls1983
3 hours ago, f*ckedOver said:

This thread is about Vaccines and Research related to such, can you please not post stuff about your symptoms here? There are plenty of threads for that.  It's quite frustrating as well all know to have to deal with nasty virus and people like myself come to this thread for hope and knowledge on medical advances, research, and science. 

Please stop.

That was not my intention as I said I’m new to this group and didn’t realise whitch category I had put my comment in my bad, I would of been quite easy for you to scroll straight past though I imagine :smirk:

Sls1983
6 hours ago, Notthesame said:

I have the pain inside also.. it's there alot with no ob.. it's shit.. i could deal better if it was outbreak then it went for a while like the docs say. Did u try go to a urologist to get checked.. I'm gonny try that next 

I’m currently waiting for my urology oppointment, fingers crossed