World's Largest Herpes Support Group
thebrightsidegirl

My boyfriend woke up with bumps on his shaft ?

thebrightsidegirl

I am scared and confused ..... I have ghsv1 and he has ohsv1 .... we have never had this issue :( . After sex I had swollen lymph nodes and I felt sore ... the next day there were cuts around my anus and this morning he wakes up with sores .. is it possible for us to have hsv 2

WilsoInAus

Hey @thebrightsidegirl I hope you’re going ok, I’ve read your posts and will see if I can draw some threads.

I see that you have genital HSV-1 and your partner has oral HSV-1. I’m not sure if he has tested but given it’s somcommon there’s no reason to disbelieve that’s what he has.

This is the best concirdant scenario you can hope for in a sexual relationship. You both already have the virus and your immune systems are established and your experience with herpes is your own.

You cannot induce an outbreak in each other by virtue your own HSV-1 and transmission to a new location on your partner is too small to worry about.

If HSV-2 is present, then it needs to be brought to the relationship. It’s not at all likely you have it given you were infected genitally with HSV-1. 

I suggest these symptoms are very unlikely to be related to herpes at all. If they are, then it’s far more likely to be a recurrent outbreak issue with your HSV-1 as opposed to an initial infection with HSV-2. 

thebrightsidegirl

Thanks so much WilsoIn , 

i still have have a few questions . are you saying that I can’t get two kinds of genital herpes in one spot . see as though I have g-hsv1 I wouldn’t be able to get ghsv2? Im not sure how to upload pics here but I wanted to show you the sores he woke up with 

WilsoInAus

Keep asking away @thebrightsidegirl You’ll get some good answers from experienced folk here, mostly!

For a person with genital HSV-1, yes they can get genital HSV-2 although the chances appear to be somewhat reduced. No one knows by how much. People with both types identified in the one location are very rare indeed, although there’d be under-reporting.

For your boyfriend, it sounds like some testing would be a good idea. Can he get a swab if the sores?

thebrightsidegirl

goodmorning , i first want to say thank you soo much for being so responsive and relieving me from all my anxiety . i have been googling my sympotoms since Friday and it’s driving me nuts . 

when i I had my first ghsv1 outbreak , I had yellow discharge , pimples on my vagina that bursted and burned when pee was to touch them . it started off small , but they duplicated fast over the next few day’s . It literally happened all in about 2 days . 

my boyfriend on the other hand has bumps , not the pimple things that I experienced , they are not clustered , they aren’t red . and he lacks any other symptoms .  they also haven’t bursted or they haven’t spread . it’s about 3 And they are spaced out ... it doesn’t look like herpes from what I know . but I’m not so sure . 

I was under the impression  that bumps can’t be swabbed unless they have a fluid of opening . his have neither . 

thebrightsidegirl

the image kind of looks blurry cause I had to edit it soo much to get it to fit in here , but for the most part . these are the only bumps on him . they aren’t spread abroad or anything . they are only on his shaft 

200506CF-5FEC-49A5-8E04-99CEDFA2997D.jpeg

WilsoInAus

Good morning to you @thebrightsidegirl as well.

I can suggest to you that these are almost certainly not herpes lesions.

What are they? Well I imagine a doctor who is on the spot will ha e the following pass through his mind:

- fordyce spots 

- penis acne 

- pearly papules

- folliculitis 

- molluscum 

In decreasing order of likelihood based on the pic!

thebrightsidegirl

how odd is it that I’m experiencing an outbreak and he gets bumps at the same time ! these fordyce spots nearly scared me half to damn death ! I curse them lol .  what do you know about fordyce spots ?? does sex trigger them ? How do they come about and does he need treatment for them to go away 

thebrightsidegirl

Great News , 

I just left the doctors office and explained to her my situation and showed her pics of my boyfriend . Like you said , she was almost 99.9 percent sure that it wasn’t hsv2 . She told me that It was probably an outbreak from my  hsv1 that I transmitted to his genitals . I was under the impression that if he already had OHSV1 he could get it genitally . She awared me that it can work both ways . Luckily , since he already has hsv1 his outbreak wasn’t that bad and may not ever appear again . She told me that testing was unnecessary and she didn’t recommend.

WilsoInAus

@thebrightsidegirl I doubt that’s correct, the picture is not of herpes at all. None of that can be concluded from a picture.

When is your partner having a swab?

thebrightsidegirl

he wasn’t really bothered about the bumps , he wasn’t planning on getting a swab . I was creating the big deal about it  being herpes ....  once we realized it wasn’t that . he wasn’t worried anymore 

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, thebrightsidegirl said:

he wasn’t really bothered about the bumps , he wasn’t planning on getting a swab . I was creating the big deal about it  being herpes ....  once we realized it wasn’t that . he wasn’t worried anymore 

Yeah it is not herpes. 

Remember with both of you having established HSV-1 infections, you have no real issue with herpes at all in terms of being a couple!

thebrightsidegirl

thebrightsidegirl

hey wilsoIn , hope that I’m not annoying you . but over this weekend . sh**t has hit the fan . 

1.my boyfriends bumps never bursted or became blisters . 

2. my lymph node swelling has went away . 

3. He now has irregular swelling around hues penis , he said it feels raw . they are still no open sores or blisters but I can physically see the swelling right at the end of his shaft close to the penis head . 

WilsoInAus

Hey @thebrightsidegirl I am not sure what to say except that it’s sounding like he needs to see a doctor regarding what’s going on.