World's Largest Herpes Support Group
CheekyMunkey

Is This Herpes? Any advice would be great. Pic

CheekyMunkey
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Well I never thought Id be writing something like this but here I am. So Ive generally been quite good when it comes to sexual health but I feel like Ive made a mistake recently and probably got carried away.

At the start of June go got chatting to someone and we went on a date. She ended up coming back to mine. We had sex with a condom and she gave me oral (without a condom). We then met again later in the week (8th June). We again had sex with a condom and performed oral on each other without a condom etc.That was fine. However over the next couple of days I felt a little rough. We havent seen each other since. The next couple of days I just felt pretty tired and had what felt like a fever on and off. Im also suffering from hayfever so that would probably be part of it so my throats been pretty rough for the last month or so. I do however have cloudy pee which I think I may have had before I slept with her but I cannot be sure. I do however have ichyness all over my body. My hands, arms, shoulders, legs, crease of buttocks and thighs a bit more. Along my waist line round the back etc but no rash/sores/blisters etc. I went for a test on Tuesday and they did take a look at my genitals etc and said they couldnt see anything. However, around my penis tip it looks a little discoloured and darker. Like the ring around it. Im not sure when this might have happened as Ive never really looked that closely. The itchyness continues. Ive continually check my mouth, legs, but, genitals  to the point where Im going mad.

Im kinda freaking out. I should get my results in a couple of days. I just wanted to share some pics (Ive added links below). So there are two of rashes on my bottom. Now Im pretty sure Ive always had these and they just come and go. I also have taken a picture of my throat which Ive never done before. In the pic you can see yellow patches on my throat. Is that normal? Also, when looking at the pic you can see some small white dots at the back on the right hand side. Is that herpes? I literally have no pain. Just itchiness. What do you guys think? Even with the spots on my bottom they are not full of puss or liquid and do not hurt.

Ive added some links below to the areas I have mentioned. Any advice would be great. Ill have my results in a couple of days but its causing serious levels of stress. There is one pic that had a white head on a spot but I was able to pull that away. It was like some dry skin or something. 

https://ibb.co/8PBRphd
https://ibb.co/s5dWwSZ
https://ibb.co/2nyHxCP

Edited by CheekyMunkey

CheekyMunkey
Posted (edited)

Deleted. I have added links to images above.

Edited by CheekyMunkey

WilsoInAus

Hey @CheekyMunkey and welcome to the website.

There is nothing much to worry about in terms of herpes from your pics.

That is almost certainly a bit of folliculitis on your butt.

If you have concerns regarding herpes though, then maybe it is the time for mutual STD testing so you can take the sexual relationship to the next level with confidence.

CheekyMunkey
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @CheekyMunkey and welcome to the website.

There is nothing much to worry about in terms of herpes from your pics.

That is almost certainly a bit of folliculitis on your butt.

If you have concerns regarding herpes though, then maybe it is the time for mutual STD testing so you can take the sexual relationship to the next level with confidence.

Hi mate. 

Thank you for responding. I do feel better but I think the oral might be the issue. I was looking at my tongue and it looks white. Well whiter than normal. Also about 3 days ago I had a really sharp pain in my tongue which lasted like seconds. Later in the day when I saw it it had like a line cut into it. Is it a lesion? I have no pain in my tongue at all, no fluid filled sores but I noticed that Its shape isn't right. Like a bits missing on the tip of the right hand side. I've added two pics. It looks whiter in the pics then it actually is but I noticed red dots all down near the tip. Could that be something? Herpes? Also, where the tongue goes out of shape there is nothing on that side. I did burn my mouth on some pizza on the day I felt that sharp pain so not sure if that's got something to do with it. 

https://ibb.co/zhphnMD

https://ibb.co/G0pPRLh

Thanks in advance.

WilsoInAus

@CheekyMunkey there is absolutely no way you, me or anyone has any chance of diagnosing what issues inside the mouth might be. There are simply too many issues that create similar looking outcomes.

All I can say is that issues inside the mouth are way, way less likely to be related to herpes compared to if you were having issues on the lips.

blurneworder
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CheekyMunkey said:

Hi mate. 

Thank you for responding. I do feel better but I think the oral might be the issue. I was looking at my tongue and it looks white. Well whiter than normal. Also about 3 days ago I had a really sharp pain in my tongue which lasted like seconds. Later in the day when I saw it it had like a line cut into it. Is it a lesion? I have no pain in my tongue at all, no fluid filled sores but I noticed that Its shape isn't right. Like a bits missing on the tip of the right hand side. I've added two pics. It looks whiter in the pics then it actually is but I noticed red dots all down near the tip. Could that be something? Herpes? Also, where the tongue goes out of shape there is nothing on that side. I did burn my mouth on some pizza on the day I felt that sharp pain so not sure if that's got something to do with it. 

https://ibb.co/zhphnMD

https://ibb.co/G0pPRLh

Thanks in advance.

Your symptoms and photos match exactly what I've been dealing with on and off since October 2018 after I had a a really bad flu that brought about tingling on my lips. It felt like a cold sore was going to develop, but a bunch of tiny white bumps showed up that doctors have yet to fully explain what it is. I also have a constant feeling of a dry, chapped upper lip. A few weeks later the white tongue showed up. I'm also currently dealing with a change in taste in my mouth.

I eventually tested positive fro HSV1 months later, but I don't know where on my body it is.

I also have discoloration on my the tip of my penis.

One dentist told me I had bacteria covering my tongue, and another dentist said nothing looked suspicious. I also get the cut on my tongue.  Prepare yourself for a journey of doctors telling you that you look normal when, in fact, you do not.

Edited by blurneworder

WilsoInAus
4 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Your symptoms and photos match exactly what I've been dealing with on and off since October 2018 after I had a a really bad flu that brought about tingling on my lips. 

I eventually tested positive fro HSV1 months later, but I don't know where on my body it is.

One dentist told me I had bacteria covering my tongue, and another dentist said nothing looked suspicious. I also get the cut on my tongue.  Prepare yourself for that journey of doctors telling you that you look normal when, in fact, you do not.

Hang on, there is no "I" in "support" what happens to one individual is of absolutely no diagnostic value to another individual. Only the collective experience of people can be brought to bare as support.

It is not a fact that this is an abnormal looking tongue, that's a matter of opinion. I think it looks normal to me. But that does not matter.

This is not a thread for your self validation nor to add your own confusion to that of someone that is here for support. We need them to progress toward their own diagnosis and be open to the possibilities.

blurneworder
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hang on, there is no "I" in "support" what happens to one individual is of absolutely no diagnostic value to another individual. Only the collective experience of people can be brought to bare as support.

It is not a fact that this is an abnormal looking tongue, that's a matter of opinion. I think it looks normal to me. But that does not matter.

This is not a thread for your self validation nor to add your own confusion to that of someone that is here for support. We need them to progress toward their own diagnosis and be open to the possibilities.

I wouldn’t want to support him by letting him know he’s not alone in his symptoms.

Stupid me for trying to relate.

Edited by blurneworder

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

I wouldn’t want to support him by letting him know he’s not alone in his symptoms.

Stupid me for trying to relate.

No it’s not for any lack of kindness in relating to symptoms - that’s the great support we need - it’s the inference that HSV was causative when that’s not clear for you or him - not is there any need at this time to be clear.

CheekyMunkey

Hey Both,

Thank you both for your input. I checked my results and noticed the silly Dr never even ticked off herpes. He checked my genital area visually and said it was fine. I never showed him my mouth so Im having to go back again...sigh...For them to do the test all over again.

I had a look at my mouth this morning and there looks to be some yellow patches under my top lip. I can only see them when I really tug out my lip and turn it inside out. They are not very noticeable in colour.and are translucent.  KInda see through and still have blood vessels running through them. I think Im preparing myself for the worst and I feel like an absolute idiot. A couple of minutes of pleasure and I may have set myself up for a virus for life. I guess if it is positive I should let the other party know. seeing shes the one who past it on. Hoping its not but lets see.

Im just afraid of giving it to friends/family and whoever I end up in a relationship with...IF I end up in a relationship. Just turned 40 and I guess this is my gift.

Ill keep you guys posted when the results do come through. The results did get say I dont have Gonnerehha or Clamydia... I guess thats silver lining but I kinda wish I had one of those as they do have a cure...

Anyways. Wish me luck, Heading back to the clinic in a hour. Ill post an update when I know.

CheekyMunkey

So an update. 

I asked why I hadn't been blood tested for herpes and the Dr said it's because I have no symptoms. I'm negative for all the other tests. I showed him everything. Literally went through everything. Even a mark on my neck lol. Anyways, he checked my mouth and said it all looked fine. I showed him the yellow patches under my lip and he said it was from me pulling soo hard that I was forcing the membrane to be seen through the skin. If they were blisters I would feel them. They have no pain.

He said my tongue just looked dehydrated and like I had possibly some thrush and that it should settle. He said your anxiety levels are way to high. Basically I'm seeing what I want to see and have just over exhausted myself mentally. 

I'll still keep my eyes open over the next couple of months. Hopefully I'm all good. Just another lesson to make sexual health a priority. 

Just want to say thanks for your input guys. Its great to know support is out there and this forum is a great place. @WilsoInAus and @blurneworder

blurneworder

Not showing symptoms does not mean you don't have herpes.

CheekyMunkey

He said I do have herpes as I told him I had coldsores as a child. He also said that your immunity does get better to the virus if you've had it before.

Anyway. Let's see. He did check me over very thoroughly. I will wait 2-3 months and see if there are any symptoms. I'll also get a home kit that I can send off to be completely sure and go back for a follow up test. 

percival112

Hi @CheekyMunkey. Good to hear about your results. Have you been using a GUM clinic or a private physician?

CheekyMunkey

Hey @percival112. I've visited the GUM clinic twice this week. I don't bother going to regular physicians for this stuff as generally they are not soo good at recognising specific STD symptoms. So I visit the GUM first to tick off STDs. Ill then go to a regular GP for any other symptoms later.

percival112

Thanks for your reply @CheekyMunkey. Allow me to ask another question. The "home kit" you are planning on getting - am I correct in assuming it's through a private provider? Are you planning on taking a swab? Or a blood test? Or both? Do you mind sharing who the provider is via PM? I'm interested in this and have been compiling a small list of resources trying to fish out for the best deals around.

CheekyMunkey
53 minutes ago, percival112 said:

Thanks for your reply @CheekyMunkey. Allow me to ask another question. The "home kit" you are planning on getting - am I correct in assuming it's through a private provider? Are you planning on taking a swab? Or a blood test? Or both? Do you mind sharing who the provider is via PM? I'm interested in this and have been compiling a small list of resources trying to fish out for the best deals around.

Hi @percival112. No  problem. Im not sure what country you are in but Im from the UK. Here we get free home kits for STDs via national heathcasre but for some reason when it comes to herpes they will not test unless there are symptoms. This is what the Dr at the GUM clinic told me too. If I can find a provider it will be a blood test as thats the only way to test for herpes if you dont really have symptoms. Ill have to investigate this. One part of me doesnt really want to test for it...but I guess I do want to know. Ill drop you a PM should I find one but I think Ill wait a few months as from what Ive read it might take 2-3 months to actually be traceable. 

Quest

I have both HSV2 and keratosis pilaaris. Mine is red yours is white. It can be either color.

That's keratosis pilaaris in my opinion because it involves so many follicles that are clogged with protien, but I don't really see red infection around follicles. Straw colored in one tiny small area is indicative of t-cells. It can be red bumps or white bumps. 

Let me know if you want a detailed description of HSV in comparison. You will start to learn the difference very easily if it's a full breakout. 

White tongues are usually yeast.

The difference between canker and OHSV 

Not that you have this. It may help someone else. 

CheekyMunkey
Posted (edited)

Hi @Quest. Watched the video and it was useful but I'm over analysing as usual. I did forget to mention one thing about those tongue pics. A day before I think I bought some Listerine. When I rinsed my mouth it was like fire. I think that flared things up.

Hey @WilsoInAus. I do have an update. I had no further symptoms until yesterday early evening. Got home and used some watered down Listerine. It was more manageable this time but about 30 mins after I started getting tingling/soreness at the tip of my tongue. I then used a little more diluted Listerine before bed which stung.  This morning I woke up and noticed this

https://ibb.co/j5ZFGkm

I had a really dry month at this point. Again, the Listerine no doubt. It felt like a sore but it's soo tiny. Also looked more like skin then a sore but with the stinging pain of a sore. I used a little more diluted mouthwash. Later in the day it looked like this

https://ibb.co/KFDsckg

The same but a bit more hydrated. A little while later I got pissed off and started scrapping it with my nail and it came off. Underneath it was an even smaller sore. It's soo small so can't tell what it is. Herpes or a mini canker or have I just irritated my mouth with mouthwash. I can hardly feel anything now. This is what it looks like now. 

https://ibb.co/bvDQ1DY

You can see how small it is. Any ideas? I'm going to give it a day and if it's gotten worse or remains I'm heading back to the clinic for a swab and beg them to do blood tests for HSV. I'm not sure how long herpes tongue sores are supposed to remain for so I need to catch it while I can.

Edited by CheekyMunkey
Spelling

WilsoInAus

Hey @CheekyMunkey although sores in the mouth are very hard to diagnose without swabbing and expert assistance, the only thing I can really tell you is that almost every tongue sore like that is an ulcer that we pretty much all get from time to time. 

You may very well have an oral HSV-1 infection but that won’t mean what you are experiencing is related.

Do you smoke?

CheekyMunkey

Hey @WilsoInAus. Thanks for coming back to me. I'm bringing to believe I definitely have something. My pee is still cloudy and I'm still getting itchy hands which I have been washing more.  Every other std test came back negative. I also read that mouthwash can actually burn and cause the tongue/mouth to flair up. I used it twice today but I'll stop tomorrow and see what happens.

No I don't smoke. Rarely drink alcohol either. My diet isn't too bad however I have been eating more protein foods recently as I'm trying to put on muscle. May not have no correlation. 

In your experience, do you know how long sores like this often stick around if they are herpes or is it different for everyone.

I appreciate you and everyone taking the time to respond to me. It's really helpful 🙂

WilsoInAus

@CheekyMunkey if we are talking about a primary infection then you can expect multiple sores rolling on for about 2-3 weeks. If recurrent, such as if you have had HSV-1 since childhood for example, then this is usually a single lesion that will last about a week plus fading time.

Note that herpes lesions are quite active, quite rapidly changing through their phases.

Quest

Anything acidic can trigger canker sores.

Just doesn't look like HSV to me.

Up to you if you want to wait 12 wks for HSV testing.

Superb pic

CheekyMunkey

Thanks @Quest and @WilsoInAus. Im grateful for all your input.

Ill see if any other sores do show up over the rest of this week. I have had single sores before which have come and gone over a week. I used to use Corsydol which used to do the job over a couple of days. This Listerine stuff is just brutal. My current sore has no pain now but it still there.

Im still getting the itching. Ill also give my bed sheets a wash to rule those out.

Ill tell you what I have noticed and this might be completely not related. I often have had issues passing urine as in its never really free flowing which Ive put down to prostate issues. However, since all these symptoms  have happened my pee is flowing better then ever. Doesnt feel like I need to force it or anything. Sorry a little detailed I know lol. Im due a 40 year full check up actually. Ill book one of those in too. 

Quest

Washing hands often will dry them out and they will itch more. Put some good hand lotion on.