World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Bigtime

Do L-lysine ane BHT really work? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Bigtime

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on l-lysine and BHT? Are they effective? Thanks in advance!

morty1234

I tried Lysine and had no success, maybe it help those who have arginine as a trigger, I can eat hummus and a lot chocolate, both full of arginine and I don't have more symptoms

Kurdt01

I've taken bottles upon bottles of both (especially lysine) and it never made a noticeable difference. BHT caused constipation as well. It's a preservative and literally dries out your insides.

Lulupazoola

I had good luck with lysine for a while, maybe a year.  Its pretty cheap to try, and if it doesnt work, u can cross that remedy off your list.  At some point i found myself taking more and more but getting no relief, so thats when i moved on to trying other things.  BHT was too creepy for me.

Kev003

Lysine seemed to dry the blisters during outbreaks.  They would take about the same time to heal but there would be no/less fluid while using lysine.  At first it seemed like it was reducing the amount of outbreaks, but after a couple months they were coming just as often as before - if not more often.