World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Jack32

Single Scab\Pimple on shaft?

Jack32
Posted (edited)

Hello, I’ll try to make this brief:

Two nights ago, while masturbating, I felt like I had some sort of a dry little particle on my shaft that felt like scratching my skin. I assumed it was something that got attached to my penis from clothes, or maybe the oil (yes, I use oil. Vitamin E) that I use sometimes gets dry particles which annoy so I remove them. I didn’t pay much attention and moved on.

The day after, at the gym I felt the underwear rub unpleasantly against my penis. I moved it a few times and it stopped bothering me. When I took a shower I noticed this small scab/blister.. it wasn’t painful and it was really tiny but I could feel it.. today I felt and saw it only in a bright light as it was little. The scab\pimple got much better and ever smaller as we speak (out some anti fungal ointment, just for the heck of it) but I’m worried.

In the past 6-7 months I haven’t had any sexual contact other than one hand job as I have a herpes phobia. Last summer I suddenly had a rash in my inner thighs after working out and sweating a lot which I did test via swabbing and it turned out to be negative (had unprotected oral sex back then. Many. Not anymore. I am still a virgin, never had anything but oral sex)

I can’t think of how I could have contracted genital herpes, as I haven't had any sexual contact (other than that one hand job) in the last 7 months.

Also - blood test came negative for HSV2 (I did after that rash I got in the summer, which I also swabbed - both negative) (but I do get once or twice a year cold sores so HSV 1 is positive)

Im trying to add a few pics but have limitations with the size. I hope this works

what do you think? 

I had nothing till 48 hours ago

Edited by Jack32

WilsoInAus

Rest assured that isn’t herpes.

It may be where a fordyce spot as rubbed away, the little hard core has come out; or even a skin tag. 

Doesn’t look like much to be worried about, things like that show up from time to time.

id think about your fear more, what if your soul mate has herpes?

Jack32
Posted (edited)

Lol. That gave me a good laugh, I needed that today.. thank you.

If it's my soulmate - I'd be ok with that. We'll use the right measures.. (As I use even when I don't have cold sores, I don't let people use stuff that have touched my lips, as I don't want anyone to suffer because of me)

I need to see a therapist. That fear of herpes (which is just a way to manifest probably deeper, existential concerns) has screwed my life in the past year or so. I don't touch my eyes after I touch my mouth, even when I don't have sores.. I am at constant fear of contracting the HSV 1 that I already have to other parts of my body (I actually thought this might have happened to me with this bump..)

I don't want to have sex with anyone till we both get tested.. no unprotected oral sex ever (even if they are currently negative for HSV1 as i have it so I might give it to them when we kiss..) - anyway, seems like I'm a bit on the crazy side, but I just can't help but feel like I'm gonna get i it one day. Even now that you told me to be quiet, which it did help a bit, I can't help but thinking "Maybe it's a way for him to help us out?" Or " Until I get swabbed the minute that shows up, I can't be sure" which is kinda, again, crazy.

Thanks for being here for us. Instead of working for a presentation I have to give, I've been obsessing over this for the past 48 hours.

Since I've already mentioed that I'm kinda crazy, could you tell me how is it possible to say if it is herpes or not if I've read that people show different signs so you can never know until you swab it? I'd like to think there is still some sort of herpes look.. This is another pic of the pimple or what ever the hell this is. Again, super zoomed in. The camera helped me look at this better as it's pretty tiny

Thanks again. You guys are incredible. ❤️

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Jack32

WilsoInAus

@Jack32 I see you’re a self aware dude which means with the right help you will process this and come to terms with what the real issue is for you.

Remember, there is documented case, adult or child of a transfer of one’s own established oral HSV-1 to another location. This suggests it  must be an extraordinary circumstance.

Jack32
Posted (edited)

By “this” in “process this”, what do you mean? 🙂

and yes. I need to start working on these issues 

thanks again, Wilson

Edited by Jack32
OCD?

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, Jack32 said:

By “this” in “process this”, what do you mean? 🙂

and yes. I need to start working on these issues 

thanks again, Wilson

I mean come to the understanding of what this base fear is that is channelling through herpes. I think it could have channelled through anything.

Jack32
6 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

I mean come to the understanding of what this base fear is that is channelling through herpes. I think it could have channelled through anything.

I agree. 😕

btw, (not actually btw but hey)— did you get a chance to peek at the second pic I uploaded? I still wish I could get a diagnosis and know what my body does (and why)

again - thanks. I had no idea there wasn’t a document case regarding the self contracting. I was sure I read in papers that this occurs in 10% of the patients. 

WilsoInAus

@Jack32 please be careful with interpretations.

I think what you may have read is that for adults who contract HSV-1 from sexual activity then 10% of them obtain an oral AND a genital infection. This can happen as the infection is not established in their body.

The second pic does not suggest herpes either.

Jack32
4 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Jack32 please be careful with interpretations.

I think what you may have read is that for adults who contract HSV-1 from sexual activity then 10% of them obtain an oral AND a genital infection. This can happen as the infection is not established in their body.

The second pic does not suggest herpes either.

Thanks for your reply. I got the source from a Columbia website, goalice or ask Alice: 

Another source of confusion about herpes transmission is autoinnoculation. This refers to the rare instance of a person touching a lesion with active herpes virus, and then immediately touching another part of her/his body (e.g., the lips or eyes). Autoinnoculation does not happen very often — in ten percent or less of herpes cases. Furthermore, it can easily be prevented by washing your hands well with soapy water when lesions are present. Since the herpes virus likes warm, moist areas, it is virtually impossible to spread it to areas of the body covered with skin, such as arms and legs”