World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
katie8

Has anyone tried finding relationships on here?

katie8

After my rape I grew up pretty quickly so even though I am only 19 I am looking to find the one to spend my life with.

It is soo hard meeting someone since I am not the typical 19 year old. I am a cosmetologist who has her own apartment not someone who parties and goes to school.

My question: Everyone I have talked to on here seems so nice and supportive. Have any of you tried finding relationships through this site? I know its not a dating site but a lot of the people on those herpes dating sites seem a little iffy.

Thanks!

ouch

I think a while back there were some folks who got chatty on here and flirted, but most people are on here to LEARN and share experiences. Not really a "hook up" site. That is cheesy and if it became that , I would be gone for good.

people who do get chatty I think just send one another private messages etc.

I know the dating game is a brutal one, and our predicament (having herpes) makes it even tougher....but you just have to keep trying. So long as it is in the appropriate place.

:-)

Good luck to ya!!

Ren

Im inclined to respectfully disagree Ouch. I see what you are saying, but all of the dating sites on this site are crap. I for one, am boycotting herpes dating sites because they are run by herpes free buisnessmen, who make a fortune off of our misfortune. There should be a section on this site for singles trying to find partners. I have been looking for a long time and have not had much luck. Katie, i give you my condolences for being raped, i have had something similar happen to me when i was young. PM me if you would like someone to talk to. Wren

katie8

Ouch-

Im not saying I want this to turn into a dating site because that would be corny. I know thats not what this is for but maybe there could be another section of threads for people looking for relationships. Just an idea... sorry if I offended you

ouch

Oh believe me, it takes much more than this to offend me!!! ;-)

I can see making a section for those who WANT to meet others with herpes and what not. That is something the board operators would have to give a yay or nay on.

What is irritating to me is when there are people posting things to one another in areas on this message board that is CLEARLY more of a pick up type of thing. This is what I would hope this message board would try to avoid.

I mean, sheesh, there are times when many of us let down our hair, joke around, pay compliments, etc. That is all normal. And I think most people on here can tell the difference. And some of us joke and flirt alot. But there were a few people on here a while back (one that stands out in my mind in particular) who I felt were mostly on this message board for the sole purpose of finding fuck-buddies. It was gross and annoying and they WERE posting in inappropriate places. They weren't really here to learn or share. (other than how the loved to bang people without condoms and multiple partners at that.....)

so....talk to the powers that be. I am not trying to put you down for looking for companionship wherever you can; I am just saying do so in the right place if possible.

Cheers!

HC-Support-Team

Finding love on our forum...

I appreciate your concern Ouch, I think there is a time and place for everything.

Our site is here for support and to meet other people in similar situations... this can include looking for romance among many things.

We have introduced new profile fields (such as relationship status and interests) which is aimed at helping our members relate to each other. You are only allowed to see another person's profile if you are a registered member.

Although this is by no means a dating site, I think the forum is an excellent place to meet genuine people from all walks of life and am open to future ideas which help people connect - on whatever level our members would like to.

Hope this helps ;)

Shenda

bristolgal
After my rape I grew up pretty quickly so even though I am only 19 I am looking to find the one to spend my life with.

It is soo hard meeting someone since I am not the typical 19 year old. I am a cosmetologist who has her own apartment not someone who parties and goes to school.

My question: Everyone I have talked to on here seems so nice and supportive. Have any of you tried finding relationships through this site? I know its not a dating site but a lot of the people on those herpes dating sites seem a little iffy.

Thanks!

Hey girl

You are only 19.

I was 20 when I caught hsv 2 through rape.

Believe you me, your life is NOT over!

You may find it awkward right now- I did. But it gets easier, I promise you!

I never felt the need to date people with h- if you do you are ruling out 80% of possible suitors!

And if someone does react badly? There are plenty more fish in the sea ;)

If you need a bit more advice on this feel free to drop me a pm.

katie8

I have had it since I was 10 so I have dealt with rejections and people not caring. The hardest part was over a long time ago. I just want to find someone now. bla bla bla haha

ArizonaLove

I didn't start dating agian until recently, I'm 20 and got it when I was 18. I checked out the dating sites... made a few friends, but nothing really sparked to me. Now this friend I've had for years on the other hand... theres a spark... He doesn't know yet but I do plan to tell him shortly... as soon as I get the guts to do it, lol. I posted the other day kinda simular...a debate between two guys, and i think it was "catiesmom" who gave me really good advice.

Would you date someone because they have the same color hair as you??? Just because you got HSV doesn't mean you need to limit yourself to a certain group of people. Yea there are obstacles out there, but what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger, and when you get knocked down you just get up again. If you feel like the guys your age aren't matching up with you, try dating a guy a year or two older. Its amazing what a year does on the mature radar. Keep your hopes up, things will turn up when your least expecting them.