World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sadlife

I need help, feeling depressing about it

Sadlife

I was diagnosed since last month  and I feel like my life is gone. No future. Keep thinking about it everyday. Can't get over it. 

brookeb300
1 hour ago, Sadlife said:

I was diagnosed since last month  and I feel like my life is gone. No future. Keep thinking about it everyday. Can't get over it. 

Me too

Jaz2768

Me to. Feel like my life is over all because of some wreckless asshole.

i have not been diagnosed but I started getting  symptoms a few weeks ago. And it’s definitely it! It took 9 months for it to show up. 

I don’t need a doctor to tell me what I already know and truth is I don’t want to hear those words. This is the first I’ve admitted it.Such a lonely feeling. I feel horrible disgusting  I’d never tell anyone and I feel my life has ended. It’s impossible to even think of going on with life this way  😪

blurneworder
2 hours ago, Jaz2768 said:

i have not been diagnosed but I started getting  symptoms a few weeks ago. And it’s definitely it! It took 9 months for it to show up. 

I don’t need a doctor to tell me what I already know and truth is I don’t want to hear those words. This is the first I’ve admitted it.Such a lonely feeling. I feel horrible disgusting  I’d never tell anyone and I feel my life has ended. It’s impossible to even think of going on with life this way  😪

what are your symptoms?

T9000

Unfortunately all you can do is feel better with time and learn to live with it. It's sad that there's no help available for us or no effort put forth for prevention. 

Aries86
Posted (edited)

I personally took it very well when I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I wasn’t mad, upset or anything like that. I resolved to be pragmatic and  just accepted it. My thinking was I willingly shared my body and had to accept some responsibility. Not everyone with HSV  knows about it and also not everyone is honest. It’s a risk you take when you sleep with someone. Accept it. It’s better that way trust me. Whether the person who infected me knew about it or not was irrelevant at that point. I was burned either way and it made ZERO difference. Instead of wasting my energy being bitter and resentful, I learned all I could about HSV and decided that suppressive treatment was the best option for me. It doesn’t really bother me. Only recently has it started to slightly bother me since I started on hormone birth control.  It occasionally causes aching muscles, muscle twitches and fatigue but that’s about it. I date and live like a normal person. Sometimes happiness is an act of defiance. Be happy, HSV does not define you. How you live your life is up to you. You could be happy or miserable, its entirely up to you. Millions of people live with this virus all over the world and lead normal lives. It’s not the end of the world. Cheer up. 

Edited by Aries86

Cas9
3 hours ago, Jaz2768 said:

So you're 100% certain you have hsv, and accepting of all the sadness you feel as a result, yet you wont go to a doctor to make sure what you believe is actually true. What if you turned out to be wrong. That would be huge!  Instead, you rather suffer, instead of risking being told that you do indeed have hsv. Does that make sense?

Landman
9 hours ago, Cas9 said:

So you're 100% certain you have hsv, and accepting of all the sadness you feel as a result, yet you wont go to a doctor to make sure what you believe is actually true. What if you turned out to be wrong. That would be huge!  Instead, you rather suffer, instead of risking being told that you do indeed have hsv. Does that make sense?

Great advise! Get tested and regardless be calm. Happiness is a choice. 

The

Gah, Hate to see people bummed out about it like this 😕

Keep your head up you're not alone OP. Just remember, you're not alone. it could have been WAY worse. Thats what keeps me going atleast.

Unreal. All we need is a way to guarantee blocked transmission. THATS ALL. Problem solved. Not a cure, not a magic spell. Hell if they gave us ANYTHING that 100% blocks transmission, even if it only works for like 24 hours at a time, this website would be completely empty tomorrow. This thing has been around since ancient greece and they STILL cant think of anything... Hep, Shingles, Pox, HPV, the Flu,...one after the other after the other and we still can't catch a single break after a century of research. You could even survive EBOLA and go back to your normal life afterwards like nothing happened.  Think about that.

A virus that wipes out entire villages = wow close call glad i'm alive.

A virus that wipes out 1/2 mm of skin and then hides away for months= my life is over

"Mild condition".... please. If it was so mild we should have kicked its ass by now. Atleast to the point where no one would even care if they got it. People shouldn't have to feel like theyve been paralyzed or gruesomely disfigured over something minor like this this.

Jaz2768
18 hours ago, Cas9 said:

I’m so certain I have every symptom it looks exactly like it. Believe me I did not want to believe it but everything else is ruled out. I’m 110% certain there’s no chance it’s anything but hsv

Jaz2768
20 hours ago, blurneworder said:

what are your symptoms?

3 hours ago, The said:

Gah, Hate to see people bummed out about it like this 😕

Keep your head up you're not alone OP. Just remember, you're not alone. it could have been WAY worse. Thats what keeps me going atleast.

Unreal. All we need is a way to guarantee blocked transmission. THATS ALL. Problem solved. Not a cure, not a magic spell. Hell if they gave us ANYTHING that 100% blocks transmission, even if it only works for like 24 hours at a time, this website would be completely empty tomorrow. This thing has been around since ancient greece and they STILL cant think of anything... Hep, Shingles, Pox, HPV, the Flu,...one after the other after the other and we still can't catch a single break after a century of research. You could even survive EBOLA and go back to your normal life afterwards like nothing happened.  Think about that.

A virus that wipes out entire villages = wow close call glad i'm alive.

A virus that wipes out 1/2 mm of skin and then hides away for months= my life is over

"Mild condition".... please. If it was so mild we should have kicked its ass by now. Atleast to the point where no one would even care if they got it. People shouldn't have to feel like theyve been paralyzed or gruesomely disfigured over something minor like this this.

End of the day this virus effects millions if not billions of people, what does that mean? HUGE money for the pharmaceutical companies! All these people on meds for the rest of their lives. Why would they release a one time cure when they are making so much money from people having this virus not to mention anti depressant medication that can go along with it and the long term Heath effects this can lead to making more money for the pharmaceutical companies. As long as this virus is raking in billions of $$ there will unfortunately never be a cure released. That just now and then give a bit of hope then take it away acting like they are trying. This is just the reality of the messed up world we live in.

Jaz2768
20 hours ago, blurneworder said:

what are your symptoms?

Started off with a tingling, stinging feeling for a few weeks that didn’t seem to go away. Aching body, many months later more areas of stinging and tingling and saw that I had what looked like open blisters popping up it hasn’t stopped for weeks now. Also just feeling tired and drained and get back pain and muscle pains in my upper legs. By looking at pics of herpes it looks like it exactly 😪 still cannot believe this has happened 

Cas9
1 hour ago, Jaz2768 said:

I’m so certain I have every symptom it looks exactly like it. Believe me I did not want to believe it but everything else is ruled out. I’m 110% certain there’s no chance it’s anything but hsv

I don't care how certain you are; When it's something this important, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT CONFIRMED BY A DOCTOR!!

I also disagree with your sentiment about big pharma and them not wanting a cure. The evidence does not support that belief. Curing herpes has not occurred because it is DIFFICULT. Have you learned anything about the research for curing the virus?

You're also far too negative saying that your life is over. People with hsv go on to have relationships, marriage, and children. Do you think the billions of herpes sufferers are all lonely single people without sex lives?

Cas9
2 hours ago, Jaz2768 said:

Started off with a tingling, stinging feeling for a few weeks that didn’t seem to go away. Aching body, many months later more areas of stinging and tingling and saw that I had what looked like open blisters popping up it hasn’t stopped for weeks now. Also just feeling tired and drained and get back pain and muscle pains in my upper legs. By looking at pics of herpes it looks like it exactly 😪 still cannot believe this has happened 

If you do have herpes, you'll want the option to take an antiviral medication like Valtrex for example. You'll need to have your issue confirmed by a doctor to get the medication.

The
1 hour ago, Jaz2768 said:

End of the day this virus effects millions if not billions of people, what does that mean? HUGE money for the pharmaceutical companies! All these people on meds for the rest of their lives. Why would they release a one time cure when they are making so much money from people having this virus not to mention anti depressant medication that can go along with it and the long term Heath effects this can lead to making more money for the pharmaceutical companies. As long as this virus is raking in billions of $$ there will unfortunately never be a cure released. That just now and then give a bit of hope then take it away acting like they are trying. This is just the reality of the messed up world we live in.

But I'm not even talking about a cure lol. Even worse. All we need is atleast some form of advanced treatment that could give people their old lives back.

Its been 100 fkn years and all we have is ONE PILL that is effectively worthless for 80% of the people who have it, as most barely even have symptoms anyway. That is incredible. A full century and not one approved form of alternative treatment. Its a joke.

I'd happily drain my pockets to big pharma and take a daily shot or chew a pill for the rest of my existence if it meant I didnt have to disclose this "minor skin condition" to anyone. Ppl shouldnt feel the need to eliminate 85% of their dating pool and live a secret life over some weak, annoying bug.

Also, This thread should really be in the rant and rave section

Jaz2768
6 minutes ago, The said:

But I'm not even talking about a cure lol. Even worse. All we need is atleast some form of advanced treatment that could give people their old lives back.

Its been 100 fkn years and all we have is ONE PILL that is effectively worthless for 80% of the people who have it, as most barely even have symptoms anyway. That is incredible. A full century and not one approved form of alternative treatment. Its a joke.

I'd happily drain my pockets to big pharma and take a daily shot or chew a pill for the rest of my existence if it meant I didnt have to disclose this "minor skin condition" to anyone. Ppl shouldnt feel the need to eliminate 85% of their dating pool and live a secret life over some weak, annoying bug.

Also, This thread should really be in the rant and rave section

Sorry I’m new to this lol I didn’t know there was a rant and rave section. 

I understand and it’s so unfortunate. I was always terrified of catching something like this and like most of us here probably never thought it would happen to us and dealing with an incurable virus that does change your life forever. 

Who knows if that day will even come when there will be a better treatment. For now I won’t be going on meds and supporting the big pharma’s. Let’s hope someone other than them can find a way to kill this thing until then I sure won’t be dating I cannot even think of risking giving it to someone else.

Sunflower07
On 6/26/2019 at 8:19 AM, Jaz2768 said:

I actually found that talking to my physician helped ease some of the scariness I initially felt when I was diagnosed in the ER.  Not only that, a doctor can provide you antivirals that shortened my first OB into just a few (still horrible) days. I've heard untreated OBs can last weeks, so the medication will really help you physically! I encourage you to speak to a doctor for your physical pain, and your mindset.  I am nonetheless still struggling with my diagnosis, but can tell you talking to a physician about this disease really helped me.

T9000
18 hours ago, Sunflower07 said:

I actually found that talking to my physician helped ease some of the scariness I initially felt when I was diagnosed in the ER.  Not only that, a doctor can provide you antivirals that shortened my first OB into just a few (still horrible) days. I've heard untreated OBs can last weeks, so the medication will really help you physically! I encourage you to speak to a doctor for your physical pain, and your mindset.  I am nonetheless still struggling with my diagnosis, but can tell you talking to a physician about this disease really helped me.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of don't people don't have that experience. They feel dismissed and ignored.

CheekyMunkey
On 7/3/2019 at 8:15 PM, T9000 said:

Unfortunately it seems a lot of don't people don't have that experience. They feel dismissed and ignored.

So I was speaking to a Dr about it. He's checking all my symptoms but believes I do not have herpes. He thought it was Heptitus so is checking everything but has refused to blood test herpee. He also said 'so what if you do have it?'. I mentioned the stigma etc. I said 'If I walked in to a bar and said hey I have genital herpes, how do you think that would go down?'. He then smirked a little before continuing with his who cares attitude. Society and pharma have turned genital herpes into the boogeyman. I need to get my blood tested privately. I havent had any blisters/sores but for the last 4 weeks after sex with a random Ive been itching all over. Mainly in the legs. Had a full check up in a&e today regarding a dodgy stomach. They said I was fine. I mentioned potentially having herpes. They dismissed it. So lll need to pay for a test somewhere. I would dismiss it being herpes but the fact that I was fine and this happened after that incident I feel like I have it. I've never felt like this before. Just have to be strong. I'm going to try going vegetarian for a week. See if it helps.

CheekyMunkey
On 6/26/2019 at 1:42 PM, Jaz2768 said:

Hey. Can I ask where your stinging and tingling was? Just in your genitals? Or somewhere else? Where did the blisters appear? Sorry just trying to understand the symptoms.