World's Largest Herpes Support Group
John1988

Does anyone know if this is H? (PIC)

John1988
Posted (edited)

Unsure whether this is something to be worried about or not. Coming up to 3 weeks now. I’ve been to a sexual health clinic and they said there’s nothing to worry about. I haven’t had sex in 6 months I’ve also never done it without a comdom. There is no fluid in them even when I’ve tried to squeeze them. There’s also 2 of them near my belly button 

5E32623F-FAEC-4444-879F-2EA970845022.jpeg

Edited by John1988
No response

WilsoInAus

Hey @John1988  that is not herpes. There is a few things it could be, folliculitis and staph head the list, but there is also yeast and molluscum as possibilities.

Note that if infected with herpes you would obtain lesions within days of infection and not months later as an initial outbreak.

John1988

Thanks for the response, what do you recommend I should do??

WilsoInAus

I'd try giving it a chance to clear up. Maybe you've been eating poorly lately, fatty foods and oily foods?

Hence what I would do is wash the area thoroughly perhaps with antibacteria medicated soap. Dry the area with a hair dryer. Wear boxer shorts rather than jocks.

I don't believe it is molluscum as I believe that is pus inside (white and creamy?)

RNY18

Note that if infected with herpes you would obtain lesions within days of infection and not months later as an initial outbreak.”

Maybe statistically or for a percentage of those infected but not always the case. I did not show any symptoms until at least a month  or more after exposure. 

I had high positives on both blood tests, though my symptoms were atypical and not swabable.

I was also misdiagnosed by a Dermatologist.

blurneworder
2 hours ago, RNY18 said:

Note that if infected with herpes you would obtain lesions within days of infection and not months later as an initial outbreak.”

Maybe statistically or for a percentage of those infected but not always the case. I did not show any symptoms until at least a month  or more after exposure. 

I had high positives on both blood tests, though my symptoms were atypical and not swabable.

Exactly. 

I had symptoms right after the infection and different symptoms 4 months later.

Dermatolgoists misdiagnosed me and scoffed at for suggesting I have herpes. If it doesn’t look traditional, good luck getting someone to take you seriously.

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Exactly. 

I had symptoms right after the infection and different symptoms 4 months later.

Dermatolgoists misdiagnosed me and scoffed at for suggesting I have herpes. If it doesn’t look traditional, good luck getting someone to take you seriously.

You need to take yourself seriously, you do not have any evidence you have herpes. 

How are the dermatologists wrong?

Please don’t bother to post if you aren’t showing concern, respect or empathy for the OP but looking to self serve.

There’s a very scared little boy running amok here, please look to the light, look for growth.

WilsoInAus
4 hours ago, RNY18 said:

I’m not sure that’s the case. It isn’t really plausible that you were infected on the very last sexual encounter with this person and experienced symptoms a month later. 

Is it not possible that you were infected sometime prior and didn’t notice owing to the HSV-1 infection. In a relationship stable you had no reason to be concerned but this is accentuated when you weren’t and had a recurrent outbreak.

blurneworder
On 4/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, John1988 said:

Unsure whether this is something to be worried about or not. Coming up to 3 weeks now. I’ve been to a sexual health clinic and they said there’s nothing to worry about. I haven’t had sex in 6 months I’ve also never done it without a comdom. There is no fluid in them even when I’ve tried to squeeze them. There’s also 2 of them near my belly button 

5E32623F-FAEC-4444-879F-2EA970845022.jpeg

Have you gotten any blood work or swabs? 

I know it’s hard to ignore Wilso telling everyone they don’t have herpes or that we don’t care about you.

Notice that nobody else harasses other members across forums except him. Notice his constant hijacking of threads to focus on himself as the moral authority. He doesn’t care about you and he’s not your doctor. 

WilsoInAus
3 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Have you gotten any blood work or swabs? 

I know it’s hard to ignore Wilso telling everyone they don’t have herpes or that we don’t care about you.

Notice that nobody else harasses other members across forums except him. Notice his constant hijacking of threads to focus on himself as the moral authority. He doesn’t care about you and he’s not your doctor. 

I see, well I think it's time we move our support to the next level for you. It was hoped you'd be able to bring yourself back to normality. Regrettably it is now clear you are on the edge or past the safety gate of Munchausen's syndrome. I'll return to that in other posts.

Something that I have been holding back on is exploring the likely trauma that's at the root of the problem.

It is also clear from your posts that your fear grows almost palpably daily. Hopefully there is time to arrest this.

I sense this is about avoidance of something. What is the root cause. Is there something you feel unforgiven about? Is there something you feel you need to forgive?

BioHacker

To fix this issue, go to a dermatologist and demand a diagnosis and a treatment solution.