World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Monty321

Herpes nightmare

Monty321
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, i am monty . Basically i am here to get some guidance regarding my situation and put some light on the symptoms and test results.

Incident date- 22nd April 2019, 11 am 

Incident type- unprotected vaginal sex with a promiscus lady.

After 10 days of the incident, i developed swelling in lymph nodes around both armpits and right groin. Full body ache, muscleache. No fever, no blister nothing. GP ran tests found nothing, i was on ammoxycilin and pain killers for a week. Ran tests for hiv, hep, syphilis, chamedea/gono, herpes on 18th day(rna pcr for hic, hep and syphilis) 26th day and 29 th day(Abbott architect) All came back negetive. The herpes test done on 26th day was using Liaison tests for herpes 1 and 2 igg, both negetive.

Now on 33 days after the incident, o have developed 2-3 black/white spots( cant different exactly) which are sensitive but not painful. I get a slight sensation when my underware touches those exact spots. Spot size are same as the size of a rice grain. I applied some antifungal cream there. Now on 35 days after the incident, i have some burning sensation at the opening of urethra and inside urethra at a single point , around 1 inch from the meatus opening. I dont feel any pain while pee or poo. But apart from that the urethra is a bit sensitive, like a bit burning sensation exactly at the specific point all the time. I have stopped the antifungal cream and put some coconut oil on the glans head now.

I never had cold sores hsv1 ever since my childhood. Gp thinks herpes is too painful and my symptoms are still manageable. Hence predicts that it may not be herpes.

I am scare of the pain and found that people with assymeyric symptoms dont have symptoms initially.

1. Do you think its herpes?

2. How accurate are liaison herpes 1-2 igg test by after 26 days of exposure.

3. What should be my next steps.  On a scale of 1-10 of pain, i am probably at 3 from the burning sensation in my urethra.

I will upload few pics asap.

Thanks

Edited by Monty321
April

blurneworder

The swelling of the nodes is usually an indicator of herpes.

It’s possible to not test positive right away. It could take weeks or months.

Monty321
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the response.

But is it possible to have the first outbreak,mild and that to after 35 days post exposure?

I am posting the pics for a better view.

Please have a look to the left section beside my meatus ( actually its the right side, but in pic its shown in the left of meatus). It's swell up a bit as an area, not as the typical herpes bumps with liauid inside, but its a bit sore today.

First pic

Second pic

Have we got a to e window to confirm if its herpes or not. I am pretty much new to this and a bit stressed. Please forgive me if i sound silly.

Edited by Monty321
April

Cas9

@Monty321
The pictures you provided strongly suggest that you have a normal penis :)

Your description of symptoms does not suggest herpes, but it may suggest a different kind of infection; e.g. fungal or bacterial

You have tested too soon. Trying testing in August for piece of mind.

Monty321

Thanks cas9,

I am trying to get an appointment at gum clinic tomorrow to get there view, but its quite difficult to get an appointment in gum without a gp referral here in Ireland. I will definitely do the igg test in August when it will be 16 weeks.

Meanwhile, the swelling that has started around the meatus ( hope you can see that in pic 2 cleary) and the associated burning pain is scaring me.

I am on Amoxicillin + ibrufen+ sleeping support pills still cant sleep because of anxiety and the burning sensation.

Quest

You really need to wait 12 weeks before testing again.

HPV has turned out to bother some of our members. I don't know how they tested Jingles member. Not that you have it, but file it future reference.

I would go to a naturopath DO and see what they can do for pain! Is it nerve pain?

Monty321

Thanks Quest for the quick response. No, its not nerve pain, the pain on the right side on the skin near the meatus opening and a bit inside the urethra.  Its been 5 days since i gave the sensitivity around my glans. I read that normally hsv ulcerates in 1 to 3 days . Lets see. Cas9's word has given me some confidence as he has seen the glans pics as well.  Cant remember exactly, but somewhere i read that a person did pcr on swap ,taken on the jonhy for hsv testing. The results came back negetive for hsv for positive for few types of hpv.

Quest

I pressed the like sign on his comment because it looked fine to me too.

Monty321

Hi Everyone ,

Its 40 days after the encounter and things are a bit bad now. I am feeling bodyache. Lymph nodes around the groin is painful. I still feel the pain in the urethra and getting a small amount of discharge as well.

The ammoxycilin i am taking since 5 days is not helping aswell. Anyone has any clues?? Please help

WilsoInAus

@Monty321 at this duration since ‘exposure’ youncan be quite comfortable this would have nothing to do with an initial herpes infection.

What medications and STI tests have you taken since the incident. 

Monty321
Posted (edited)

Thanks Wilso.

1. I had taken 2.5 grams of Azethromycin in after 2 days of the incedent ( 1 gm on day 2 +500mgx3 on day 3)

2. When I went to go on 22 days post exposure on 12th June to GP, she asked me to take 7 days (500mg Amoxicillin)+ pain killers.

3. After that I started developing the sensitivity on glans and the burning sensation in urethra. So self medication is in progress with 3 times 625 mg Augmetine antibiotics a day since last 4days almost.

4. I have tried a single does of antifungal 200 mg as well.

But today I am feeling like hitting a wall, very tired and have pain in muscles and lymph nodes below armpit and right groin. This is exactly like the feeling on day 8 onwards after the incedent, like swelled nodes and body ache. No fever anytime after the exposure.

I have developed a single pimple with white centre on it in my left thigh, almost towards my back, no pain. It's quite weird that this pimple and the groin are in opposite sides of the body. Hence o am not considering that as a threat even though it's not a folliculitis as there are no hair around that pimple spot.

The major concerns are still the same, the burning inside my urethra and this slight discharge from my meatus of the penis.

I am not sure what to do. I have set up an appointment with GUM clinic, but they have no blood tests for herpes.

Tests that I have taken are

1. Day 18 post exposure: HIV/hep b and c RNA PCR tests- negative

2. Day 18: tests for HIV( spot and Abbott architect 4th gen) , hep b and c, syphilis, clamedea/ gono- negative

3. Day 22- Go run tests for HIV , syphilis and around 10 other infection ( all negative except 1/2, reports are not back for them, she told she will call me if anything is positive, no calls as off now)

3. Day 26- HIV (Abbott architect 4th gen), hep b, c,  hsv(1and 2 ugg test by liaison kit), chemedea/ gono-, syphilis , all negative

4. Day 28- HIV ( Abbott architect 4th gen) negative

All the tests were done by St James hospital and national virology lab, Dublin. Hence must be accurate enough. RNA PCR on day 18 was done by better 2know at a lab in London. The RNA PCR tests are sensitive as well. But those were for HIV and hep.

God gave me a superb life, a wonderful wife and a Lovely daughter. What have I done with it? A moment of drinking and sex messed my life almost. My wife is so caring, loving and soo special. I cheated. I really hate my self now.

Edited by Monty321

WilsoInAus

Hey @Monty321 I think you know your answer. You hate yourself and wishing punishment upon yourself.

Catholic guilt is an awful thing :)

You need to start with forgiving yourself, sure you’re an idiot but what matters is what you do now.

WilsoInAus

Thanks @Monty321 there is no doubt in my mind that is folliculitis - an infected sebaceous glan.

Monty321

I hope so, fingers crossed. It just busted and I couldn't even know. It just existed for 2 days and no pain. It just popped.

But I am still worried about the burning sensation in the urethra and now a bit on the shaft as well. The lymph node near the groin and the muscle ache in the legs is the killer. I can feel heartbeats kinda sensation in my muscles and near the lymph nodes in legs. I am not sure what the GUM clinic will tell me this coming Thursday. They don't have blood tests for hsv igg though. Any suggestions regarding what can I request/ ask them regarding checking for herpes ?? Thank you so much everyone.

Tacotime

If not HSV, your symptoms sound like you could have contacted another herpes family virus such as EBV, CMV, or HHV-6 those viruses are lymphotropic and notorious for causing lymph node swelling, best case scenario is it was just a flu virus or a bacterial infection of some sort.

The burning urethra sounds like urethritis and this indicates you contracted a pathogen of some sort, the question is which one.

HSV caused urethritis during my primary infection.

Mycoplasma pneumoniae, enteroviruses, and adenoviruses can also cause urethritis.

Tacotime
On 6/1/2019 at 9:00 AM, Monty321 said:

Hi Everyone ,

I still feel the pain in the urethra and getting a small amount of discharge as well.

Urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra, which is the tube that carries urine out of the body. Urethritis is usually caused by a sexually transmitted infection. ... The most frequent cause is Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria, which cause the sexually transmitted infection Chlamydia.

WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, Monty321 said:

I hope so, fingers crossed. It just busted and I couldn't even know. It just existed for 2 days and no pain. It just popped.

But I am still worried about the burning sensation in the urethra and now a bit on the shaft as well. The lymph node near the groin and the muscle ache in the legs is the killer. I can feel heartbeats kinda sensation in my muscles and near the lymph nodes in legs. I am not sure what the GUM clinic will tell me this coming Thursday. They don't have blood tests for hsv igg though. Any suggestions regarding what can I request/ ask them regarding checking for herpes ?? Thank you so much everyone.

If it popped that’s consistent with folliculitis. Herpes lesions do not tend to pop and do not have pus in them as there is no bacterial response from white blood cells.

Most people infected with herpes do not experience lymph node discomfort. Those that do may do so for a week or two before the immune response is taken over by the longer term aspects of your immune system rather than first response.

For IgG Testing in the UK you will need to go privately. I am not sure this is warranted. Remember in your neck of the woods, genital HSV-2 is of the lowest incidence in the world!

Monty321

Thanks TacoTime, Wilso and everyone,

Its hard to believe that it might be due to bacteria, as i have already taken more than 15 grams of antibiotics as off now.

My chylamedia and gono are negetive tested as on 18, 26 and 28 th day of incedent. 

My lymph node swelling was decreased but somehow i have pain around my armpits and lymph nodes.

The burning inside the urethra has decreased a bit , at least after getting the discharge. But not totally gone.

The skin around my shaft is burning a bit since yesterday as well. Since my skin around shaft is black, i just couldn't figure out any color changes, but definitely there is the burning sensation. 

@WilsoInAus

I just saw a thread , from way back in 2013, where you had similar symptoms.

I couldn't completely read that and couldn't even find it. If you dont mind, i would like to know the case please.

Everyone, please have a look at my case. Please let me know your thoughts and experience please.

WilsoInAus

Hey @Monty321 the experience of one person is usually of little relevance as we are all different in mind, body and soul.

Yes I did experience a prostadynia episode that was likely caused by stress associated with misinformation and the breakdown of a relationship. 

I think that was my particular learning, that an inability to understand your emotional turmoil can lead you to attempt to grasp an ‘earthly’ more tangible issue such as herpes to attempt to process through.

In reality though, the true answer to these problems is to look into the mirror.

Monty321

Update- Went to the GUM clinic today. The doctor was around 70 years old and after listening to the whole story, checking my glans pics and checking my glans physically thinks that its not a case of herpes.

I asked me about assymeyric herpes but he told he never saw any assymeyric patient and just did blood tests for hiv, hep b c and syphilis. Again urine samples are taken for chyamedia and gono.

I explained him about my lymph node enlargement in groin and armpits. But he is still not convinced that i have any sti including herpes.

Hence i will be waiting for the four months mark to get the igg antibody tests for herpes.

Any thoughts or suggestions please??

blurneworder

If they take notes electronically during your visit, and they refuse to give you testing that you want, ask if they are going to record that they said "NO" to your request. 

That might sway them to test you.

Monty321
Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone, seems like i am going through an outbreak now. Just to remind you that i am only tested visually by gum clinic and they dont think i have hsv. I am on the  66 day after the potential encounter and waiting till 90 days to get my blood hsv igg tests done.

I can feel a mild burning all around my glans now. Its not painful, cant see any bumps or lesions, but mild discoloration in the glans area, exactly close to the similar experience i had on the 40th day onwards.

Questions:

1. Can assymeyric symptoms like this can lead to a full blown text book outbreak?

2. Can i take swabs from the discoloration spot, even if i dont have bumps or lesions.

3. I can feel the same mild burning insise my urethra as last time ( experience around 40 days from encounter), but no swelling as such as compared to the 40th day experience. Does anyone else have similar experiences and been diagnosed with hsv too.

Edited by Monty321

Monty321
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, its 82 days after the potential exposure. I am waiting for 3 months mark to get a igg test to put my mind at rest. In the meantime, i have continuous tingling and burning sensation in my genital( glans area and shaft).

Till today, there were no pimple or the typical blister or lesion appeared anywhere. But today morning, i got a very small stuff on my foreskin. 

Is it herpes lesion

It was not there yesterday night. I am sure about it.

I just rubbed it, it came out. Looks like some biological stuff.  Was looking shinny though. No pain or lesions at all. i couldn't even find the spot on my foreskin. 

Is it possible to have painless pimples like this in herpes????

Edited by Monty321
New pic

Monty321

Hi guys, its 82 days after the potential exposure. I am waiting for 3 months mark to get a igg test to put my mind at rest. In the meantime, i have continuous tingling and burning sensation in my genital( glans area and shaft).

Till today, there were no pimple or the typical blister or lesion appeared anywhere. But today morning, i got a very small stuff on my foreskin. 

Is it herpes lesion

I just rubbed it, it came out. Looks like some biological stuff.  Was looking shinny though. No pain or lesions at all. i couldn't even find the spot on my foreskin. 

@WilsoInAus

Is it herpes lesion

@Quest

Is it herpes lesion

@Tacotime