World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
neverbroken-alwaysgrowing

Confused about results

Posted (edited)

I had a full screen STI test about 4 months ago. All results were negative, except herpes 1 (which I already knew I've had). The last time I had intercouse was  4 1/2 months ago. I went to another doctor for a full screen about a month ago, just to be sure I was free and clear. Everything came back negative except herpes 1 & 2. I'm not having herpes symptoms that I've read about though. Both doctors told me that my symptoms didn't sound like herpes. I have full intentions of getting a third opinion, as I don't like the way the meds for herpes make me feel. Any advice? 

Edited by neverbroken-alwaysgrowing

WilsoInAus

Hey @neverbroken-alwaysgrowing and welcome to the website.

I suspect you may not have had the correct testing for your most recent test. Was it for IgG antibodies type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2 with two results?

I'm not sure...

WilsoInAus
39 minutes ago, neverbroken-alwaysgrowing said:

I'm not sure...

Ask for a printout is the results to examine carefully. All the answers may already be there.