Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lakisha

Constant shedding

Recommended Posts

Lakisha

I feel like im constantly shedding the virus. Theres not 1 week where I don't have some kind of symptoms (tingling, skin hurting or something). I take valacyclovir once a day and I've been taking it for 3 years. How the hell am i suppose to not transmit the virus if i always feel like I'm contagious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

Hey there @Lakisha 

In the end, regardless of what you are feeling, you will only be shedding a contagious amount of the virus on rare occasions over s year and this will be lowered by the antivirals.

What herpes type do you have and where are the symptoms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
On 4/9/2019 at 6:55 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Hey there @Lakisha 

In the end, regardless of what you are feeling, you will only be shedding a contagious amount of the virus on rare occasions over s year and this will be lowered by the antivirals.

What herpes type do you have and where are the symptoms?

I have both type 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aries86

Don’t worry too much about it. As WilsolnAus has already said, the amount of virus which you shed will be significantly lowered by the antivirals and you’re not likely to transmit it all the time. I have type 2 and take Aciclovir twice daily. Have done so for the past 2 years. Sometimes I do feel like you do but often times I’m normal. I have a normal sex life and have not transmitted the virus to my current partner.  Been together 9 months. We use condoms most of the time but have had a couple of times that we have not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest

You need to have DHEA level and thyroid checked. 

If I don't take my thyroid meds I will break out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
14 hours ago, Quest said:

You need to have DHEA level and thyroid checked. 

If I don't take my thyroid meds I will break out!

My thyroid is fine. I've got it checked twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest

What were your numbers? Which tests were done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2019 at 4:18 AM, Quest said:

What were your numbers? Which tests were done?

Numbers for what? My thyroids hormones are fine. They are in the normal value range. For my hsv antibodies? They were both pretty high.

Edited by Lakisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest

Make sure you get a full panel

I would check on stop the thyroid madness. And get all of the numbers broke down. Many people have normal TSH and still have thyroid issues. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
On 4/10/2019 at 5:55 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Hey there @Lakisha 

In the end, regardless of what you are feeling, you will only be shedding a contagious amount of the virus on rare occasions over s year and this will be lowered by the antivirals.

What herpes type do you have and where are the symptoms?

Would this statement be only true for someone who has outbreaks on rare occasions? As far as I know, someone with frequent outbreaks would be also shedding the virus as frequently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
7 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Would this statement be only true for someone who has outbreaks on rare occasions? As far as I know, someone with frequent outbreaks would be also shedding the virus as frequently. 

The statement is true. Studies show that regardless of how many outbreaks a person has, the number of shedding days in a year with no outbreak present is similar. People with a lot of outbreaks are technically shedding more but these result in the observable outbreak days in addition to the shedding but no outbreak days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2019 at 4:36 AM, Quest said:

Make sure you get a full panel

I would check on stop the thyroid madness. And get all of the numbers broke down. Many people have normal TSH and still have thyroid issues. 

 

My thyroid is fine. 

Edited by Lakisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, WilsoInAus said:

The statement is true. Studies show that regardless of how many outbreaks a person has, the number of shedding days in a year with no outbreak present is similar. People with a lot of outbreaks are technically shedding more but these result in the observable outbreak days in addition to the shedding but no outbreak days.

I hope this is true. Everybody seems to say that you can't be trusted on this site. So not sure if i should be listening to anything you say.

Edited by Lakisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Lakisha said:

I hope this is true. Everybody seems to say that you can't be trusted on this site. So not sure if i should be listening to anything you say.

You have to decide your own truth. All my comments are based fully on research by experienced practitioners in the HSV field. 

If I have ever been wrong In any of my posts I’ll gladly be corrected. Only the fakes and the deluded are critical of me when I call them to account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
7 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

You have to decide your own truth. All my comments are based fully on research by experienced practitioners in the HSV field. 

If I have ever been wrong In any of my posts I’ll gladly be corrected. Only the fakes and the deluded are critical of me when I call them to account.

"Experience practicioners" is not enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
10 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

You have to decide your own truth. All my comments are based fully on research by experienced practitioners in the HSV field. 

If I have ever been wrong In any of my posts I’ll gladly be corrected. Only the fakes and the deluded are critical of me when I call them to account.

That last paragraph makes you sound like Donald Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, Lakisha said:

"Experience practicioners" is not enough 

What do you mean? It is all we have.

Take this paper whose authors include Warren, Corey and Wald: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144252/

Note the conclusion:

Persons with asymptomatic HSV-2 infection shed virus in the genital tract less frequently than persons with symptomatic infection, but much of the difference is attributable to less frequent genital lesions, as lesions are accompanied by frequent viral shedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

What do you mean? It is all we have.

Take this paper whose authors include Warren, Corey and Wald: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144252/

Note the conclusion:

Persons with asymptomatic HSV-2 infection shed virus in the genital tract less frequently than persons with symptomatic infection, but much of the difference is attributable to less frequent genital lesions, as lesions are accompanied by frequent viral shedding.

I don't trust doctors whatsoever. They don't really know anything about this virus. My ex has been misdiagnosed for a fungal infection when it was herpes. My gyno who keeps telling me its nothing and get over it without giving me real advice. Nurses and doctors who gives false information to the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
32 minutes ago, Lakisha said:

I don't trust doctors whatsoever. They don't really know anything about this virus. My ex has been misdiagnosed for a fungal infection when it was herpes. My gyno who keeps telling me its nothing and get over it without giving me real advice. Nurses and doctors who gives false information to the world. 

Many doctors have told me conflicting information about HSV, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
49 minutes ago, Lakisha said:

I don't trust doctors whatsoever. They don't really know anything about this virus. My ex has been misdiagnosed for a fungal infection when it was herpes. My gyno who keeps telling me its nothing and get over it without giving me real advice. Nurses and doctors who gives false information to the world. 

That's why this website exists, to cut through the misunderstanding and provide consistent, reliable advice assembled from people we know are genuine and have all the right information.

The people who wrote the paper are what you describe as 'doctors', they are specialists and university professors with an aim of researching the facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmherped
On 4/21/2019 at 12:35 AM, Lakisha said:

I hope this is true. Everybody seems to say that you can't be trusted on this site. So not sure if i should be listening to anything you say.

He spews a lot of garbage, best to ignore him.  Look, if you are feeling sick you are probably contagious, it is common sense.  As Quest says, boosting your thyroid helps.  It is probably in normal range, but perhaps lower than where you were preinfection.  I use ashwaghanda and methylene blue to boost my T.  Looking to get some low dose t3 as well.  T3 suppresses herpes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, jmherped said:

He spews a lot of garbage, best to ignore him.  Look, if you are feeling sick you are probably contagious, it is common sense.  As Quest says, boosting your thyroid helps.  It is probably in normal range, but perhaps lower than where you were preinfection.  I use ashwaghanda and methylene blue to boost my T.  Looking to get some low dose t3 as well.  T3 suppresses herpes.  

Now this is a load of garbage, people deserve better. I mean it is not as though you actually have herpes, right?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
5 hours ago, jmherped said:

He spews a lot of garbage, best to ignore him.  Look, if you are feeling sick you are probably contagious, it is common sense.  As Quest says, boosting your thyroid helps.  It is probably in normal range, but perhaps lower than where you were preinfection.  I use ashwaghanda and methylene blue to boost my T.  Looking to get some low dose t3 as well.  T3 suppresses herpes.  

I don't understand this fixation on my thyroid! The levels are fine! I have a hard time controlling the virus because of lack of sleep, stress and constant worrying. Not because of my thyroid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clunk 2.0

I’ve had herpes for almost 4 years. I was diagnosed by a swab of an active lesion. My blood work came back negative (I retested my blood work 28 days later and surprise surprise.... HSV II antibodies detected. 

I’m no doctor but from what doctors have told me... I don’t think anyone knows anything about this crappy virus. It’s simply a hit and miss. I’ve had no outbreaks for almost 3 years. How the hell am I to know if I’m “shedding” and could pass on the virus?

Considering I had one doctor tell me HSV can only be passed on if you have active lesions and that shedding is when the lesions burst and the puss/goo touches another’s skin.... really? *rolls eyes*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lakisha
1 hour ago, Clunk 2.0 said:

I’ve had herpes for almost 4 years. I was diagnosed by a swab of an active lesion. My blood work came back negative (I retested my blood work 28 days later and surprise surprise.... HSV II antibodies detected. 

I’m no doctor but from what doctors have told me... I don’t think anyone knows anything about this crappy virus. It’s simply a hit and miss. I’ve had no outbreaks for almost 3 years. How the hell am I to know if I’m “shedding” and could pass on the virus?

Considering I had one doctor tell me HSV can only be passed on if you have active lesions and that shedding is when the lesions burst and the puss/goo touches another’s skin.... really? *rolls eyes*

Exactly, i don't trust them. Atleast you don't have to worry about ob's that much and if you don't really have any youre not suppose to shed as much. But then again is this really true? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,950
    • Total Posts
      472,310
  • Posts

    • sadangel22
      For those of you with GHSV 1 or 2 how did you know you were having a second outbreak? I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 a month ago and have had no symptoms till now. For the past two days I've been super itchy but there are no bumps/ulcers like last time. I read somewhere that some people experience periodic itchiness and no other symptoms so I'm wondering, is this super common and is what is happening to me? Or do I need to prepare myself that this is most likely a second outbreak in it's initial stages? 
    • hunger4more
      We havent cured things not because we can't its because profits are a bigger priority. Trust me when I say I know it sounds like conspiracy talk but look at where and what they throw money at.... sickness is lucrative. So is death (War) The military budget is criminal to say the least, as is Nasa's budget That's just simple math, then look at all the obscene hurdles set in place to help deter anyone from going the distance. They only cry ethics when it comes to anything that could potentially benefit the greater good.
    • WilsoInAus
      I think it is very important for you to find out whether you carry HSV-1 or not. If you do, then any concerns you may have about HSV-1 are negligible. Many people carry an oral HSV-1, like your partner. This will be the only region of her body infected, that is the mouth in a practical sense. No contact with the mouth means no chance of infection for you. Hence there are zero issues with vaginal sex and you giving her oral. Kissing and you receiving oral sex are the feasible transmission possibilities. Perhaps the second is of minor concern, but your choice. If you decide you're never going to kiss a girl because she has HSV-1 orally then that will be your loss. Most girls have HSV-1 and all the cute ones!
    • WilsoInAus
      I disagree, we have made a significant contribution to keeping it on track and ensuring the OP has the correct information to cogitate upon. Let's keep the good work up!
    • Quest
      Why don't you care that we screwed up this thread. Whenever you scream hijacking a thread you are the one usually doing it! Aries, that book will show you how to raise your energy levels!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.