World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Runner278
      Here is an article that discusses postherpetic neuralgia. This is what my doctor will finally diagnose me with once I put it cleanly under his nose. While I haven’t had lesions, I’ve had many of the other symptoms of HSV2 that 5 drs, 4 urgent care professionals and Terri Warren has said “it’s not herpes”. I go for my western blot blood draw Thursday and I have an appointment with a neurologist on 9/1. This virus not only needs better treatment, it needs better drs.    https://www.herpesite.org/post-herpetic-neuralgia-from-genital-herpes/
    • themotion
      @Cas9 Hey, Sorry to bother you, but can you share your opinion on the content quoted above. Hope all is well.   Thank you
    • Aubrey77
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @Aubrey77 these symptoms are not something that oral HSV-1 can cause. In the end herpes would do what it does best and this is cause a sore somewhere on the lips . It might tingle a little as it forms, be inconvenient as it blisters and then crust as it heals and all look a little unsightly. But that’s herpes.    No reason to disbelieve your doctors thoughts on your issues.
    • Aubrey77
      Any feed back is welcome. I get these small bumps inside my right cheek. They do not hurt or burst. They just come and go. I showed them to doctors and the say they come up with stress and foods. Problem is I have pain and muscle spasms down right arm and in legs. Are these all ongoing issues for getting virus? I am not sure was going on with my body anymore 
Sign in to follow this  
blurneworder

After 11 months and 12 doctors telling me no - I tested positive

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, Mikeike3 said:

I had two partners within 2 weeks. One said she had hsv1 orally, the other said she was clean. 

I really swabbed the lip good, too. I got blood on the swab and tried very hard to get a lot of sample. I did it at the Dr office and everything. 

It is time to apply Occam's Razor here.

The simplest explanation with the fewest assumptions is almost invariably the correct one. That is that you do not have herpes.

The philosophical answer has to be to objectify the situation, answer the question "what one ought to do".

Picture a person who has had multiple swabs and multiple blood tests including the best available and it is negative. Can that person confidently enter a relationship saying that "to the best of my knowledge and that of modern science, I do not have herpes".

Why not date someone with HSV-1, that's most women anyway and all the cute ones!

This virus has been passed on to 40 billion humans since the dawn of time. Being a giver, or a recipient of a human virus that has been with us since the apes does not make one better, worse, morally superior or inferior. Its simply human. It is human to transmit viruses, it is human to receive them. 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

I’ll try and reach out to her, but I know she’s not fond of me after I told her what symptoms she’s inflicted on me.

i will do a WB

There is no point reaching out to her.

She was negative for herpes three months after contact with you, that is conclusive and there is nothing more to learn. She will have had sex with others since that time and even received kisses from Aunt Fanny Mae. If she is positive now, then she contacted it after sex with you!

She did not 'inflict' anything upon you. YOU have to take accountability and responsibility - you're a grown man for goodness sake, an adult. You had consensual sex. Whatever happens to you is YOUR accountability, no one else's. The fact remains that it is a reasonable probability you are the carrier of some issue (for example, Lyme disease) and you're convinces you've passed this on to a recent partner. What if you passed it on to this previous girl as well? You owe it to yourself and her to find out what is going on for you to be empathetic to others instead drifting in an avoidant fantasy land that fuels your depression and anxiety.

I know its hard, but its time to become the man and the adult that lurks inside you.

blurneworder

@Mikeike3, I’m ignoring Wilson’s posts, but I’m guessing he is assuming he knows all the details of my life? He must also be saying that I don’t have herpes and that I’m depressed.   He also knows the facts of the other people involved in the story.

Did I get it right?

Edited by blurneworder

Mikeike3
7 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

It is time to apply Occam's Razor here.

The simplest explanation with the fewest assumptions is almost invariably the correct one. That is that you do not have herpes.

The philosophical answer has to be to objectify the situation, answer the question "what one ought to do".

Picture a person who has had multiple swabs and multiple blood tests including the best available and it is negative. Can that person confidently enter a relationship saying that "to the best of my knowledge and that of modern science, I do not have herpes".

Why not date someone with HSV-1, that's most women anyway and all the cute ones!

This virus has been passed on to 40 billion humans since the dawn of time. Being a giver, or a recipient of a human virus that has been with us since the apes does not make one better, worse, morally superior or inferior. Its simply human. It is human to transmit viruses, it is human to receive them. 

Well, even you admitted that they looked like cold sores, and if they burn /tingle and then keep recurring in the same spot, I think it makes sense to next do a biopsy. That would find the hsv virus no matter what, albeit untyped 

WilsoInAus
59 minutes ago, Mikeike3 said:

Well, even you admitted that they looked like cold sores, and if they burn /tingle and then keep recurring in the same spot, I think it makes sense to next do a biopsy. That would find the hsv virus no matter what, albeit untyped 

No you need to read and appreciate what people are trying to tell you, not what you want to hear.

I told you that a lesion may have been day 2 of a cold sore cycle. I described what would then happen  on subsequent days. I’m gathering it did not develop like a cold sore.

Suspicions have been trumped by the test result regardless, it wasn’t herpes (1/2).

A biopsy cannot distinguish very well at, its accuracy is well below a PCR scraping. It’s not more than 90%. Further, it cannot distinguish HSV 1/2 from shingles.

When is enough enough for you? 

I’ve told African fable before about the hippo who leaves his family and life behind to search for the potamus. He travel all around the world and back again when an elder tells him that he is a hippopotamus.

The answer isn’t going from doctor to doctor, test to test, then clinics in exotic lands... when you’re ready, come home and look in the mirror. The hippopotamus is there!

If you’re not enough without herpes, you’ll never be enough with it.

WilsoInAus

@Mikeike3 mate is the man you want to be. Looking for obscure cases of people who also do not have herpes.

I know it’s hard but you need to bring it to an end. You’re on a road that leads nowhere except away from those that love you and those that depend on you.

Where are you going? What will you be when you get there? How will it change your life? How will it be better? 

Are the answers already in the mirror?

blurneworder
23 minutes ago, Mikeike3 said:

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Herpes/Negative-test-results-but-symptoms/show/2444631?page=1

Another example of someone else in the same boat. 

BTW I also get angular cheilitis now and brown crusting on my mustache hairs - they change color from black to brown. 

I had cheilitis last year. It was no fun.

mconcerned1986

What was your exposure bro? I am suffering from extreme genital itching and tingling and irritation in anal area. Got my hsv tests and western blot test negative for both the hsv. This happened  after a protected vaginal encounter lasted for 5 min and I am not able to figure out what is going on. The life feels like shit. I am itching like shit. 

Edited by mconcerned1986

blurneworder
20 minutes ago, mconcerned1986 said:

What was your exposure bro? I am suffering from extreme genital itching and tingling and irritation in anal area. Got my hsv tests and western blot test negative for both the hsv. This happened  after a protected vaginal encounter lasted for 5 min and I am not able to figure out what is going on. The life feels like shit. I am itching like shit. 

What do you mean by "what was your exposure"?

WilsoInAus
45 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

What do you mean by "what was your exposure"?

He means what type of mosquito was it?

mconcerned1986

What kind of sexual encounter did you have? Was it protected or unprotected oral or genital? Just nature of the encounter in general... I had protected sex but still I suffer from itching (extreme itching in genitals) entire boxer shirt area.

mconcerned1986
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

He means what type of mosquito was it?

Sorry not sure in what means you thought that was a mosquito related question.. I am being damn serious with my concern. 

blurneworder
7 minutes ago, mconcerned1986 said:

Sorry not sure in what means you thought that was a mosquito related question.. I am being damn serious with my concern. 

Sorry for him — he is a professional asshole. He likes to tell me I don’t have herpes. 

I had unprotected oral and vaginal sex. I gave and received  oral.

A few days later I broke out in a ton of itchy, red raised bumps above my penis. Since then, I’ve had a multitude of symptoms on my genitals and mouth. I tested positive for HSV1, but no definitive location on my body yet due to no blisters.

The itching in the genitals has lasted one year.  Balls itch, groin itches, asshole itches

Edited by blurneworder

mconcerned1986

I am having all the symptoms except bumps and I have my Western blot negative but I dont understand what is causing this shit. Terri says the itching that is going on for a year is NOT at ALL herpes. I really don’t know what’s going on. Did you plan pursue Western Blot? Didn’t you get swabs done?

Edited by mconcerned1986

mconcerned1986

Scared that I might pass The itching to others. I am using the zeasorb from Walmart and it helps with itching a lot. I was given steroid ointment (ultravate a very strong steroid) by a derm doc and it helps but if I Apply too much in asshole then my asshole area gets irritated very much. 

Edited by mconcerned1986

WilsoInAus
18 minutes ago, mconcerned1986 said:

Then get serious about it instead of carrying on about herpes, what does your doctor think it is?

Stay curious otherwise you’ll end up in a state of depression like @blurneworder give it a crack!

mconcerned1986

None of the docs I have seen said it is herpes. They say herpes symptoms comes and goes and won’t itch like this all the time every few days on and off.. so don’t know if either western blot is fucked up or may be my nerves r doing this to me. This sounds quite similar to blurneworder

Edited by mconcerned1986

mconcerned1986
4 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Then get serious about it instead of carrying on about herpes, what does your doctor think it is?

Stay curious otherwise you’ll end up in a state of depression like @blurneworder give it a crack!

After reading @bob12 post it scared the shit out of me. Just when I thought I could trust the Western blot here is what I have seen regarding HSV2:

https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/hsv2-positive-pcr-neg-igg-at-5-weeks/

pls read and comment iF u like...

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, mconcerned1986 said:

None of the docs I have seen said it is herpes. They say herpes symptoms comes and goes and won’t itch like this all the time every few days on and off.. so don’t know if either western blot is fucked up or may be my nerves r doing this to me. This sounds quite similar to blurneworder

I know it does and neither of you have genital herpes.

Please don’t waste time, emotion and money trying to prove you have something that doesn’t even cause the symptoms you are describing. It drives people mad!

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, mconcerned1986 said:

After reading @bob12 post it scared the shit out of me. Just when I thought I could trust the Western blot here is what I have seen regarding HSV2:

https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/hsv2-positive-pcr-neg-igg-at-5-weeks/

pls read and comment iF u like...

Yes they all swabbed pasitive within a year of infection.

mconcerned1986

True, I did not swab the red irritates areas. May be I should do that for more confidence and peace of mind. I had a condom protected encounter for 5 min still the itching happened. What a bad luck.

Tone123

That's crazy I've read the same thing and now I'm not trusting my 24 week post western blot either smh. It seems Terri just likes to sell the western blot to people for some reason. Nothing sounds like herpes to the profenials smh. I think this is why it's so common disease because they tell u 3 to 4 months is conclusive and it's not. Many people seroconvert much later and continue to pass it along thinking they're good

Edited by Tone123

WilsoInAus
42 minutes ago, Tone123 said:

That's crazy I've read the same thing and now I'm not trusting my 24 week post western blot either smh. It seems Terri just likes to sell the western blot to people for some reason. Nothing sounds like herpes to the profenials smh. I think this is why it's so common disease because they tell u 3 to 4 months is conclusive and it's not. Many people seroconvert much later and continue to pass it along thinking they're good

No they don't this has been studied to death. It is totally conclusive at 16 weeks and has no more an error rate than any other blood test.

Name one person who has passed this on after receiving a negative WB test?

Tone123
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

No they don't this has been studied to death. It is totally conclusive at 16 weeks and has no more an error rate than any other blood test.

Name one person who has passed this on after receiving a negative WB test?

Is it a full moon?

Im sure they have studied it and 16 weeks seems definitive and all but just like the girl posted on the link my friend shared. She swabbed positive but yet had a negative wb at that. Then got the positive igG in 7 months or so after. She could of easily passed it. I don't get how the western blot is so accurate and looks for many proteins but the igG looks for 1 and yet becomes positive before the blot. You would think the blot would be first to detect if it's looming for the complete immune response. I appreciate your input wilso I really do. You're very knowledgeable on this topic.