World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Exceeder

Gold Bond!

Exceeder

I just used Gold Bond on my outbreak, and it feels awesome and dry.

The powder is "medicated" for itch relief, dries out the area and has a nice, cool "mentholyptis" feel to it...

I am sure I am not the only one to try this stuff...I used it for jock itch some time back and it was great for that too!

I'm excited here...this stuff may be my new ticket to more comfortable outbreaks!

alwaysalone

hey did you get any long term affects? did it burn at all? I am always afraid something will burn. I used baby powder once that was nice but i have all black pants and the powder came through! lol

Exceeder

Hmmm, gold bond has some kind of cooling ointment in it, so if you put it on sensitive skin it can either feel "hot" or "cool" when the powder first hits the OB, but that goes away after a minute.

I have had this clear "weeping" of the skin where it breaks and then causes the OB to stick to my underwear. It sucks to have to peel cloth away from your OB whenever you move around.

The gold bond seems to be a great answer to it...I suggest getting a small bottle and trying it out!

Regardless of the herpes, gold bond feels AWESOME, haha :cool:

I also used it back in the day for jock itch...its very hygenic and keeps you clean all day long.

shutterbug

I cant help but giggle, Exceeder. You sound like a commercial! (hehe)

Glad it works for you, though!! :)

ArizonaLove

I'm gonna have to try it

I always feel slight discomfort, I don't think its a breakout, I ride and get irritated from riding alot so it's a mix between the two- but I'm definatly gonan have to try it!

Misty

On my very first OB. (before I even knew what I had) I found Gold Bond to be the only thing that really helped and I told my doctor this but she told me to not use the powder but insted to use the lotion because the powder has steriods in it and might cause a infection to spred.

Two thoughts come to mind now one is at the time no one knew yet what I had or at least wasnt telling me and the second since it is herpies we all are dealing with and we are told to keep ourselves as dry as possible wouldnt Gold Bond powder be a good thing then?