World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mimi.b

New, feeling lost

Mimi.b

I'm 25, diagnosed a month and a half ago, still have bumps. Just went to the doctor yesterday and she said she didn't see anything but I checked today and there's bumps.

I've been in constant pain I can't wear pants (I hate skirts) I don't feel like myself and I never liked sex in the first place I just wanted to feel normal. I'm pushing away all my friends.

I don't know if they're gonna go away, I don't know if Im never gonna be able to have sex again, my boyfriend's understanding but I don't know if this is the type of relationship he'll be happy with in the long run. I can't remember the last time I spent a week without getting high or wasted and I just want my life back. Didn't mean for this to be so depressing but I don't really know where to release it. These forums have been a lifesaver to me

Evaluate

Welcome to HC, @Mimi.b.  Glad you found us given the circumstances.

First, it's important to have a diagnosis to rule out anything else.  Having now visible symptoms, have you thought about going back to see the doctor?  Better yet, do you have an STI/STD clinic nearby that may have more focused doctors?  They can also get you rolling on some medications that may help alleviate your symptoms.

As for the emotional part, you're not alone in feeling like crap at the beginning.  Lots of emotions can be felt and it's hard to know what to do.  That being said filling up on drugs/booze might make your symptoms worse.  Do you have access to counselling near you or someone you can confide in?

Mimi.b

Thanks for replying @Evaluate

I was diagnosed around my first ob, I'm not sure why she didn't see them yesterday though . She gave me some medication for future outbreaks and I have an appointment next week... I didn't know there were sti focused clinics though i can try searching for some.

I'm seeing a therapist right now and trying to stay positive Im just so drained from all the doctor visits and not understanding anything. When they called me they said my levels were low or something? I assumed that meant few breakouts but I just don't know anymore

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Mimi.b said:

Thanks for replying @Evaluate

I was diagnosed around my first ob, I'm not sure why she didn't see them yesterday though . She gave me some medication for future outbreaks and I have an appointment next week... I didn't know there were sti focused clinics though i can try searching for some.

I'm seeing a therapist right now and trying to stay positive Im just so drained from all the doctor visits and not understanding anything. When they called me they said my levels were low or something? I assumed that meant few breakouts but I just don't know anymore

It would really help if you were able to obtain the full details of the test you had and the results.

Did you have a swab taken at the time of your first outbreak? Did you have a blood test taken?

Mimi.b

@WilsoInAus that's why I'm so confused I'm not really sure

I kept going to the doctor for reoccurring yeast infections, which I'm still pretty sure werent herpes outbreaks, and I had gone back to the doctor after they had gone away but still had problems with itchiness. They took swabs and ordered blood tests, and called me a week later saying the blood test results tested positive for hsv2. Since a few days before they called I've had what I'm pretty sure have been on and off out breaks/one big one but I really have no idea what's going on.  I tried to explain what was going on to my doctor but im really anxious, I think I fumbled my words somehow. I'm really really bad with doctors, they terrify me and I've had a horrible past few months with them.

So from what I understand, the constant infections and stressful january events was enough to knock my immune system down? And that's why they started after being dormant for so long? Some good news though! I confided in a friend and she told me about a clinic that could help me

WilsoInAus

@Mimi.b it does seem like your swab was negative. Hence herpes stands a good chance of not causing your genital issues.

I think you have to get the full results of the blood test. There is no diagnosis in what you say. You need to see the actual results of the blood test, whether it was an IgG or IgM test and all the numbers.

Mimi.b

@WilsoInAus you really think it's something else? They called me saying I was positive, not sure why I never got the results but that's medi Cal for you I guess. 

I'm not sure what other thing would give me blisters right after I got a diagnosis but maybe the clinics will help more. Gonna try and keep busy for now 

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, Mimi.b said:

@WilsoInAus you really think it's something else? They called me saying I was positive, not sure why I never got the results but that's medi Cal for you I guess. 

I'm not sure what other thing would give me blisters right after I got a diagnosis but maybe the clinics will help more. Gonna try and keep busy for now 

I think the point is that it would be best to make sure of your diagnosis, there are a lot of wrong tests and misinterpretations out there.

It sounds like you have been visually diagnosed? Did you have a swab and blood test? What sexual activity did you have in the week before this all appeared?

blurneworder
1 minute ago, WilsoInAus said:

I think the point is that it would be best to make sure of your diagnosis, there are a lot of wrong tests and misinterpretations out there.

It sounds like you have been visually diagnosed? Did you have a swab and blood test? What sexual activity did you have in the week before this all appeared?

They already said blood tested positive.

WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, blurneworder said:

They already said blood tested positive.

No they did not, all that was 'low levels', where is positive mentioned?

We are pretty sick and tired of your delusions and self interest interfering with people and their desire for the truth. Please grow up and see a psychologist as to why you cannot accept that you do not have herpes.

Rocksays83
23 hours ago, Mimi.b said:

I'm 25, diagnosed a month and a half ago, still have bumps. Just went to the doctor yesterday and she said she didn't see anything but I checked today and there's bumps.

I've been in constant pain I can't wear pants (I hate skirts) I don't feel like myself and I never liked sex in the first place I just wanted to feel normal. I'm pushing away all my friends.

I don't know if they're gonna go away, I don't know if Im never gonna be able to have sex again, my boyfriend's understanding but I don't know if this is the type of relationship he'll be happy with in the long run. I can't remember the last time I spent a week without getting high or wasted and I just want my life back. Didn't mean for this to be so depressing but I don't really know where to release it. These forums have been a lifesaver to me

Hi Mimi,

I know you are 25 and life might seem different for sometime not because the disease is deadly or something Its more psychological then physical You may have more outbreaks in the first year but it reduces in the second The key is to have a good immune system So after my first year it only reoocurs to me if i had a surgery or I didnt sleep well a night ase my immunity becomes low Eventually the occurrence becomes less in severity and number You feel normal again with period bouts of unhappiness when you have an occurrence Yes telling a partner is ethical so you should if they accept the risk and are willing to be with you its great if they leave its better that they didn't waste your time The good thing is this virus will force you to be good to your body which may later on protect you from developing and other health conditions You can try to be on antivirals and use protection with your bf if he doesn't have it yet. It you remove the psychological issues its a minor nuisance physically.

blurneworder
15 hours ago, Mimi.b said:

@WilsoInAus that's why I'm so confused I'm not really sure

I kept going to the doctor for reoccurring yeast infections, which I'm still pretty sure werent herpes outbreaks, and I had gone back to the doctor after they had gone away but still had problems with itchiness. They took swabs and ordered blood tests, and called me a week later saying the blood test results tested positive for hsv2. Since a few days before they called I've had what I'm pretty sure have been on and off out breaks/one big one but I really have no idea what's going on.  I tried to explain what was going on to my doctor but im really anxious, I think I fumbled my words somehow. I'm really really bad with doctors, they terrify me and I've had a horrible past few months with them.

So from what I understand, the constant infections and stressful january events was enough to knock my immune system down? And that's why they started after being dormant for so long? Some good news though! I confided in a friend and she told me about a clinic that could help me

@WilsoInAus, read the first paragraph

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

@WilsoInAus, read the first paragraph

That's the whole point, we have not seen what is positive. We don't know if it was IgG or IgM or what 'low levels' are!

Stop hijacking threads with your own delusions. Please reflect upon the best way to support and show empathy to your fellow man. We are here to support the OP and not make inane self-serving comments about others who are actually trying to help. All we ask is to be left alone to discover the truth. We have asked this multiple times of you yet you persist. If you have an issue then make a post.

Mimi.b

@WilsoInAus I haven't done anything sexual since December, and honestly i think the person I got it from gave it to me 5 years ago. I don't think it was a visual diagnosis because my doctor said everything looked fine and I shouldn't be experiencing any discomfort, which is why I got the blood tests done just in case. I was a little upset so I didn't understand what the nurse meant when she called me just that "you tested positive for herpes 2" and "don't worry your levels are low" whatever that means? I wish I'd asked but honestly I was really upset. Thanks for walking me through this btw whether it's false or not I appreciate the help. I'll update once I can stop by and grab the results

Mimi.b

@Rocksays83 that's good to hear, I really hope it does die down. It's been almost two months of constant pain and I don't even know where my mind is anymore. I told my bf immediately after I got the results and he's be super supportive, I have chronic insomnia so I may be doomed if it starts up because lack of sleep but it is a good excuse to start eating healthier

Mimi.b

being positives not working

Do you guys think the pains ever gonna stop? I don't know how I can live like this

WilsoInAus
6 hours ago, Mimi.b said:

@WilsoInAus I haven't done anything sexual since December, and honestly i think the person I got it from gave it to me 5 years ago. I don't think it was a visual diagnosis because my doctor said everything looked fine and I shouldn't be experiencing any discomfort, which is why I got the blood tests done just in case. I was a little upset so I didn't understand what the nurse meant when she called me just that "you tested positive for herpes 2" and "don't worry your levels are low" whatever that means? I wish I'd asked but honestly I was really upset. Thanks for walking me through this btw whether it's false or not I appreciate the help. I'll update once I can stop by and grab the results

That's excellent, keep curious on this one.

Note that your symptoms are rare to be caused by genital HSV-2 upon a new infection. They are pretty much unheard of with an established infection. Given this information of how old your infection might be, the finger of suspicion points very strongly to a cause other than herpes.

With this in mind, if symptoms are persisting then you need to return to the doctor with a focus on relief and then diagnosis.

Evaluate

Swabs are the best method of confirming a diagnosis.  I encourage you to go back to the doctor once you have visible symptoms.  As I mentioned previously if you're not happy with the treatment from your present doctor there may be STD clinics around that have more expertise in those areas.

Have you looked into candida diets or other candida treatments to try and alleviate that issue?