World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mrspinkk

Burning senses- no lesion helpp

Mrspinkk

Hi 

I feel burning in my vagina for 10 days bir no lesion or blisters.. Does this mean the virus is active? Or another bacterial infection? Please help me :(

ps: I haven't had sex in 9 months.

Kurdt01

The burning (neuralgia, neuropathy) is common...unfortunately even doctors don't know if it means your shedding or not....not necessarily though. There are a lot of nerve issues with herpes...it's way more a nerve issue than a skin issue. Do the antivirals help you? 

WilsoInAus
On 5/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, Kurdt01 said:

The burning (neuralgia, neuropathy) is common...unfortunately even doctors don't know if it means your shedding or not....not necessarily though. There are a lot of nerve issues with herpes...it's way more a nerve issue than a skin issue. Do the antivirals help you? 

Well hang on let's be real about this. There are 5 billion people on the planet with HSV 1/2; what proportion have ongoing nerve issues?

Star0830

could the burning maybe be in the urethra? I am currently having this problem with the constant sensation to pee. have had several urine cultures that show no infection. I had a ct scan today if abdomen and pelvis, I hope everything comes out negative and its just the virus, Also started the valtrex daily therapy that my gyno suggested just to see if the nerve problem goes away, 

Star0830

I am still dealing with this, been on valtrex for 12 days no relief, No outbreaks but urethra burns more when sitting and the valtrex makes me have no appetite and constantly wake in the middle of the night with rapid heart rate and cant go back to sleep. Is this nerve issue permanant? has anyone had same issue with any relief ? My dr just wants me to stay on antiviral and give me strong antidepressants for nerve pain. Going on 3 months with no relief from this burning 

blurneworder
On 5/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Well hang on let's be real about this. There are 5 billion people on the planet with HSV 1/2; what proportion have ongoing nerve issues?

Well hang on let's be real about this. Plenty of people on this forum have shown neurological issues. Stop giving bad information.

Wake up, moron.