World's Largest Herpes Support Group
hp90

Hsv-1 spread to eye and now I am completely hopeless for future and devastated

hp90
Posted (edited)

In November 2018 I found out through blood test that I have hsv-1 infection. Before that I wasn't aware that I have cold sore, I have outbreak but no knowledge.  Haven't have in childhood so must acquired around 1-2 years ago. Was mentally stable till now (initial was super freaked out). For past 2 days I have something wrong in my right eye and after doctor visit, he told me that yes I have infection now in eye and he gave me antiviral Zirgan. I am so sad and completely hopeless now. I am 29 and have entire future ahead of me. As I am Asian Indian I am pretty sure that no girl will ready to merry me if I am disclosing my infection. But I want to be honest so I will disclose to any future partner. I think I am going to be alone forever and will not have love. So stressed to even reveal this to family. Any calming words on this? Do anybody have eye infection here, how you cope it up? 

Edited by hp90

blurneworder
2 minutes ago, hp90 said:

In November 2018 I found out through blood test that I have hsv-1 infection. Before that I wasn't aware that I have cold sore, I have outbreak but no knowledge.  Haven't have in childhood so must acquired around 1-2 years ago. Was mentally stable till now (initial was super freaked out). For past 2 days I have something wrong in my right eye and after doctor visit, he told me that yes I have infection now in eye and he gave me antiviral Zirgan. I am so sad and completely hopeless now. I am 29 and have entire future ahead of me. As I am Asian Indian I am pretty sure that no girl will ready to merry me if I am disclosing my infection. But I want to be honest so I will disclose to any future partner. I think I am going to be alone forever and will not have love. So stressed to even reveal this to family. Any calming words on this? Do anybody have eye infection here, how you cope it up? 

What exactly was wrong with your eye?

How did the doctor diagnose you?

hp90
Posted (edited)

Have red watery eye. Was feeling like some dirt in my eye. Lots of inflammation. Doctor checked my eye and see that there is some inflammation on my cornea. Was feeling vision compromised.

Edited by hp90

blurneworder
40 minutes ago, hp90 said:

Have red watery eye. Was feeling like some dirt in my eye. Lots of inflammation. Doctor checked my eye and see that there is some inflammation on my cornea. Was feeling vision compromised.

Was this through an eye doctor? Did they put the dye in your eye to check for visible evidence of HSV?

hp90

Yes, this is through eye doctor. He didn't put any dye but checked with some blue light and other means.

WilsoInAus

@hp90 you are taking all the right steps.

Please note that you have an oral HSV-1 infection almost undoubtedly from childhood not that it matters too much.

Hence your optic nerve is already infected and may have experienced an outbreak. Your eye doctor will have treated this and there is every chance of no ill effects from this.

Nor will it impact your chances of marriage etc. Most Indian girls have HSV-1 already!

Mimi24

i will say that you’re life one, is not over. i am 23, and have my entire life ahead of me, but you’d be surprised as to how many people are actually accepting of it and aren’t judgmental. yes, when it comes to intimacy you will have to disclose your status to your partner,  but safe sex and medication can lower transmission rates dramatically. just concentrate on yourself and your mindset. remember that this isn’t a death sentence and YES you will get married one day