World's Largest Herpes Support Group
ry98

How long after contraction did your first outbreak occur?

ry98

I’m currently unsure if I have herpes but I’m just trying to gauge the odds right now. 

If I may have contracted it 4-7 months ago. What are the odds that a few pimples I have that look fairly innocent could actually be herpes?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, how clear was it that you had contracted it? Is an initial outbreak always very clear?

Thank you so much!

WilsoInAus

Hey @ry98 the medium time to outbreak from infection is 4 days, maximum is about 14 days.

Slkxx

I showed symptoms maybe two days afterwards and then a full outbreak maybe two days after that. Some people only show very mild symptoms though so don’t always know they’ve got it. 

Best thing to do is go and them swabbed and then you’ll know for sure, otherwise you’ll still be worrying about it after they’re gone.

ry98
5 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @ry98 the medium time to outbreak from infection is 4 days, maximum is about 14 days.

If I showed no noticeable symptoms at all back then does it make it unlikely I have herpes? I’m showing symptoms months and months later now, are these probably just innocent pimples?

viralfrog
1 hour ago, ry98 said:

If I showed no noticeable symptoms at all back then does it make it unlikely I have herpes? I’m showing symptoms months and months later now, are these probably just innocent pimples?

Would it not be technically possible / quite likely for someone with a strong immune system to be asymptomatic, and only find out about the virus a long time after? I mean like having no initial OB or having one so mild it goes noticed, then later in life when experiencing something that heavily suppresses the immune system (e.g. getting sick with FLU), have the first OB a long time later?

OP, I'd just recommend going to get tested and you'll know. 

blurneworder
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Slkxx said:

I showed symptoms maybe two days afterwards and then a full outbreak maybe two days after that. Some people only show very mild symptoms though so don’t always know they’ve got it. 

Best thing to do is go and them swabbed and then you’ll know for sure, otherwise you’ll still be worrying about it after they’re gone.

I didn’t get the flu-like symptoms until months after getting HSV1. I now get very painful and itchy whiteheads that ooze cleat fluid and leave scars after I pop them 

Edited by blurneworder

ry98
22 minutes ago, viralfrog said:

Would it not be technically possible / quite likely for someone with a strong immune system to be asymptomatic, and only find out about the virus a long time after? I mean like having no initial OB or having one so mild it goes noticed, then later in life when experiencing something that heavily suppresses the immune system (e.g. getting sick with FLU), have the first OB a long time later?

OP, I'd just recommend going to get tested and you'll know. 

Youre probably right. I’m just scared. 

These are Genital herpes in question though. No flu like symptoms, no severe scratching or pain, single pimples appearing on my penis with a group that seems kinda spread out appearing over my penis. 

I’m just scared to get tested because then it could confirm my fears. 

blurneworder
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ry98 said:

These are Genital herpes in question though. No flu like symptoms, no severe scratching or pain, single pimples appearing on my penis with a group that seems kinda spread out appearing over my penis. 

I was infected by someone using your logic — too scared to get tested. They knew they might be positive, but withheld that information due to fear.

get tested

Edited by blurneworder

Slkxx
54 minutes ago, ry98 said:

It takes two minutes to get it swabbed. If it is herpes, then not getting tested won’t mean that you don’t have it, just means that you’ll probably be giving it to other people thinking that you don’t have it because your symptoms have gone. Not everybody experiences the “typical” herpes symptoms so nobody can say whether you’ve got it or not, you just need to get it tested. If you’re lucky then it’ll just be some harmless pimples and you’ll have nothing else to worry about.

G77

A couple of days. I started with a bad pain down my leg, then flu symptoms and fever. Blisters started to appear at around day 4 and all the symptoms carried on for around 2 weeks but I was on anti virals by then. 

WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, blurneworder said:

I was infected by someone using your logic — too scared to get tested. They knew they might be positive, but withheld that information due to fear.

get tested

And they tested negative, why do you leave the most critical items out.

People don’t want fake or flake they want real, this is 2019 for goodness sake.

Tou are a grown man, an adult. Please reflect upon the damage your immature behaviour is causing.

blurneworder

@ry98,

i ignore Wilson’s posts, but he usually chases me around these forums saying I don’t have herpes or that he he can prove where I didn’t get it from.

Please forgive his ignorance and lack of compassion. It’s embarrassing to this forum.

WilsoInAus
4 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

@ry98,

i ignore Wilson’s posts, but he usually chases me around these forums saying I don’t have herpes or that he he can prove where I didn’t get it from.

Please forgive his ignorance and lack of compassion. It’s embarrassing to this forum.

I think people are a lot smarter than you realise. Why can’t peoole simply know the full facts of your story and let them decide?