World's Largest Herpes Support Group
CheekyMunkey

Is This Herpes? Any advice would be great. Pic

Muscha

I assure you I'm not Wilso.  Nice try.  But he has given me some excellent guidance and I'm appreciative of that. 

T9000
2 hours ago, Muscha said:

Which is one of the reasons Wilso is so valuable to this forum   He helps  guide those by helping them navigate through the mazes created by anxiety and panic and lack of knowledge.

He can't help people with hypochondria. They need to see a professional.

CheekyMunkey
12 hours ago, T9000 said:

Honestly if you're going to the doctor this much for minor things just because you think it might be herpes, it might be a good idea to address your medical anxiety. It sounds like you might be driving yourself crazy, and that's not good.

Im a worrier. Nothing wrong with that. However, it is how I am. We all deal with things in different ways. I still think I have contracted HSV2 as I also have some other symptoms like a knotted stomach which is creating crazy levels of nausea/poor mental clarity and bloating to the point where Im struggling to do a poo. Yes, it could be self induced  by stress but this morning I woke up with severe leg itching which had nearly vanished during the day. Somethings not right and I can feel it. Ive been stressed out before and never felt like this. Im clear for every other STD.  I have to wait a little longer to get tested as its just shy of 4 weeks. The Poll thread is a great example of how people who lack  typical symptoms have also tested positive. This all started after my exposure and there is no way I would make this stuff up to stress myself out. Ive been in this position before with past sexual encounters but the anxiety/symptoms vanish over a few days.

Anyways, we are all on our own journeys. Maybe some things just mean more to some people than others. 

blurneworder
5 hours ago, CheekyMunkey said:

Im a worrier. Nothing wrong with that. However, it is how I am. We all deal with things in different ways. I still think I have contracted HSV2 as I also have some other symptoms like a knotted stomach which is creating crazy levels of nausea/poor mental clarity and bloating to the point where Im struggling to do a poo. Yes, it could be self induced  by stress but this morning I woke up with severe leg itching which had nearly vanished during the day. Somethings not right and I can feel it. Ive been stressed out before and never felt like this. Im clear for every other STD.  I have to wait a little longer to get tested as its just shy of 4 weeks. The Poll thread is a great example of how people who lack  typical symptoms have also tested positive. This all started after my exposure and there is no way I would make this stuff up to stress myself out. Ive been in this position before with past sexual encounters but the anxiety/symptoms vanish over a few days.

Anyways, we are all on our own journeys. Maybe some things just mean more to some people than others. 

I went through a similar situation as you.

Nobody knows your body better then you. Don’t believe the people on this website who try to tell you otherwise

WilsoInAus
5 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Nobody knows your body better then you. Don’t believe the people on this website who try to tell you otherwise

My goodness what a sight, look that bus is about to run down a person who tested negatibe for herpes. But wait, the driver has been just infected with herpes by her and is convulsing swerving the bus. Oh he’s puked all over the front window, look at all the bits of carrot of fear, intimidation, misinformation and misdirection.

Is it the porcelain bus? Noooo it’s rhe herpes fantasy bus on it’s magical mystery tour of the day, a ticket to take me for a trip upon his magic swirling ship... all my senses...

CheekyMunkey
5 hours ago, blurneworder said:

I know mate. I definitely feel somethings not right. Ive had a slipped disk in my back before so I think Im dealing with that nerve damage as well as the herpes.

I keep looking at historical messages from this girl who I feel gave this to me. She mentioned a few times that she has UTIs quite often due to a small urethra which are susceptible to trapping bacteria hence why she goes on antibiotics. I read that sometimes herpes inside the urethra can sometimes be misdiagnosed as just a urine infection....It all makes sense now. I wish I paid more attention. We had only slept together once at this point. No oral and just protected sex. Its so disheartening.

Wilso answered my questions to the best of his knowledge and I appreciate that but I can tell somethings up. Irony is the more I read about diagnosis I realise a lot of Drs do not even diagnose correctly half the time.

blurneworder
8 minutes ago, CheekyMunkey said:

I know mate. I definitely feel somethings not right. Ive had a slipped disk in my back before so I think Im dealing with that nerve damage as well as the herpes.

I keep looking at historical messages from this girl who I feel gave this to me. She mentioned a few times that she has UTIs quite often due to a small urethra which are susceptible to trapping bacteria hence why she goes on antibiotics. I read that sometimes herpes inside the urethra can sometimes be misdiagnosed as just a urine infection....It all makes sense now. I wish I paid more attention. We had only slept together once at this point. No oral and just protected sex. Its so disheartening.

Wilso answered my questions to the best of his knowledge and I appreciate that but I can tell somethings up. Irony is the more I read about diagnosis I realise a lot of Drs do not even diagnose correctly half the time.

Doctors are bad at identifying the not obvious symptoms. The girl who gave this to me said she suffers frequent bacterial vaginosis, which is a symptom of genital herpes

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Doctors are bad at identifying the not obvious symptoms. The girl who gave this to me said she suffers frequent bacterial vaginosis, which is a symptom of genital herpes

Why do you insist on leaving out the fact that she tested negative for herpes? It is manipulative and misinformation.

BV is its own independent condition.

And that’s the whole point with you ! Simply because this girl had herpes as an open possibility in her mind that was closed out by a BV diagnosis and negative herpes testing - it has created a clusterfuck fantasy in your mind.

CheekyMunkey
10 hours ago, blurneworder said:

It will be 4 weeks this weekend so Im going to book a Drs appointment. I cant deal with the not knowing. I dont want to know  if I have it but I got to move forward. I messaged the girl again and she said shes had those the urine infections since she was a child and been to hospital about it etc. Shes very confident it doesnt have anything to do with herpes. She also said since shes been single she hasnt tested for it either due to not having symptoms but shes completely normal. No issuses/symptoms what so ever. If I do have it I really wish its HSV-1 on the genitals and not HSV-2 as Ive ready HSV-1 is less prone to outbreaks and Ive had Oral coldsores as a childs so I should have HSV-1 already.

WilsoInAus

@CheekyMunkey you need to fight the fear. The projection is unreal. Focus on the rational here.

First, males are super immune to a genital HSV-1 infection if they already have an established oral infection.

Second, the UK has the lowest incidence in the world for HSV-2.

Third, the UTI issues described are not uncommon for women and no indicator of their herpes status.

CheekyMunkey

@WilsoInAus Hi Mate. I do appreciate your rational view on this. I really to appreciate it. I just have some other symptoms which I am genuinely feeling. They may not be herpes but they do seem similar to the accounts made my other people.

The only way to truly know is to get tested even though that doesn't seem clear cut. Is there a specific type of test I should request? I have no blisters/sores etc. So it will have to be blood. Urine tests are not great? Once again, any advise would be great. Id imagine 4 weeks would so something in a test now.