World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Blue moon

I gave my bf the virus unintentionally

Blue moon

Hi my boyfriend recently tested positive for hsv2. He was completely aware of my status from the beginning. I have never had an outbreak or noticed symptoms. I found out 6 years ago when the person I was with cheated . It came back in my blood work . So no break outs and no medicine.  Anyways my current bf is very upset and doing the blame game even tho I fully disclosed my status to him. I know he is upset and I’m trying to be emotionally supportive but I refuse to take the blame cause he was willing to take the risk. This situation is very hurtful and frustrating and i’m looking for advice on how to handle it all. Has anyone been in my bf shoes that can help shed light on how I can be helpful. ( my ex never disclosed his status to me so I found out by complete surprise whe the person he cheated with told me to get tested) 

Edited by Blue moon

Blue moon

He had a swab done. No blood work. He was having an outbreak unknown to me and went to get tested. Called me afterwards , so I never even knew he was having symptoms. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Vintage7
      Not sure that would be herpes more likely something else.  But in any case don't go... "looking for love in all the wrong places."
    • Vintage7
      Focus and believe your not alone.   Valtrex has been around for over 25 years and there has been nothing more to combat herpes?  Right.  When big pharmecuticles decide to be human again and not powered by greed they will unleash the cure or somebody will find it beforehand.  Life goes on good days and bad days as always.
    • Vintage7
      Hey man been there.   Im almost 50 and I have an awesome family with three kids and a dog.  I got it when I was young but I got through it.  Its alot more of stigma but not so much anymore when 5 out of ten people have it in the U.S.  They could have a cure but they won't until greed is no more also they don't care about a cure since its not life threatening but they dont worry a cure will be available within 10 years.
    • Vintage7
      Its hsv2 and you should be on Valtrex medication.
    • Luc
      Hi there all. I have been with my partner together for over 12years about year ago I had some rush and bumps on my penis, never thought nothing of it just looked like some bite or something it was painful or anything maybe just bit itchy but also at the time I had some rush on my lower legs. It happen on my holiday after I came back to uk I still had it went to see a doctor and after few visits cos they were not sure say what it was they send me to gum. I done blood test and swab test came back positive for hsv 2 a parrently not to sure if that was from blood or swab cos seems to be bit late in the stage to get swab that's what doctor said anyway. I'm just wandering how would I get them really.. I had all going ob from the start for me looks like herpes but not to sure could be something else. All together I may had 3 weeks without bumps or sore. My partner was fine till last week now she got I think whatever I have.. any other infection I could have rather than herpes? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.