World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jd12

question about HSV-2

jd12

i had a question about weather you could get HSV-2 on your genitals from performing oral sex on your partner (female) that had no signs of it.

MsLucy

Performing oral sex on your partner would not cause you to contract genital herpes. Herpes is passed by skin to skin contact, so oral sex could possibly spread it to your face, but not your genitals, unless there was genital to genital contact involved at some point.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Cas9
      Here's the link again https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30551986/ Bula, always include the http:// in URLs that you post so that we can just click on them instead of having to copy and past to the URL field.
    • JHenry
      I could not get the copy/paste function to work using my iPad.  First time that has happened. Oh welllllll.......
    • BulaHope
      Any views on this update on the trivalent vaccine candidate? Appears to show some promise including some effect therapeutically though not sure how much. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30551986  
    • Tone123
      I was exposed as condom broke and after feeling funny I got us tested and she sure had hsv2 antibodies was like 15.5. I never got flu like symptoms. Just this mild burning sensation 
    • Tone123
      Thanks and yes I've been careful with towels and I take precaution as if I do have it. The thing is I don't have half the symptoms and maybe hsv1 is helping 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.