World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• MikeHerp
      Recruitment Status  : Not yet recruiting   Not sure when this study will really start.  Hope it does though.  
    • MikeHerp
      I'd keep in mind the fact that AAVs produce an immune response.  So if you get this DIY thing, it may later be more difficult to benefit from the actual cure.  Dr. Jerome at FHC confirmed that, if you have been exposed to AAV, making it work on you again may require immune suppressants, etc.  FHC is using AAVs as well.  
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @lar26 - well @Surfersparadise didn't read what you or I wrote. The situation is well beyond whether disclosure is an issue so it is not relevant in this context. It is a bit rich I have to say in receiving a lecture from someone with herpes who has not disclosed themselves for the bulk of their life. This is about making a rational decision on the basis of facts of the risks and what it means in a whole of life context. The odds are not an issue for the true decision your partner needs to make. If your partner cannot accept you as a person with HSV-1 orally, then sadly they can't and they are hence not the person for you. Unless someone is prepared to accept you for all that you are completely, then they are not partner material. You do not need to accept any compromise.
    • lar26
      @WilsoInAus thoughts on @Surfersparadise? I read up on an article that said risk of transmission while on antivirals is 1%. Combined with lysine, I haven't had an outbreak in forever.
    • Leonardo Marques
      https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.04.075036v1.full
Sign in to follow this  
K.Rowe

Please Help

K.Rowe

I’ve not been diagnosed but I’ve had symptoms of hsv2, I know a few people who also have it. I have recently had a baby and On and off have been getting sore, red patches that sting, I put it down to repeated thrush. my LO is 4 months now but at 1 week old she got a bumpy rash and discharge in her nappy area the doctor said it was a fungal infection and she’s had nappy rash on and off since but today I changed her nappy and she has a isolated red patch which looks like very tiny dot blisters and I am positive it is herpes. Before this I was driving myself insane I went to the doctors several times and she just said I was being dramatic and gave me antidepressants, they have helped with my anxiety but now this looks like herpes I’ve done so much research and it says the chance is so low without a physical outbreak at birth. The doctor said my LO would have been I’ll if she had contracted the virus, I feel so guilty and I discussed it with my partner as last year before I was pregnant he had a blister but he put it down to friction burn from excessive foreplay. I really don’t know what to do I’m dreading the next nappy change please help