World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Landman

Need Help Please (warning: pics)

Landman
Posted (edited)

Hey All,

ive been reading through this forum for a few days now. What an awesome community. All of you seem to be amazing people and so supportive. Therefore I am coming to you with my questions and scenario:

thing about me:

1) I’ve had oral HSV1 since I was about 3 years old. I get about 5+- cold sores a year on the bottom lip or in my nose. 

2) I’ve NEVER had vaginal unprotected sex. 

3) I am a male. I received unprotected oral sex from a female on Wednesday June 5th at 3pm. I came home and showered shortly after (probably 3:45 now), but realized I was out of normal soap. I stepped out of the shower to look for more under my sink. Found a antiseptic/antibacterial soap that is meant to wash an area before surgery (so a very strong soap). That’s all I had so I washed my body and genitals with this soap. Thursday night (about 30 hrs +-after the unprotected oral sex) I noticed a red-ish rash on the side of my penis. It was light red with a few small red bumps in it. The bumps where not together, they were scattered more or less. It looked rather mild to be honest. No other symptoms whatsoever. The bumps did NOT have white heads, just red bumps. 

I live in the desert and it’s hot so I sweat a lot. I’m also active in cycling and the gym, so first thought was jock itch or sweat rash. Then I thought it might be a minor allergic reaction to that surgical soap I used. THEN I thought maybe it’s Herpes because of the small bumps. I was freaking out to say the least. Panic attacks and the whole 9 yards.

(on a side note I road my bike on Saturday and it got a little worse (more red), which made me again think jock itch or sweat rash.)

The rash went completely away by Sunday late night (3 days after I first noticed it).  It’s now June 17th and I can’t stop wondering “was it HSV?”

My questions:

4) Since I already have HSV1 orally since I was a young boy, how likely is it for me to get it on my genitals from oral sex?

5) if the above answer is “very very low” then how likely is it that I might have picked up GHSV2 from receiving oral sex from this women ?

I know I can’t know for sure at this point, but I want to know if the odds are very very low, very low, low, medium, or high that my rash was GHSV1 or GHSV2

Thank you for taking the time and reading this. You all are wonderful people! I’m honest humbled reading through these forums here. 

I haven’t been able to sleep and I’m looking for some feed back. @WilsoInAus you seem to be very knowledgeable, pleas give me your thoughts if you can. 

Thank you all! 

Edited by Landman

WilsoInAus

@Landman happy to provide a few thoughts.

Given you have an established oral HSV-1, then the chances of obtaining a genital HSV-1 infection are greatly diminished. Totally negligible. There is no documented case of this happening for a male.

HSV-2 is rarely present orally. If it is, it rarely sheds at all and maybe not even in the quantity required for an infection.

You symptoms do not really suggest herpes, think of what happens for you orally, that's what you'd see genitally.

Hence the odds were very, very low of a genital herpes infection.

Landman
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Landman happy to provide a few thoughts.

Given you have an established oral HSV-1, then the chances of obtaining a genital HSV-1 infection are greatly diminished. Totally negligible. There is no documented case of this happening for a male.

HSV-2 is rarely present orally. If it is, it rarely sheds at all and maybe not even in the quantity required for an infection.

You symptoms do not really suggest herpes, think of what happens for you orally, that's what you'd see genitally.

Hence the odds were very, very low of a genital herpes infection.

Wow, thank you so much for the rapid response! I really appreciate your input and advice. You seem to be a real beacon here in the forum. People like you putting the time, care, and effort in to helping others is what makes this world a better place. Thank you. 

Edited by Landman

Landman

By the way I had this pop up on Saturday afternoon (after a bike ride 4 days ago) - pic below. Its a single really small red bump. You have the really stretch the skin out to be able to see what appears to be a white-ish color inside (with out really stretching the skin you can’t see any white coloring to the bump). It has not grown, itched, or anything. I don’t feel it at all. 

Pimple maybe ? Afraid to pop it, but considering what @WilsoInAus said about my situation, it’s very unlikely to be HSV - regardless I think everyone can understand the paranoia that can set in, so I thought I would get opinions. 

9EOarOB.jpg

HVZ9bBV.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts.

WilsoInAus

@Landman that looks most like a fordyce spot to me. Have a look at those. It’s it a little hard pearly ball inside there, then almost certainly a fordyce spot.

Landman
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Landman that looks most like a fordyce spot to me. Have a look at those. It’s it a little hard pearly ball inside there, then almost certainly a fordyce spot.

If I rub it, I feel a little bump. If I pinch the skin between my fingers where the bump is and rub it I surly feels a very-very small ball. But that being said, it’s so small it’s hard to be 100% sure about that.

Its very symmetrical and round when I don’t stretch the skin out. Considering the rubbing and pinching of the bump the skin on top of it is not delicate. If it was an HSV blister I figured the skin would be more fragile and would have popped or ozzed by the amount of pressure I put on it...what do you think?

also it’s not gotten any worse over the last few days that I’ve noticed it. It’s been exactly the same as far as I can tell. 

Edited by Landman

MiLoBeng
On 6/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, Landman said:

Hey All,

ive been reading through this forum for a few days now. What an awesome community. All of you seem to be amazing people and so supportive. Therefore I am coming to you with my questions and scenario:

thing about me:

1) I’ve had oral HSV1 since I was about 3 years old. I get about 5+- cold sores a year on the bottom lip or in my nose. 

2) I’ve NEVER had vaginal unprotected sex. 

3) I am a male. I received unprotected oral sex from a female on Wednesday June 5th at 3pm. I came home and showered shortly after (probably 3:45 now), but realized I was out of normal soap. I stepped out of the shower to look for more under my sink. Found a antiseptic/antibacterial soap that is meant to wash an area before surgery (so a very strong soap). That’s all I had so I washed my body and genitals with this soap. Thursday night (about 30 hrs +-after the unprotected oral sex) I noticed a red-ish rash on the side of my penis. It was light red with a few small red bumps in it. The bumps where not together, they were scattered more or less. It looked rather mild to be honest. No other symptoms whatsoever. The bumps did NOT have white heads, just red bumps. 

I live in the desert and it’s hot so I sweat a lot. I’m also active in cycling and the gym, so first thought was jock itch or sweat rash. Then I thought it might be a minor allergic reaction to that surgical soap I used. THEN I thought maybe it’s Herpes because of the small bumps. I was freaking out to say the least. Panic attacks and the whole 9 yards.

(on a side note I road my bike on Saturday and it got a little worse (more red), which made me again think jock itch or sweat rash.)

The rash went completely away by Sunday late night (3 days after I first noticed it).  It’s now June 17th and I can’t stop wondering “was it HSV?”

My questions:

4) Since I already have HSV1 orally since I was a young boy, how likely is it for me to get it on my genitals from oral sex?

5) if the above answer is “very very low” then how likely is it that I might have picked up GHSV2 from receiving oral sex from this women ?

I know I can’t know for sure at this point, but I want to know if the odds are very very low, very low, low, medium, or high that my rash was GHSV1 or GHSV2

Thank you for taking the time and reading this. You all are wonderful people! I’m honest humbled reading through these forums here. 

I haven’t been able to sleep and I’m looking for some feed back. @WilsoInAus you seem to be very knowledgeable, pleas give me your thoughts if you can. 

Thank you all! 

Just go and get yourself tested if you want to be 100% sure. You're most probably at risk for gonorrhea/chlamydia since you're having unprotected oral sex. Test result always beat symptoms observation. Good luck

Landman
Posted (edited)

Just as an update @WilsoInAus @MiLoBeng I went and got a full STI test. Since The possibility of getting HSV2 from receiving oral sex is extremely-extremely low, i decided to get tested to see maybe some of my other previous sexual encounters that included protected vaginal sex might have still exposed me to HSV2 or other STIs. All these encounters were at least 3 month ago.

Tests came back negative (including igg HSV2). As explained in my first post I’ve had OHSV1 since I was very young so that test came pack as positive, which I was expecting. Otherwise, everything else was negative.

So all things considered i think I’m safe to assume I don’t have HSV2. That being said, anyone new I have sexual contact with I will let them know that there is a very small (less then 1%) likelyhood that I have HSV2 and I will explain my story that I shared in my first post. Do you agree that this would be the right thing to do?

A big thanks to both of you for taking the time to talk with me and everyone else. This community is amazing.

Edited by Landman

MiLoBeng
35 minutes ago, Landman said:

Just as an update @WilsoInAus @MiLoBeng I went and got a full STI test. Since The possibility of getting HSV2 from receiving oral sex is extremely-extremely low, i decided to get tested to see maybe some of my other previous sexual encounters that included protected vaginal sex might have still exposed me to HSV2 or other STIs. All these encounters were at least 3 month ago.

Tests came back negative (including igg HSV2). As explained in my first post I’ve had OHSV1 since I was very young so that test came pack as positive, which I was expecting. 

So all things considered i think I’m safe to assume I don’t have HSV2. That being said, anyone new I have sexual contact with I will let them know that there is a very small (less then 1%) likelyhood that I have HSV2 and I will explain my story that I shared in my first post. Do you agree that this would be the right thing to do?

A big thanks to both of you for taking the time to talk with me and everyone else. This community is amazing.

It's safe to say that you're HSV-2 negative since you've tested right after 3 months of last sexual encounter. Just be careful when having oral sex with any new partner since you're positive for OHSV-1. Play safe and stay healthy. 

Landman
1 minute ago, MiLoBeng said:

It's safe to say that you're HSV-2 negative since you've tested right after 3 months of last sexual encounter. Just be careful when having oral sex with any new partner since you're positive for OHSV-1. Play safe and stay healthy. 

Yea I’ve always disclosed my ohsv1.