Recently had my first big outbreak (I had a scare of what I thought could have been one last month but even though I got swabbed asap tested it came back negative). After about a week into the outbreak on my genitals I then had an oral outbreak (never had a cold sore before at least to my awareness). While I am on antivirals (taken the day the cold sore showed and the genitals have started clearing this oral one just seems to be getting worse. The nurse said it was likely HSV-2 but I am still waiting for my results. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to cope with this oral outbreak? I am currently staying at my boyfriends' house and am worried it will travel from inner lip/mouth to be more visible, the idea of his parents seeing it fills me with dread.

Also, any good websites/blogs/youtubers to follow to give me a little more hope to this all. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• BookMonster
      By BookMonster
      Hello, I found this website when trying to figure out if a rash I have is herpes or not.
      The reason herpes came to mind is that my boyfriend got "diagnosed" with genital herpes last summer. The reason I put it in quotation marks is that there was no swab taken. He described a mild rash to a nurse who ensured him it was herpes, and didn't even want to take a look at his genitals. He convinced her to look and she took a quick glance and said again that it was "hsv type 2." So just a very unprofessional response, based on little evidence. She gave him a short course of antiviral and that rash quickly disappeared for him and he has never had another outbreak.

I found that I had a rash on my mons pubis early yesterday. I wanted to ask here for your opinion because this board seems very friendly and ready to help. And I'm calling my GP tomorrow to try and get an appointment but because of Corona they have been more busy than usual, so I'm worried I might not get an appointment while I have the rash. 

I'm 26 and this would be my first herpes outbreak if this is herpes. I've never had symptomatic cold sores that I know of. At first I thought it definitely herpes, because of my boyfriend's "diagnosis" but after looking through photos and reading more about herpes I became more unsure. During a shower I cut my pubic hair to see the rash better. It was all red and spread over the area pictured.  It was sore and burning before the shower and after, but I had been scratching before, and cutting the hair during the shower. and But then in the late evening it had "scaled" over and looked quite frankly like seborrheic dermatitis, with no itching. I have dealt with that condition in my scalp and face for a couple of years but had never experienced in my genital area. In my scalp and face it often itches a lot if I have not showered for a couple of days (i have clinical depression) and then burns after the shower. 

Here is a picture of the rash with "scales" on my mons pubis. This is probably around an inch in length. This picture is taken about 24 hours after I noticed the rash. Then it was much redder and burning. 

Picture of several stages of seborrheic dermatitis from the internet. It can be quite painful.

I really, really want to hear the opinion of you the knowledgeable people of Honeycomb, just in case I won't be able to see a doctor while I have the rash. 
    • name12
      By name12
      hello,
      i was here in june with what I thought was maybe an oral ob.  At that point it had been post exposure by 4 months and i ended up testing neg 1&2 igg.  i just tested again and was neg for both, no new contact. 
      Monday night my nose all of a sudden became EXTREMELY itchy in just one nostril.  the next morning and day all of these white bumps popped up all over it.  I put abreva all in my nose.  this morning i woke up and it was irritated but all the white bumps were gone.  I calmed down but then i just looked and it looks like there's little erosions inside my nose now.  The dr refuses to swab.  Does this look like herpes?  I'm attaching pics of my nose with the blisters and with the erosions, I circled the erosions.  Also including a pic of my lip from june for reference. 

Sorry for the image quality of my nose, one is scarily detailed and the one of the bumps is very blurry.  hard to get a good nostril shot as it turns out
      maybe i have a false neg hsv1 test result?
      Feeling so defeated it is frustrating to not know what is going on and i feel humiliated by the drs who think i am being crazy for suggesting herpes.

• whereismyanswer
      By whereismyanswer
      Hello there. I'm a 24F, who has  had HSV 1 for 3 and a half years now. I got my first cold sore December of 2016 out of no where when I was 21. I was in school and working at a job that had me very stressed at all time. I came home one day and saw the bumps. Initially, I'd never thought anything of it as my dad always had them when I was growing up. Of course, you go on Google and after about 20 minutes of searching, you are absolutely devastated and disgusted with yourself.
      The first year after my 1st outbreak, I'd occasionally experience some shedding, but didn't get another breakout until the following year. Since that outbreak, I've pretty much steadily had cold sores every month for the last 2 and a half years. I was told birth control would help, because I was noticing outbreaks begin about a week before my cycle. Didn't change anything though.
      Earlier this year, I finally decided it was time to start suppressive therapy, given the fact that I had no success with natural remedies or hormone leveling using the birth control. I've seen no changes in the frequency of my cold sores since starting 1GM of Valcyclovior. It's been about 3 months, and I met with my doctor today to discuss the issue. She basically told me there was nothing she could do and to see a dermatologist. She also gave me the list of vitamins I already to take to try to include with my daily antiviral. I feel completely defeated. I don't know what to do now or if there is any hope. It hurts me so much because I'm so young and nothing has gotten better. Also, I don't think a dermatologist is the answer. Has anyone else experienced this?
    • LadyInPink
      By LadyInPink
      Does anyone have any advice about applying makeup and removing makeup if you have oral herpes? I'm finding it very difficult to not be wasteful with things like face powder, makeup brushes, tooth brushes and toothpastes, acne medications and moisturizers, and other items like that. I have a terrible fear of possibly spreading something all over my face, so any advice is appreciated. Thank you
    • Is this it
      By Is this it
      Hey everyone 

I had dry lips which then turned to a black spot you could say pic attached. It was there for a few days painless but was quite hard. 
      I put some oregano herbs on it as it was getting darker and peeling hard skin and it started to react and get watery I guess you could say. 

It now looks like this 2 days after applying the herb! The pharmacy said it’s not a cold sore and just reacted to what I put on it On top of a blocked gland or something 
      any ideas?? Please 

• Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.