World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kna1519

27 wks, reoccurring outbreaks, & worried

kna1519

Hey guys, new here as of today. I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve been having more days with outbreaks (single lesion, same spot) than not. I’m praying for a vaginal delivery but obviously want to do what’s best for My Baby but the thoughts of not being able to bring baby into the world vaginally wrecks me...  At 20 weeks I was diagnosed with HSV2 after requesting testing because I had known for probably 3 years but was too ashamed and was in denial to go to a dr :( and get the actual diagnosis but wanted to take all precautions for my baby... Anyway, the DR put me on Valacyclovir 3x a day for 7 days and then 2x a day. I noticed absolutely no change. :( It was like that one lesion would heal for 2 days and then come back for a week. Today I asked her to switch medications and she told me to just keep taking the Valacyclovir for suppression. I guess my question(s) are #1) how long did it take some of you to see suppression?  2) How many of you had to have a c-section because of active lesions and 3) did anyone’s dr miss a lesion during delivery and was your baby ok? I’m so torn because I don’t want my family to know and what am I suppose to tell them in the event of a c-section when they’ll all be there at the time? 😭

Thank you for any and all comments in advance. I’m so hoping I can find some peace of mind within this forum. 

PS: Recently I found that Tree Tea Oil keeps the lesion away longer than the medication did and the dr gave me the ok to continue. Anyone else?

Tired of waiting
Posted (edited)

I have have about the same results as you, Valacyclovir is totally worthless!  For me it seemed  to delay, the virus's course of events.  I have tried it on and off at various dosage levels. 

10 years ago I tried it for a ten days treatment ( as you have described above) at the start of a prodrom (tingling, itching) slight redness and swelling. All Valacyclovir did was prolong the prodrom stage, once I was out of the prescription, the virus proceeded to a full blown outbreak with blisters.  I did this two or three times before I gave up on Valacyclovir .  Funny thing is I have not had any outbreaks to speak up in the intervening years, my immune system keeps it pretty much in check.  That is until this past January. I started to have a prodrom, and as luck would have wanted to start a relationship.  So, this time got a prescription for longer period suppressive therapy and after about 35 day of taking Valcyclovir, all I have managed to do is prolong the Prodrom phase and miss-out on a relationship. This stuff is just junk!

Back to you question, the decision to have C-section is between you and your Dr. Is your need to have a natural birth greater than the health of your child? No further explanation is needed for your family as to which course you and Dr. decide on. 

Best of luck.

Edited by Tired of waiting

kna1519

Thank You for replying, Tired of Waiting. I’m so sorry you’ve found that the medication doesn’t work for you either. I know it’s so frustrating. Hopefully you will find something that works for you soon! ❤️ I was hoping maybe 1 month just wasn’t long enough and maybe longer would be better... The outbreaks aren’t bad. Like I said, one single tiny  lesion (almost like a paper cut) and it only burns when I wipe but I just need it to go away until delivery at least. 😭

The need for a vaginal birth is definitely not greater than the health of Our Baby and mentally I’m preparing for a c-section but I don’t want to focus on it so much that I manifest it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Thank you again so much for replying! 

optimistic251985

Hi,

KNA1519, what your Gynae is suggesting on this for a vaginal or c-sction delivery ?

kna1519

Optimistic251985, 

She’s giving me the medication for suppression in hopes for a vaginal delivery on my behalf but basically said yesterday a c-section wasn’t the end of the world. And it’s not. If that’s the only way we can get Baby here healthily then that’s just what we will do! I just have really high hopes for a vaginal delivery is all... I guess I’m just hoping to find something that will work before then! 

optimistic251985

I wish both of us have a healthy baby.

Quest

Have your thyroid checked and Reverse T3. Also DHEA levels are very low in people who have breakouts. 

Many vitamins and minerals have to be in place in order for the thyroid to work correctly and they mirror all of the vitamins that help immunity.

Is there a chance that your body is too acid? One lady drank lemon or lime water and that was the key to stopping her breakouts. Steve Fowkes wrote that if anyone had multiple breakouts back to back, he always checked for thyroid issues.