World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Bee31

Terrified

Bee31

Hi, I’m new here and just looking for support and to see if anyone has a similar story.

im 90% I have some form of the virus and I am going to get tested on Friday.

I hooked up with a stranger about 2weeks ago, and have been itchy ever since. I also have had irratation and discomfort. Then a few days ago, ONE red sore appeared and I noticed it after scratching. It was painful for like an hour after scratching but now it’s fine and I don’t notice it. It doesn’t look “typical” but I know that everyones symptoms are so different.  I’ve also started to feel itchiness around my butt now but no sores or bumps. I also had a few headaches which isn’t normal for me. All of these symptoms are pretty mild minus the itchiness.

I know something is not right and all the signs are pointing to herpes. I’m pretty terrified,  but I’m just trying to come to terms with it as soon as possible. It feels like my life is over, but I know it will get better in time so the sooner I accept it, the sooner I can move on. Anyone have similar experience? Any advice on how to come to terms?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • win
      Hey hi202020, the Varivax vaccine definitely removed the neuralgia for me, at least so far (fingers crossed). My signs of HSV1 infection after the blood test came back positive in December (with a high IGG of over 55) were: horrible flu symptoms initially (in February) with swollen lymph nodes, followed by almost non-stop, super painful genital neuralgia, and one oral outbreak in March. However, the neuralgia has completely disappeared since the end of April (about a month or so). I had the first vaccine on April 10 and the booster shot on May 19, so about a week ago.
    • hi202020
      Hey Mackie I have the same neuralgia that you do, did you find anything that helped you? Did you try any vaccines? I’m feeling desperate as I’ve had non stop neuralgia/pain for 4+ months after contracting GHSV-1.
    • mconcerned1986
      Got my igG results after 13 months and it is negative I think I need to put this behind and may be rhink do some shitty infection that is causing this itching in genitals and on face. Just an FYI my Western blot at 7 months post exposure is negative.
    • Mikeike3
      Exactly. Plus some people don't seroconvert ever or for a long time, so it's even larger than that.  Also, it takes longer for hsv. To show up on wb than on a commercial igg test. 
    • Stolo868
      Even Terri says that sensitivity of WB for hsv1 is 95-96%. So somebody has to be in this 4-5%...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.