World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sul900

funny side!!

sul900

i know for a fact before i suffered with depression i would have saw the funny side to this situation. for the ten years previous to the last two years i have sat in a dark room, my head! worried about everthing because of an anxiety attack! and then this came along to make matters worse! i havent had a girl friend for 12 years because of anxiety which causes depression and low self esteem. before this anxiety i was outgoing and funloving involved in everything. then at 17 i had a bad experience and my world fell apart and a dark cloud came. it is only now that i am starting to deal with the anxiety and depression, and as i do i am starting to get my sense of humour back. i know i am not a kid anymore so i have to look at the serious side of the situation. but if i keep on worrying about my herpes and other stuff im not going to move forward and i am going to remain alone and isolated. so what i am trying to say, when you start feeling low about herpes rise above it and see the funny side! hard though it might be its the only way you and me are going to control it and move on.cheer up:p Mark.

FeelingFoolishUK

Hi somebodys else from the uk, morning :p

Im the King of worrying I really am. Also im the biggest hypocondriac in the world lol. Well tomorrow (or later today) im just about to book myself in for a GH test. To me the result will probably come back positive (im prepared for that). I do try to not let myself get down and when I do the first thing I do is head to the Internet to search for info. Now the internet and hypocondriacs really do not go together and it uaually makes me 1000 times worse.

This time im just going to bite the bullet and deal with whats ahead. If I have GH then its my own fault and Ill deal with it (it isnt life threatening in a physical sense)

The only thing im truly dreading is telling my friends and family (eek)

sul900

lol!

Alright:p yeah your right hypocondriacs and the internet do not go! im not one of those but i do get a bit worried and stressed. anyway you will know if you have it or not! you seem in good spirits :D what ever he tells you, stay in good spirits! don;t ever go down with it! get on top of it as quick as possible then you won't think about it as much.;):p mark.

Claudia

Hi, Mark!

I have also struggled with depression and, more persistently, anxiety. For years the anxiety really took over my life. I was really in its grips.

Sick of it, I found an excellent counselor and someone very stable and tolerant to love and support me. I am no longer with that guy, but I have great friends and have had new supportive loves and always my awsome counselor. A few years and a lot of hard work later, I am doing so well. I still have attacks now and then, but they are much less frequent (every few days as opposed to daily) and far less intense. You're right, a sense of humor is a great tool when anxiety comes up!

Good luck in your journey toward peace and a bit of sanity. :)

Fellow neurotic,

Claudia