World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
walking the thin line

Chicago/Illinois anyone?

walking the thin line

Newly diagnosed and looking for someone nearby. No need to xchange personal info, I just need to know I'm not alone.

outrageous07

I just found this thread.. and no, you're not alone! even though I am in chicago, there's thousands of people in this country with H!

dealingwithit
Newly diagnosed and looking for someone nearby. No need to xchange personal info, I just need to know I'm not alone.

Hi I live in Chicago as well...

ColdSoreBuddy

chicago here

chicago here. just found out today and am freaking out!

dealingwithit
chicago here. just found out today and am freaking out!

Sorry to hear. It can mess with your psyche truly. If you want to talk just let me know, been diagnosed for a while and it is still a difficult topic.

Devastated31guychicago

hi

I was just diagnosed on Friday and I am in Chicago as well. I am very upset about this. Everyone tells me it's not a huge deal but it sure feels like it to me.

xxbeautifulxmistakexx

heyy i am from chicago too!! although i am temporarily out of state for school i will be back soon!! thats my home <3

justgottalaugh87

so this is a couple days late but i'm in chicago as well...

power2mkit

Chi town here. Had to find a forum. Feeling alone and out of my mind. So many thoughts tracing as well as the pains in my body. No sores, flu like symptoms, body aches, sharp stomach pains.. the lies about how I'm feeling. Symptoms also simular to pms with a kick. Four years with the same guy and he decides to bring me, his faithful ass woman who accepted him for who he is. Herpes for life. Thank God its not fatal and if it is please don't tell me. Ok I vented.

jimmyDS

Go Chicago! Except this damned winter so far :p

There's lots of us around here in Chicago, don't feel alone!

snoopy19

hello I am from Chicago as well. From the south suburbs! Your not alone at all. I am 18 years old and have herpers. It's only been one week since I've been on my first outbreak. I would love to talk with people from Chicago or anywhere! We all need support to get eachother through this. Let me know if anyone wants to talk; send a message. Have a good nigh everyone.

walking the thin line

((HUGS)) to everyone who responded.

It's about my 1yr anniversary having this. I truly felt alone for the longest time. If anyone notices, I posted this thread last year '07 and no one responded :( Until recently :))

It's very comforting to know that there are others nearby. It's been a year and I have to admit that it's not the end all of things as I initially thought. I have become more aware of surroundings and things. I take my Lysine and try avoiding unnecessary stress.

snoopy19

same here your not alone. From the burbs of Chicago. There are many people on here who will help u out

moparguy

Hey guys i'm in a burb of chicago too. go cubs! add me to friends if you want to talk.

dealingwithit

yeah they all say it is not a big deal until it comes to being involved in a relationship. I think it can really ruin intimacy and there is such a stigma associated with it. I am trying to figure out a way that I can assist in research to find a cure because I believe there has to be. Anyone have any connections into a health organization like World Health or CDC...just curious...if you ever want to talk about it pls let me know I would love to be able to have someone to really be honest with. right now I have no one

usuallyfunperson

Anyone from Chicago still out there?

angeldust27
Anyone from Chicago still out there?

I am from the chicagoland area as well. I think we all need to stick together for support and friends that understand :)