World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
dukeguy

? about shaving & scar tissue w/oral herpes

dukeguy

I have had oral herpes for several years, usually two outbreaks per year just about my lip, inferior to my nose. 5 weeks ago I had the worst, largest outbreak yet. I still have an obvious red scar tissue. Over the last two weeks I have shaved maybe twice, after the legion healed. But I am worried that if I keep shaving the scar tissue will remain. I don't really like having a goatee. Can I shave over the red scar tissue? If not, how long should I avoid shaving? Any advice would appreciated. Thanks

entropy

I was able to shave with a Braun electric shaver when I had blisters on my face. There was no chance of nicking or cutting myself. Once the outbreak ceased I went back to a conventional razor. I've had no issues with any scarring.

User Name

I certainly don't shave during an outbreak because the lesions develop on my upper lip as well & doing so would disturb the scab. I'm a little worried that the one I got a few weeks ago is still red under the facial hair. I'll shave soon anyway to find out, & sometimes my skin under the facial hair looks red & irritated for no particular reason, but i don't want a scar. i had one a few weeks before that and I was not as careful as usual in the difficult task of keeping the scab on my lip in place, & so that area is also still red.

helied2me

It won't be a quick fix but if you get some Vitamin E capsules and apply it to the spot it should eventually fade. Good luck, be patient.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Iceice69
      I looking to create a support group for hsv in wechat. Anyone interested can pm me 
    • Igor Vasilenko
      In my case, the symptoms of keratitis appeared suddenly, while I was waiting for the bus on a bus stop. I had a feeling like something burst in my left eye. The eye immediately became red, very watery, painful and I couldn't look at the light. There was a hospital nearby, so in half an hour I had an appointment with an ophthalmologist who diagnosed keratitis and gave me a prescription for some eye drops. The instruction for the eye drops mentioned that this medicine was used against keratitis caused  the herpes virus. That's how I found out that my keratitis was a viral one. For the next 15 years I had relapses of the keratitis. I was lucky that the corneal clouding was far enough away from the pupils and didn't affect my vision. Since I started using the garlic solution 18 years ago, I've successfully been preventing any keratitis relapses which sometimes try to come back. In case of viral keratitis there's no discharge from the eyes. If you have some discharge, it may possibly mean that you have a bacterial infection which should be treated with antibiotics. The problem is in finding the right drug for your particular case, the particular antibiotics that can kill the infection in your eyes. Garlic has both anti-viral and antibacterial properties, so you can try this method, it won't do you any harm anyway. Make the garlic solution with water as described in my post above. Apply it to the closed eyelids every hour during the day and every 2 hours during the night. Two days will be enough to see if garlic has any affect in your case, whether it makes their condition any better. Try this and let me know how it goes, write to me at  vasilenko.igor@inbox.ru Kind regards, Igor Vasilenko
    • Constant Diplomat
      Man, I think you need to meet people before you disclose to them. Having said that, I've disclosed via text and that worked for me with my ex girlfriend. We were together almost two years. Gotta get out there and take a few hits, to iron out your approach.
      Shit now I'm worried.   My partner had no symptoms, and never has and does not know status.   Has gone to be tested too.  Recently cleared of other std's but honestly we never discussed HSV.
      Oral was involved too....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.