Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
kuykee11

Constant tingling every day for 2 years since diagnosed

Recommended Posts

kuykee11

Hi,

Is this normal? I get constant tingling in my genital area every day since diagnosed 2 years ago. It used to be worse but is more mild now that I take Valtrex every day. Doctors and sexual health clinics don’t understand this and say it’s not a symptom of herpes. But I didn’t have it before getting diagnosed with herpes. Why is this happening? Do I need to take a higher dosage of Valtrex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
floydmonk

I also experience a tingle inside on the left side of my shaft, towards the head. Sometimes it feels like it's deep inside. It even feels like it's connected to my left leg and foot somehow as I get pain walking there when it is worse. This has been ongoing for me for 10 months now since I was diagnosed with an initial outbreak (type 1). I kept going back to an urgent care clinic, demanding more acyclovir. I thought it was all I could do and if I took enough of it then it might go away, but after a month of that it didn't improve. This nerve pain was so bad during the first 4 months that I contemplated terrible things, and nearly destroyed my marriage over it. I never get actual outbreaks, haven't had any since the first one. The nerve pain is better or worse by the week and is very distracting to my daily activities and focus at work. There is never a day I don't notice it.

I must also tell you, that I have recently found I have a fatty liver, a severe stage of it. I believe that this is causing a suppressed immune system, and if I were to get back into shape, then I think I might find more relief.

I've tried a variety of herbal supplements to manage the symptom. Olive Leaf seems to help, but I take a stack of it which includes Beta Glucans, so I don't really know. Recently I tried an antioxidant product containing Astragalus Root Extract, Bio-Pqq, Trans-resveratrol, CoQ10, Quercetin, rhodiola root extract, reishi & cordyceps, and ElevATP (Ancient Peat Moss and Apple Extract). This has really helped for as long as it lasted. I intend to replace my olive leaf/beta glucan blend with it. It's not cheap, but for the past month I felt like I had my life back.

I've heard a lot about Quercitin and other compounds which work on a cellular level. I believe this might be part of the solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kuykee11
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, floydmonk said:

I also experience a tingle inside on the left side of my shaft, towards the head. Sometimes it feels like it's deep inside. It even feels like it's connected to my left leg and foot somehow as I get pain walking there when it is worse. This has been ongoing for me for 10 months now since I was diagnosed with an initial outbreak (type 1). I kept going back to an urgent care clinic, demanding more acyclovir. I thought it was all I could do and if I took enough of it then it might go away, but after a month of that it didn't improve. This nerve pain was so bad during the first 4 months that I contemplated terrible things, and nearly destroyed my marriage over it. I never get actual outbreaks, haven't had any since the first one. The nerve pain is better or worse by the week and is very distracting to my daily activities and focus at work. There is never a day I don't notice it.

 

Thanks for replying. It’s so crazy to me that doctors don’t recognise these other symptoms. They really think it’s just a rash or sore. It’s so distracting I feel the tingling all the time.

Edited by kuykee11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yodda

Yes it is crazy.

Hope someone replies to us  if things get better with time. 

Because now I have 5 years in this situation.

Best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
floydmonk

I wonder if there is anatomically some nerve there and if this is unique to type 1. Anyone feeling it on left side and into left leg? Also type 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IcantThinkofaName
15 hours ago, kuykee11 said:

Hi,

Is this normal? I get constant tingling in my genital area every day since diagnosed 2 years ago. It used to be worse but is more mild now that I take Valtrex every day. Doctors and sexual health clinics don’t understand this and say it’s not a symptom of herpes. But I didn’t have it before getting diagnosed with herpes. Why is this happening? Do I need to take a higher dosage of Valtrex?

I do as well.

Left side genitals too.

My Dr also said its not HSV. It totally is as i never had this sensation Before contracting it.

I take 500mg a day. Maybe a higher does would work/help? I am tryign not to take more though due to dehydration issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hi202020
Posted (edited)

I've been experiencing the same thing with GHSV1 - it's been 3 months of non stop tingling and itchiness/irritation even after OB has cleared.

I've been taking Acyclovir regularly. Are all of you experiencing this also taking it? 

I'm considering going off of it to see if that helps, is it possible that the Acyclovir is causing or making this worse?

On 4/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, floydmonk said:

I wonder if there is anatomically some nerve there and if this is unique to type 1. Anyone feeling it on left side and into left leg? Also type 1?

I also feel it more on my left leg with GSHV1. I also get tingles in my rear... it's all pretty annoying.

I really hope it goes away over time.

At some point I might even consider taking an anti neuropathy medicine like Neurontin. 

Edited by hi202020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
Posted (edited)

I also have the tingling in my buttocks. 

I have HSV 1

Edited by blurneworder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
33 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

I also have the tingling in my buttocks. 

I have HSV 1

Do you have genital HSV-1? Testing doesn’t support that.

Please leave people alone while we focus on your diagnosis. What does your psychologist say about  Munchausen’s Syndrome and it’s implicatuons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder

I’ve blocked Wilso’s posts, but I’m guessing he is saying I don’t have herpes. I know it’s easy to judge someone you’ve never met.

Let’s keep this post going and continue to offer our personal stories. 

I feel bad that all of you have to watch him harass all of my posts.

Please report him if you continue to see this unacceptable behavior.

2 hours ago, hi202020 said:

I've been experiencing the same thing with GHSV1 - it's been 3 months of non stop tingling and itchiness/irritation even after OB has cleared.

I've been taking Acyclovir regularly. Are all of you experiencing this also taking it? 

I'm considering going off of it to see if that helps, is it possible that the Acyclovir is causing or making this worse?

I also feel it more on my left leg with GSHV1. I also get tingles in my rear... it's all pretty annoying.

I really hope it goes away over time.

At some point I might even consider taking an anti neuropathy medicine like Neurontin. 

Are those tingles constant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
8 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

I’ve blocked Wilso’s posts, but I’m guessing he is saying I don’t have herpes. I know it’s easy to judge someone you’ve never met.

Let’s keep this post going and continue to offer our personal stories. 

I feel bad that all of you have to watch him harass all of my posts.

Please report him if you continue to see this unacceptable behavior.

Are those tingles constant?

Unfortunately I will need to address each and every one of your posts. People deserve better than falsehoods and harassment contained within them. I will compile a note of the inconsistencies that goes beyond hypochondria. Hopefully we should see a ban soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anom1990
Posted (edited)

Same, my anal area itches a lot when I'm sweaty from working out and my job. I don't know if it's related to H or simply just sweat. It's irritating. Is that what shedding is? / feels like?

Edited by anom1990

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35hope

yeah same here for 2 years, from my face to my hands and my feet, it feels like bugs are crawling under my skin then biting me horrible feeling i must say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
24 minutes ago, 35hope said:

yeah same here for 2 years, from my face to my hands and my feet, it feels like bugs are crawling under my skin then biting me horrible feeling i must say

But you don’t have genital herpes, maybe whatever is causing the issues in your feet and hands is causing them elsewhere? Sounds like blood flow issues to the extremities!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
6 hours ago, 35hope said:

yeah same here for 2 years, from my face to my hands and my feet, it feels like bugs are crawling under my skin then biting me horrible feeling i must say

I had the same problems in my arms, feet, and legs after getting the initial onset of the flu.

8 hours ago, anom1990 said:

Same, my anal area itches a lot when I'm sweaty from working out and my job. I don't know if it's related to H or simply just sweat. It's irritating. Is that what shedding is? / feels like?

I've had the itchy feeling for months! Something simple as just walking around irritates it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, blurneworder said:

I had the same problems in my arms, feet, and legs after getting the initial onset of the flu.

I've had the itchy feeling for months! Something simple as just walking around irritates it.

And your symptoms are also not related to herpes, so what’s the insight we gain from that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868

Do you really have to ruin every post Wilsoinanus? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
G77

I used to get a pain down my left leg for the first few months. In fact the pain down my leg was one of the first symptoms I had before the blisters appeared and I thought I had pulled a muscle or something but then they came every month just before my ob. I haven't had any pain since my ob's stopped though. I am always very itchy down there though and have been for the last year. I use coconut oil which helps massively! Hopefully this will stop soon as my body gets used to the virus. I have ghsv1 btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Stolo868 said:

Do you really have to ruin every post Wilsoinanus? 

Yes we must support people. Too many people just walk on the other side of the road.

Challenge yourself man, what defines you as a human?

Of what benefit is it to attribute all symptoms up to and including the second coming to herpes? What is the impact on children reading this website? The vulnerable?

Don’t just snivel away making negative and sarcastic comments. How’s that role modelling for others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868

Empty words anus. You are so predictable. Maybe start writing guides for canvassers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yodda
7 hours ago, Quest said:

Yes dis this research and that comfort me, and I found a Dr neurologist who tell me it is my herpes.

This symptoms diminish with the association of 2 anti viral vaciclovir and amenamevir.  

But I'm experiencing now lot of outbreaks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest
On 4/26/2019 at 8:49 AM, floydmonk said:

I wonder if there is anatomically some nerve there and if this is unique to type 1. Anyone feeling it on left side and into left leg? Also type 1?

I used to get a numb pinching feeling. I used to lay on my side to lessen the pinching feeling.

Everything that happens to me is on the left side. That's the pathway it chose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quest
On 4/28/2019 at 10:50 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Unfortunately I will need to address each and every one of your posts. People deserve better than falsehoods and harassment contained within them. I will compile a note of the inconsistencies that goes beyond hypochondria. Hopefully we should see a ban soon.

Shame on you!!!!!

This is a support forum! SUPPORT

You stress way more people than you help!!!

Your separate post needeling members has to go!

I don't care what is going on you let them come to their own conclusions!

YOU ARE NOT THE HERPES POLICE!¡!¡!:court:

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED! NOT THE PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND OUT ANSWERS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
11 minutes ago, Quest said:

Shame on you!!!!!

This is a support forum! SUPPORT

You stress way more people than you help!!!

Your separate post needeling members has to go!

I don't care what is going on you let them come to their own conclusions!

YOU ARE NOT THE HERPES POLICE!¡!¡!:court:

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED! NOT THE PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND OUT ANSWERS!

Thank you for your support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,950
    • Total Posts
      472,310
  • Posts

    • BioHacker
      Morality aside, it could be that your "disclosure" talk is not as reassuring as it could be. With awareness of diagnosis, suppressive meds, and condoms every time, the risk of male-to-female transmission is very low. How low? If you and a female partner were having sex twice a week, it would be a 1-in-600 year event. Assuming precautions are taken, your female partner would be likely to die of old age without ever getting HSV, even of you had sex with her multiple times every day without a single day off for the rest of your life.
    • sadangel22
      For those of you with GHSV 1 or 2 how did you know you were having a second outbreak? I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 a month ago and have had no symptoms till now. For the past two days I've been super itchy but there are no bumps/ulcers like last time. I read somewhere that some people experience periodic itchiness and no other symptoms so I'm wondering, is this super common and is what is happening to me? Or do I need to prepare myself that this is most likely a second outbreak in it's initial stages? 
    • hunger4more
      We havent cured things not because we can't its because profits are a bigger priority. Trust me when I say I know it sounds like conspiracy talk but look at where and what they throw money at.... sickness is lucrative. So is death (War) The military budget is criminal to say the least, as is Nasa's budget That's just simple math, then look at all the obscene hurdles set in place to help deter anyone from going the distance. They only cry ethics when it comes to anything that could potentially benefit the greater good.
    • WilsoInAus
      I think it is very important for you to find out whether you carry HSV-1 or not. If you do, then any concerns you may have about HSV-1 are negligible. Many people carry an oral HSV-1, like your partner. This will be the only region of her body infected, that is the mouth in a practical sense. No contact with the mouth means no chance of infection for you. Hence there are zero issues with vaginal sex and you giving her oral. Kissing and you receiving oral sex are the feasible transmission possibilities. Perhaps the second is of minor concern, but your choice. If you decide you're never going to kiss a girl because she has HSV-1 orally then that will be your loss. Most girls have HSV-1 and all the cute ones!
    • WilsoInAus
      I disagree, we have made a significant contribution to keeping it on track and ensuring the OP has the correct information to cogitate upon. Let's keep the good work up!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.