World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MikeHerp

New Article in Mens' Health on Keith Jerome's Herpes Cure Research

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, Tacotime said:

@WilsoInAus

I’m all for it but what if my ability to “choose” is beyond my liertal physical capacities? I had HSV encephalitis and am dealing with multiple progressive crippling sequela. It’s not as simple as you make it out to be.

It was never diagnosed as such, even that was an assumption. 

I thought you had something to contribute, but you don't, just more supposition and guess work.

Why do you do it?

MikeHerp
6 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Let's leave the sensationalist articles aside, which do not carry any real scientific value.

This is a herpes cure discussion group. We will definitely discuss this here you troll.  

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, MikeHerp said:

This is a herpes cure discussion group. We will definitely discuss this here you troll.  

Can you point out in the article where it deals with a cure?

MikeHerp
3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Can you point out in the article where it deals with a cure?

The title of the article and 17 other times.  You sick troll.  

Tacotime
19 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

It was never diagnosed as such, even that was an assumption. 

I thought you had something to contribute, but you don't, just more supposition and guess work.

Why do you do it?

This proves my point. You’re the one making assumptions now.

I was indeed diagnosed- and even if I wasn’t, would it make it any less probable that it wasn’t the case? 

You do realize how much we as patients have skin in the game and are just as likely if not more so than doctors them selves to make potentially more accurate diagnosis through symptoms and research?

Are you not aware of how corrupt and inefective the medical system can be?Millions of people are being diagnosed with mental illness worldwide when in fact thy are suffering from organic inflammatory diseases.

Diagnosis can mean very little vs dedicated intelligent research.

Most doctors, will dismiss it as a simple skin condition. So if I go with that I’ should be happy and healthy yet cutting edge research implicates, Parkinson’s, dementia, cancer etc. sorry to burst your bubble but maybe you need to wake up?

I thought all these things were part of our inquisitive human nature but I guess people would just rather not believe it. (Suppose I can’t totally blame them since there is no cure)

Edited by Tacotime

MikeHerp
Just now, WilsoInAus said:

This article 

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/babies/toddler-tested-positive-for-herpes-simplex-virus-after-being-kissed-by-adult/news-story/2682eebd805f4af096e7fc3aee57934a

This is what I was addressing.

Can you please address the person who posted this to derail the conversation.

My point exactly dude.  As mentioned before, the topic of this thread is gene editing progress towards a cure for herpes simplex virus.  You've added nothing relevant to the discussion.

Like I said before, nobody cares here that you support cancer cure research.  I support it as well.  Great.  

In a cancer cure discussion group, nobody cares that the leading cause of death by far isn't cancer but heart disease or is even going to be remotely interested in discussing heart disease.  

WilsoInAus

@MikeHerp please show some leadership and substance by addressing those who are actually derailing.

Tacotime

At the time it wasn’t but after explaining all my symptoms to a top Nuerologist I waited 3 months to see he said it was likely HSV Meningitis/Encephalitis.

MikeHerp
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@MikeHerp please show some leadership and substance by addressing those who are actually derailing.

That would be primarily you.  

Tacotime

I will be donating to the cure research ASAP. Thank you @MikeHerp

I wish a well intentioned billionaire would take this issue up and donate something.

Your blog site is great by the way Mike

WilsoInAus
3 minutes ago, MikeHerp said:

That would be primarily you.  

Then address the others. 

MikeHerp
1 minute ago, Tacotime said:

I will be donating to the cure research ASAP. Thank you @MikeHerp

I wish a well intentioned billionaire would take this issue up and donate something.

Your blog site is great by the way Mike

Thanks a lot.  This is important research, and I think in the end, it has a solid chance to be successful as mentioned in the article.  I've committed to provide ongoing funding.  Please give what you can. 

WilsoInAus
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Tacotime said:

At the time it wasn’t but after explaining all my symptoms to a top Nuerologist I waited 3 months to see he said it was likely HSV Meningitis/Encephalitis.

But until I challenged you, you didn’t report it that way. You were definitive it was HSV-1. Now as is the truth, is is only ‘likely’ to be HSV related.

And you appreciate even then that HHV 3,4,5,6a,6b,7,8 are far more likely culprits. CMV tops the list.

Mate can you see how that misleads people and it actually weakens arguments for a cure for HSV 1/2.

Your genuineness is very much appreciated and speaks volumes, cheers mate.

Edited by WilsoInAus

GotMeAtLast

Are you really that naive Jay? You are not challenging anything. Instead, all you are doing is pissing people off with your idiocracy.

Once again, crawl back into your footie PJ's and tell your mum you're in the basement you ass from down under.

Miss Horne

Can I suggest that we just ignore his comments from now on?

The more we argue with him the more chance there is of this thread becoming locked, some of us will get warnings etc.

His comments don’t bring anything worthwhile to the discussion and they certainly don’t warrant a response. 

MikeHerp
On 3/1/2019 at 5:48 PM, Miss Horne said:

Can I suggest that we just ignore his comments from now on?

The more we argue with him the more chance there is of this thread becoming locked, some of us will get warnings etc.

His comments don’t bring anything worthwhile to the discussion and they certainly don’t warrant a response. 

Amen.

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

Amen.

Why Amen? As a man of science you should welcome challenge as a way of broadening horizons and getting to answers quicker. 

Or is there only one view allowed?

BioHacker

Gene editing would be a cure if they can get it working right, but it's a long ways off. There are many variables still to be worked out before even testing in humans - unless it's in China or someplace that values science more than "risking harm" to test subjects.

Of course, a "cure" would be 100% elimination of latent virus - something that cannot be proven with current testing technology.  A partial elimination of latent virus would only be a "functional cure" - meaning that the infection still exists, but is reduced or more easily controlled. It would probably still need to be combined with a therapeutic vaccine in that case, to boost control of what remained.

It's likely that vaccines for a "functional cure" already exist - even if they have not been tested in humans yet. That's because progress in cancer vaccines has hinged on triggering CD8+ T Cells and interferon response - exactly the response needed to control HSV (based on the most recent research).  Of course, people could just take the latest cancer vaccine technology and combine it with HSV antigens, but getting something like that into human testing (officially) would be a long ways off. The risk is a lot lower than gene editing though, and the effectiveness would be potentially much greater than earlier generation / rudimentary therapeutic attempts like GEN-003. People have experimented with things of that nature (of course), but there is no guarantee that ingredients that seem safe in cancer studies would be safe when combined with HSV antigens - that's just a risk assessment that people still need to do. It's far safer than gene editing though, at least at this stage, and the effects are more predictable.