Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
blurneworder

After 11 months and 12 doctors telling me no - I tested positive

Recommended Posts

Tone123
2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

No they don't this has been studied to death. It is totally conclusive at 16 weeks and has no more an error rate than any other blood test.

Name one person who has passed this on after receiving a negative WB test?

Is it a full moon?

Im sure they have studied it and 16 weeks seems definitive and all but just like the girl posted on the link my friend shared. She swabbed positive but yet had a negative wb at that. Then got the positive igG in 7 months or so after. She could of easily passed it. I don't get how the western blot is so accurate and looks for many proteins but the igG looks for 1 and yet becomes positive before the blot. You would think the blot would be first to detect if it's looming for the complete immune response. I appreciate your input wilso I really do. You're very knowledgeable on this topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
30 minutes ago, Tone123 said:

Im sure they have studied it and 16 weeks seems definitive and all but just like the girl posted on the link my friend shared. She swabbed positive but yet had a negative wb at that. Then got the positive igG in 7 months or so after. She could of easily passed it. I don't get how the western blot is so accurate and looks for many proteins but the igG looks for 1 and yet becomes positive before the blot. You would think the blot would be first to detect if it's looming for the complete immune response. I appreciate your input wilso I really do. You're very knowledgeable on this topic. 

Well hang on a minute, this lady swabbed positive so from that point onwards had reason to believe she had HSV.  This was days after the possible infection.

The WB looks for 30 antibodies, the IgG just happens to be made at the earlier end of the spectrum. It is also only a matter of days difference between median IgG detection and the full WB profile.

It is possible as Terri points out that this lady is part of the 1% of the population who takes greater than 16 weeks to seroconvert (people with HSV-1 seem at higher risk of late sero conversion).

There is also another possibility that is equally likely and goes as follows:

The partner being HSV-2 positive would have left behind some copies of the virus that lodged into the sore that was detected by the highly, massively sensitive PCR test. She however was not infected then but a few months later when she had the weeping sores. Notice how different the description of the lesion actually is between the mild first sore and the 'second' quite bad outbreak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tone123
52 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

 

. Possibly not too sure what to think any more smh. The only thing keeping me sane is the fact i haven't gotten an open blister or sore. Early on I had a pimple appear and a sabacaus cyst after using nair product and was under the skin lump I guess hsv is on the skin. Kind of made sense what the derm said because it did feel like the hair was stuck under my skin at the time. I do have hsv1 and 6 month negative igG and 24 w3ek neg wb.  I'm healthy enough I feel I would show a quick immune response had I contracted it. Just makes you think reading up on all these people with false negative and positive swabs.. I wouldn't think having hsv1 would slow conversion passed 6 months. June 4 I'll do another igG at 7 months and leave it at that. Not gonna let this consume anymore of my time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

@Tone123 you have the right attitude. You are entitled to and ought to make a decision for you. This is true of any issue in life which often has way more incomplete information than you have.

UofW documents the cases of late and no seroconversion, not sure they’re that far into double figures out of literally thousands of tests performed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mconcerned1986
6 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Well hang on a minute, this lady swabbed positive so from that point onwards had reason to believe she had HSV.  This was days after the possible infection.

The WB looks for 30 antibodies, the IgG just happens to be made at the earlier end of the spectrum. It is also only a matter of days difference between median IgG detection and the full WB profile.

It is possible as Terri points out that this lady is part of the 1% of the population who takes greater than 16 weeks to seroconvert (people with HSV-1 seem at higher risk of late sero conversion).

There is also another possibility that is equally likely and goes as follows:

The partner being HSV-2 positive would have left behind some copies of the virus that lodged into the sore that was detected by the highly, massively sensitive PCR test. She however was not infected then but a few months later when she had the weeping sores. Notice how different the description of the lesion actually is between the mild first sore and the 'second' quite bad outbreak.

By no means I am an expert but I don’t want to speculate what has happened. She delayed the seroconversion and there is a chance. My Western blot is after 7 months 29 weeks after exposure so don’t know if I am in that safe zone or not. I am thinking to get another igG test done today if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mconcerned1986
15 hours ago, Tone123 said:

That's crazy I've read the same thing and now I'm not trusting my 24 week post western blot either smh. It seems Terri just likes to sell the western blot to people for some reason. Nothing sounds like herpes to the profenials smh. I think this is why it's so common disease because they tell u 3 to 4 months is conclusive and it's not. Many people seroconvert much later and continue to pass it along thinking they're good

What was your exposure? Protected vaginal? Or unprotected? Did western blot hsv 1 show positive for you as u already get cold sores? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tone123
1 hour ago, mconcerned1986 said:

What was your exposure? Protected vaginal? Or unprotected? Did western blot hsv 1 show positive for you as u already get cold sores? 

Yes you might as well say unprotected and hsv1 has shown in all iggs. It showed on the wb as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tone123
10 hours ago, mconcerned1986 said:

By no means I am an expert but I don’t want to speculate what has happened. She delayed the seroconversion and there is a chance. My Western blot is after 7 months 29 weeks after exposure so don’t know if I am in that safe zone or not. I am thinking to get another igG test done today if possible. 

If hsv2 is your concern the tests are more sensitive to it then hsv1. After 7 months negative I'm sure you're in the clear. I'm doing 1 final one at 30 wks post. Then I'm not gonna stress over it no more. I'll do it again at 1 year as well lol. Just peace of mind. If you haven't had blisters or sores then I wouldn't sweat it because it's said to have a few ob a year. Even if asymptomatic and still known exposure and the way I stressed over it I should of had a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mconcerned1986
Posted (edited)

Well I am also concerned about HSV1 genital infection and on mouth. The encounter I had is protected and no kissing involved. However I had several encounters with no kissing and fire play like licking breasts and stuff. Terri claims the ghsv1 is not common and my tests are also negative but I continue to itch after this encounter. I get tingling on face itching irritation and stuff like that and also in genitals.

Edited by mconcerned1986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emcee
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 2:19 AM, WilsoInAus said:

@Tone123 you have the right attitude. You are entitled to and ought to make a decision for you. This is true of any issue in life which often has way more incomplete information than you have.

UofW documents the cases of late and no seroconversion, not sure they’re that far into double figures out of literally thousands of tests performed.

@WilsoInAus do you know what the percentage is for no seroconversion after, say, a year?

Edited by emcee
wanted to add a question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, emcee said:

@WilsoInAus do you know what the percentage is for no seroconversion after, say, a year?

Less than 1%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeike3
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

Less than 1%.

1 in 200 is still a ton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

That’s 99.5%, you’re right that’s a ton, you’ll never date someone like that. Guess what, the 0.5% swab positive! 

Wow that’s excessively accurate, you’ll never be more certain than you are today that you don’t have herpes.

You’ve git this man! Your life is yours, you can fill your destiny!

Way to go Nothing can stop you.

Wear those jocks low and get out there and find a girlfriend! 

The button is ON and the cards are coming your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeike3
25 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

That’s 99.5%, you’re right that’s a ton, you’ll never date someone like that. Guess what, the 0.5% swab positive! 

Wow that’s excessively accurate, you’ll never be more certain than you are today that you don’t have herpes.

You’ve git this man! Your life is yours, you can fill your destiny!

Way to go Nothing can stop you.

Wear those jocks low and get out there and find a girlfriend! 

The button is ON and the cards are coming your way.

i take 500mg valtrex daily so i dont have any breakouts, and to minimize my pudendal nerve pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
13 minutes ago, Mikeike3 said:

i take 500mg valtrex daily so i dont have any breakouts, and to minimize my pudendal nerve pain.

But you don’t have herpes so no need to take antivirals.

Nerve entrapment is not fun - stress is one the main causes. I hope that dissipates soon. It usually does once you believe you do not have genital herpes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868

Even Terri says that sensitivity of WB for hsv1 is 95-96%. So somebody has to be in this 4-5%...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeike3
22 minutes ago, Stolo868 said:

Even Terri says that sensitivity of WB for hsv1 is 95-96%. So somebody has to be in this 4-5%...

Exactly. Plus some people don't seroconvert ever or for a long time, so it's even larger than that. 

Also, it takes longer for hsv. To show up on wb than on a commercial igg test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mconcerned1986

Got my igG results after 13 months and it is negative I think I need to put this behind and may be rhink do some shitty infection that is causing this itching in genitals and on face. Just an FYI my Western blot at 7 months post exposure is negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder

I’ve had this circular red mark above my lip for over a week now. It’s itchy and only slightly burns.

it is definitely not a zit. 

What do you all think?

B23874D9-DC81-4F5C-ACC6-06FDD7A4C58B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
13 hours ago, Stolo868 said:

Even Terri says that sensitivity of WB for hsv1 is 95-96%. So somebody has to be in this 4-5%...

Does she? Where?

That would refer to the level of sero-reversion for people who have had the virus. It is at least 99% for infections less than say 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
12 hours ago, Mikeike3 said:

Exactly. Plus some people don't seroconvert ever or for a long time, so it's even larger than that. 

Also, it takes longer for hsv. To show up on wb than on a commercial igg test. 

How would it be larger?

Again, so what? All these people have swabbed positive.

There is no instance of a person with negative swabs and negative Westernblot who has infected someone with herpes.

This is what is relevant for you. 

This is it! It is more than time to man up and be a role model for younger folk with similar concerns.

Seize your destiny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest

That's not a clear picture @blurneworder can't say what it is either way. Chance we can get another?

No prob if it's too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
46 minutes ago, Quest said:

That's not a clear picture @blurneworder can't say what it is either way. Chance we can get another?

No prob if it's too late

That’s about as clear as I can get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeike3
5 hours ago, blurneworder said:

That’s about as clear as I can get it. 

It will be clearer if you get a bit further away, then we can zoom in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder

Today it’s starting to crust.

CB008F7D-B844-4D67-BE42-9A7C376E538B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,914
    • Total Posts
      471,913
  • Posts

    • Quest
      Right, that's why you spend every waking moment here because you have "PhD's and degrees" That's comical! If you're not messing with someone and hijacking a thread, you get the shakes!
    • MiLoBeng
      Yeah. I missed my old normal life too.
    • blurneworder
      Headaches and brain fog for me. It sucks i can’t eat grain or sugar anymore
    • MiLoBeng
      I wouldn't say HSV is totally harmless at all as it still poses risk for the women who's pregnant/in labor (despite of having antiviral to reduce the risk = it's never 100% risk-free either) + fatal disease to the babies (kiss of death lol..) + small % of people who are immunocompromised might be in danger because of the virus  Even though HSV doesn't kill us but it sure did create lots of inconvenience in our daily lives = Avoiding your favourite food (because of triggers) + disclosing issues in dating + mental stress (because it's incurable + stigma everywhr) + sex issues with loved one (scared of transmission) + dealing with OBs Most doctors (not all) out there only said it's harmless because it won't kill you (they couldn't care less of how you're going to deal or live with it) 🙂  *Some might even not saying anything at all (they just prescribe some med and sent you home) 😐
    • blurneworder
      Break free Wilsoanus! Accept you are wrong about diagnosing herpes.   theres a world out there for you to join and get a life! I noticed the flurry of new accounts making posts recently that you comment on before others. The original poster then praises you. Nice try creating fake profiles. You are a worse troll than Jay
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.