World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Shubhherpe
      My prognosis is that the funding for herpes will be either cut down or completely stop for sometime. Curing herpes was never on the priority list of NIH. Though i pray my prognosis goes wrong.
    • Just a human being
      I believe from others studies lysine showed mixed effects. HoweverI would question those studies and designs if they are looking at the right factors. The causative factors of chronic infections are a little more complicated than lysine yes or no.  Traditional diets as one can see are naturally high lysine and it seems important in the case of viral infections whether if appears to help or not on the surface.  I posted it as it’s just such a well written and referenced article and explains a lot of orthomolecular science (HTMA science) and is based on the same science as Synergy (science is science published or unpublished!). I cannot tell you how many times I was told this year “It’s not science till it’s published”.  I thought @hk81 might enjoy it as a jumping point into the foray of hazy patchwork of unpublished and published science while applying their keen intellect.  I give this resource to most people as I think it’s an excellent article.   
    • shadowgirl88
      I take 1000mg of L-lysine daily.  I heard it helped tremendously with OBs. And I never have OB’s. So. I believe it!  (And I’m on no suppressive drugs) 
    • iFdUp
      I don't  believe this will affect the HSV research too much. 
    • WilsoInAus
      What makes you think that you have HSV-2 in any or a specific location?
Sign in to follow this  
Pilar

Could BV be a misdiagnosis for my hsv2?

Pilar

Hello. So in July 2017, I tested positive for hsv1 & hsv2. Since then, I’ve gotten cold sores inside my mouth but not sure I can confirm ever experiencing a genital OB. However, since my herpes diagnosis, I’ve also gotten bacterial vaginosis, two times. Is it possible that the BV is actually genital hsv2

Mimi24

i’m not sure it is likely that bv can be misdiagnosed as hsv 1&2, as bc is diagnosed by a swab, while hsv 1&2 are diagnosed through a blood test if no sore or lesion is present

Pilar

Understood. I suppose I am trying to figure out if/when my hsv2 will flare. The BV diagnosis was something I was, in some ways, hoping would teach me more about my body and hsv2.

WilsoInAus
On 5/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, Pilar said:

Hello. So in July 2017, I tested positive for hsv1 & hsv2. Since then, I’ve gotten cold sores inside my mouth but not sure I can confirm ever experiencing a genital OB. However, since my herpes diagnosis, I’ve also gotten bacterial vaginosis, two times. Is it possible that the BV is actually genital hsv2

I'd go back to the test that you had. Why did you test? What tests did you have? Do you have the specific results?

Mimi24

i understand. for the longest andnstill sometimes i try to figure out if i was misdiagnosed when i had the blood test. bc i had a swab before, it came back negative. then when. i didn’t have symptoms anymore i decided to try the blood test after having another sore down below and it came back positive. i was saying surely it was my antibodies fighting off some sickness or allergies 😅. because they test for high levels of the Igg antibioties which also fight off sickness our bodies already recognize

WilsoInAus
8 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

BV is a symptom of herpes 

No it isn't.

What does the B stand for?

Mimi24

bv means bacterial vaginosis. which is a ph imbalance in the vagina