World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
islandhopper

UK dating sites

islandhopper

Hi, does anyone have any experience with either h-ype or Tingler ? I am registered with both, but the h-ype site seems to be down recently.

Tingler is fairly new and free, though ive not had much success meeting anyone. Despite messaging several members, i get no response, and then they disappear from the site. Equally, when i do get an email to say that i have a message, when i log in, there is no message. I contacted tingler about this, and it seems it down to 'fake users'
This has happened 3 times and i'm starting to think the site is a waste of time.

So, what is the best way to meet someone in the same boat ? If 1in4 people have it, where is everyone ? Ok, i think its more like 1in10 in the UK, and i guess 80% of those dont have symptoms.
The last girl i met wasnt bothered by it, though she did have HSV1 orally. We split up for other reasons. So, maybe i will just keep trying non hsv people. I say non hsv people loosely, as the probably have one type or the other and dont even know it !

Melx

Thanks for the feedback on the sites you've tried. I was reluctantly considering them, but seems they too are a also a waste of time :(

Tulips40

I tried positive singles but you have to pay to message and im not paying for it! 

islandhopper

Yeh, it does start to get quite expensive. I recently renewed my subscription for 3 months, as there was a member i liked and wanted to get in touch with. They never responded, so that was a waste of time.

Tingler is not bad, but there is no chat room. I'm wondering if its connected with h-ype, as around the same time that tingler appeared, the h-ype site went down. ..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Vintage7
      Hi, First time ever on a forum.  I have become secretive having the virus for over 33 years.  Guess you could say it has controlled my life, my decisions, my emotions but I have a good life and family to the contrary.  Something that destroyed me in my youth but didn't completely wipe me out.  My only two regrets were bad doctor advice and not being responsible with it before alternate medicines came out in 95'.  I don't wish it upon anybody but I have to live with the fact I had given it to others.    The reason I have written on this forum is to tell people of something remarkable that needs to be shared.  Now, you can be skeptical or think I'm bullshitting, but what I'm telling you is real and needs to be looked at in the medical world.  I have the virus pretty good meaning it flares up regurarly even using Valtrex but Valtrex works really good..  It has slowed down in the past 5 years or so but always seems to be building even on medication and the minute I'm off it seems to spring up over night.  What I do know is stress is the number one cause to trigger an episode so those who stress less are better off but anything can be stressful such as heat in summertime or being scared in a movie theater these are stresses unlike job or relationship related but have the same affect. I had a heart attack early summer of 2019.  I'm young for a person to have a heart attack and don't fit the body type either.  Blew friends away and I couldn't believe it myself.  The funny thing it saved my life.  I didn't know how better I felt after getting a stent to unblock a clogged artery.  97% blocked went to 0% blocked.  Now the thing is I haven't taken any meds to control herpes since the heart attack and I havent had an occurence since.  I don't feel it anymore.  8 months and no herpes and no Valtrex.  The only possibilities I can think of are the unblocked heart let blood flow where it didn't allowing the anti bodies to uncover the herpes hidden site in the nerves, the blood pressure medicine slowing my heart rate so Im relaxed more and maybe the blood thinner medicine is doing something by thinning the blood.  I have always had an episode every 4-6 weeks for 33 years without medication.  Something changed when I had a heart attack and stopped the herpes from re-occuring.  I will feel even more happy when a year goes by but I'm in heaven now.  I tend to think one of the two heart medications are working and if they are they are for more useful than 25 year old Valtrex is.  What bugs me the worst about herpes is the corporate greed that lets it flourish. One medicine that hasn't changed in 25 years?  It happens to keep it in check and thats it?  Nothing else.  Right just keep having to purchase Valtrex it sounds like a great money maker.  But this is real I believe there is a better medication.  Also I don't have alergies anymore and I don't feel as sick when I have a cold and I haven't gotten the flu.  (I don't get flu shots).  Something I have to share.
    • Umajin
      I was diagnosed with a single, small herpes sore decades ago.  Never had another outbreak after that. on Dec 28, I vigorously masterbated, while also having been flu-like and under a tremendous amount of personal stress.  Basically, the tri-fecta... 6 bumps came the next day, formed blisters over the next 2 days and then slowly healed over. its now been 1 month and I can still see the remnants of the papules.   in fact today, I was having a tingling feeling and general “warmness” around the area. im wondering if I’m getting another outbreak?  And how long it takes for the papules to completely disappear?   thanks in advance for any thoughts
    • LightafterDarkness
      Thanks @MikeHerp for continuing to lead on this front- a permanent cure is that much closer thanks to your efforts and the inspiration you have given many to join in this cause. Looking forward to positive news this year on multiple fronts against this pesky virus!
    • LightafterDarkness
      Content should be familiar to many people here but still an interesting read. Great to see sources continuing to push back against the stigma: "“Back before Time Magazine did a cover story on herpes in the late 1970’s, we didn’t think of it as an STI. We thought of it as a normal thing — fever blisters, we often called it — and it wasn’t a big deal. Because most everyone had a cold sore now and then. But then, acyclovir came out and the [pharmaceutical] companies wanted to make a lot of money, so they started advertising it,” Dr. Graves says. “Because of misogyny, they made it this big dramatic thing and the ads mostly were about how women wouldn’t want to transmit it to partners. So it became stigmatized.”" https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/2152344/medical-providers-herpes-sti-stigma/  
    • LeighAnn
      https://imgur.com/a/BUDGaoh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.