World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Carmen Jones

Please help me

Carmen Jones

Hi, long story short is I’ve been freaking out and not sleeping recently because I’m so scared of transmitting this disease. I recently hung out with an old friend and we didn’t have sex, but things heated up and he fingered me for a little bit. His boxers stayed on the entire time, and we never performed oral but I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 2 years ago and was just wondering what is the possibility I could have infected him? How often is HSV2 transmitted via fingering?  

WilsoInAus

Hey @Carmen Jones there was a big question over whether you have HSV-2 or not, did you get the IgG or a Westernblot done?

Carmen Jones

IGG. I’m positive I have HSV2. I never told him about my condition. I honestly didn’t even give him permission....it just kind of happened. Should I tell him? 

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, Carmen Jones said:

IGG. I’m positive I have HSV2. I never told him about my condition. I honestly didn’t even give him permission....it just kind of happened. Should I tell him? 

No, I would only tell him if you intend to have sex with him in the future. The odds are way to low for anything to have happened.

How regularly do you experience outbreaks?

Carmen Jones

Not often. I’ve never had a lesion but had one bump when I was originally diagnosed that just went away. I do experience tingling sometimes but that’s about it. That wasn’t happening when this occurred though. I don’t plan on having sex with him, I really didn’t even plan on thing going those far. But is fingering not considered the “skin to skin” contact that spreads it? I would feel terribly if I ever have someone this disease, but I haven’t mentioned it to him because I also don’t want to freak him out. 

WilsoInAus

@Carmen Jones the ‘skin to skin’ means direct contact of the shedded site and not via a finger, sex toy etc.

Hence the feasible risk here is to his finger, which would be a 1 in 10,000 chance of that.

I can’t help but wonder that you’re putting yourself through this with a high probability you do not have HSV-2. Did you get your full test results?

Carmen Jones

@WilsoInAus I did. I’m sure I do. The person who infected me also received the same results. I went through a 2 year depression because of my diagnoses and just don’t want to do that to anyone else. A finger isn’t direct contact? Or does it need to be genital to genital? 

WilsoInAus
13 minutes ago, Carmen Jones said:

@WilsoInAus I did. I’m sure I do. The person who infected me also received the same results. I went through a 2 year depression because of my diagnoses and just don’t want to do that to anyone else. A finger isn’t direct contact? Or does it need to be genital to genital? 

The finger is the direct point of contact. The trouble is that the skin is really thick on the pads of the fingers, the virus can't get through there. If it does, it usually gets in around the fingernail. This is a very rare event. If there's been nothing emerge in a week, then infection didn't happen.

And that's what I am afraid of for you. You do seem depressed and it continues to pale things for you. Why not get the Westernblot to remove all doubts around IgM and IgG false positive testing.

Carmen Jones

i didn’t know that. I’ve been reading quite a few websites and it seems that they’re adamant that any type of touching results in transmission. It’s been almost one week though so I guess I’ll check in after that. Thank you so much. I really respect your opinion. 

I plan on doing a western blot test soon. I just haven’t yet

T9000
3 hours ago, Carmen Jones said:

i didn’t know that. I’ve been reading quite a few websites and it seems that they’re adamant that any type of touching results in transmission. It’s been almost one week though so I guess I’ll check in after that. Thank you so much. I really respect your opinion. 

I plan on doing a western blot test soon. I just haven’t yet

Of course it can transfer on your hand, the question is would it be transmitting large enough quantities of the virus to actually infect someone genitally? I don't know, but personally I wouldn't risk it. I know it sucks, but if you're at the point where he's fingering you, you probably should have disclosed by now.

Carmen Jones

I never asked for this. I even told him to stop.