World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lulupazoola

Liposomal Vitamin C

Lulupazoola

I have been taking up to 14 g ascorbic acid per day with pretty good control of BO's.  I just bought a bottle of liposomal vitamin C which supposedly slows the release into your body, making it more bioavailable and therefore u should theoretically be able to take fewer of them to achieve the same result.  Does anyone have experience with this type of Vitamin C, and if so, how did u calculate your dose with it?

Quest

I have taken it and liposomal can be made at home on you tube they show how.

Mostly what it will do for you it's allow you to take a lot more vitamin C without worrying about your bowels!

Lulupazoola

Ok, have had so much trouble functioning in the forum since it has been back up.  Thank u Quest.  U speak in the past tense on your use of LVC.  U no longer use it?  I will check utube out about making it, as it would be very pricey to take in high doses otherwise.

viralfrog

Hey does anyone know how to dilute/mix Ascorbic acid to drink it more easily? I can handle the taste, but the acidity is so bad I feel I will destroy my teeth if I keep drinking it this way. Is there any alkaline substance/juice that it could be mixed with to reduce the PH level? 

Quest
3 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Hey does anyone know how to dilute/mix Ascorbic acid to drink it more easily? I can handle the taste, but the acidity is so bad I feel I will destroy my teeth if I keep drinking it this way. Is there any alkaline substance/juice that it could be mixed with to reduce the PH level? 

If you make some liposomal vitamin C you will not have that problem because it will be encapsulated in a lipid. If you do not want to go that route then I suggest putting a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth before ingesting it and make sure you coat your teeth. Then ingest it and rinse your mouth. You should wait two hours before you brush your teeth after any acid has been on your teeth just rinse your mouth out.

Lulupazoola
On 4/10/2019 at 2:15 AM, Quest said:

I have taken it and liposomal can be made at home on you tube they show how.

Mostly what it will do for you it's allow you to take a lot more vitamin C without worrying about your bowels!

Can u share your experiences with home made liposomal C?  Since u spoke in the past tense, was it not working for you?  I have spent many hours today watching people making it on Utube, reading text recipes for it, reading what Dr Levy has to say about it (that home made is not really liposomes and u should buy it from the company he is a consultant for).  Some recipes use a couple tablespoons of vodka, but many do not.  One person uses camu camu and acerola, which are very high C content whole foods, rather that ascorbic acid, which was interesting.  Will it actually work to encapsulate a whole food?  Anyway, i would like to know whether the lipo C worked for you.  Thanks.

Quest

I took some when I was giving large doses to my ill brother. I stopped taking it when I was trying to get the least amount of protocol to stop HSV.  I take more when I start to feel a cold coming on.  I take the acerola powder then add more liposomal vitamin C when someone is ill around me. If you look on this page you will find that this powder is frequently bought with sunflower lecithin to make the liposomal vitamin C. I think what I would have to do in order to give it a good try is to drop all of my other protocol and then rely on the vitamin C alone. The reason why I started doing it to begin with was because my brother was sick but then I read a lot of different posts on the success of vitamin C directly in here in the Forum and was impressed. Let me get you the video that I used to make mine and I used a small jewelry cleaner box.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitamins-Powder-1-Mr-Ros-100/dp/B00OF9NL8K/ref=sr_1_8?crid=867Y1M1AXMYE&keywords=acerola+cherry+vitamin+c&qid=1555052674&s=gateway&sprefix=Aceerola+c%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-8

The video that I used to make mine is not on here anymore but this one is good enough! He is saying he is doing it this way because he has a 93% absorption rate rather than a 20% absorption rate which I was really not aware of.

Lulupazoola

Thank u for the video.  I didnt see that one.  I have ordered an ultrasonic cleaner and some camu camu, which is another cherry with high vitamin C.  I think i read it was higher than acerola, and it was definitely cheaper.  I have been taking ascorbic acid.  Liposomal seems like a much healthier way to take it.  Vitamin C is the only thing ive tried, other than amenalief, that will stop me from having constant BO's.  Ive only had one BO since i started with it.  I am not taking anything else, but i do keep to a clean diet and avoid food triggers.   So i hope to shift from the ascorbic acid over to the liposomal vitamin C without getting a BO.  Hopefully, that will happen!  Thank u again.  It is a good video.

Quest

Go ahead and use the alcohol with it because he said that it helps dissolve the vitamin C better so it can be encapsulated. I saw that in another video

viralfrog

@Quest Just did a bit of googling on liposomal vitamin C and certainly looks interesting. Only thing that put me off is reading that it goes bad in 2-3 days.. I really would prefer something that I can make once and keep for at least a month without having to turn my kitchen into a lab twice a week ;) I wonder if this is just the nature of liposomal vitamin C, or if it's possible to produce it into a dry form that lasts longer? 

Lulupazoola

I bought some by LivOn Labs that r a gooey liquid that comes in packets.  And some that r in gel caps.  So i dont know about dry.  But i might try freezing extra in covered ice cube trays and see how it works.  If it doesnt do its job, i would know soon enough.

Cas9
Posted (edited)

If you folks want vitamin C in your diet, why not get it from food? What am I missing here?

Edited by Cas9

Lulupazoola

I get a lot of vitamin C in food.  I eat a thick smoothie every night that has many different fruits in it and a few veggies.  This does not stop my BO's.  I have to take a lot of extra vitamin C to get them to stop.

Lulupazoola

But i am still experimenting.  I started with ascorbic acid and am still taking some, but i have bought some camu camu powder which is a food, just havent had the chance to try it yet.

viralfrog
7 hours ago, Cas9 said:

If you folks want vitamin C in your diet, why not get it from food? What am I missing here?

There are some theories/user experiences that a very high dose (like 12-15g per day) of vitamin C can reduce herpes outbreaks. You would need to eat over 100 fruit per day to get such quantities from food. 

Cas9
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, viralfrog said:

There are some theories/user experiences that a very high dose (like 12-15g per day) of vitamin C can reduce herpes outbreaks. You would need to eat over 100 fruit per day to get such quantities from food. 

I encourage you to read this article
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/side-effects-of-too-much-vitamin-c#section3

And why do you think that such an extremely high dose of vitamin C would reduce OBs? In other words, what specifically would this high dosage actually do to reduce OBs? Would the vitamin kill some of the virus as it emerges from the neuron? No!
Or how about improving your immune system? Maybe that might explain why vitamin C is supposedly good for herpes OBs. If that's the case, do you think that supplementing with this high dosage is really going to make your immune system any stronger than it would be if you simply ate a good diet that included the daily requirement of vitamin C (or perhaps a little beyond the daily requirement)?

Remember, excess vitamin C is simply discarded by the body during urination, as explained in the article.

I would encourage you to get your vitamin C from WHOLE fruits and vegetables. And make sure you measure them.

Edited by Cas9

Quest

High dose vitamin C will eradicate any virus in the early stages! Viruses that have remained for years will just go dormant.  The body will use the vitamin C unless the body doesn't need it. If you want to do an experiment next time you get a cold take one gram of vitamin C every hour to bowel tolerance. It is remarkable how much vitamin C your body will utilize, but if you are not sick you will not be able to take that much vitamin C unless it's lipisomal vitamin C.

PubMed search vit c HSV

https://www.google.com/search?client=tablet-android-acer&ei=9Ya3XIDgNMmwtgXrkKjYAQ&q=pubmed+vitamin+c+for+viruses+hsv&oq=PubMed+vitamin+C+for+viruses+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.35i39j33i22i29i30l2j33i299.77294.77938..86367...0.0..0.219.477.0j2j1......0....1.........0i71j33i160.wkiDr-otAqQ

Cas9

@Quest

No Quest, high doses of vitamin C do not eradicate any virus in its early stages.

Lulupazoola

I do not pretend to know the science.  I only know it works for me, and without it my choices r taking unaffordable Amenalief or living a life with back to back breakouts, which, for me, is a life with no quality at all.  I dont worry much about possible side effects of high dose vitamin C, as the drugs prescribed for herpes and lots of other conditions are not without their risks as well.  I have been taking it since 1/5.  Between then and now, i also took amenalief for 2 weeks, so that cant be counted.  I had 1 BO when i stopped taking vitamin C for a few days--then quickly went back on it.  I had another one triggered by "overdoing it", which can be working too much, walking too far etc.  Otherwise, i have been well, for which i am deeply grateful.  I have been taking some liposomal vitamin C for about a week, in addition to ascorbic acid.  I went for a 4 mile walk on Monday and no BO so far.  So thats my story.

Quest
7 hours ago, Cas9 said:

@Quest

No Quest, high doses of vitamin C do not eradicate any virus in its early stages.

Dr. Levy said it would eradicate a virus in its early stages and I believe him. When you are running fever it hasn't had time to hide and fool the immune system. We are talking 50 grams 2x a day. I think this is a fine example.

Cas9

@Quest

I know you believe him. That doesn't mean it's true. I'll bet there are lots of highly educated medical professionals and researches that don't agree with him (i.e. that it ERADICATES the virus). In any event, if vitamin C helps in the early stages it could be by strengthening the immune system, which in turn helps to stop the virus.

Lulupazoola

I withdraw my recommendation of qualityliposomalc.com.  I learned some good things from reading it, but his process is obsessive and therefore pretty unworkable.

Edited by Lulupazoola
Withdraw recommendation.