World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
blurneworder

Who else with HSV1 suffers daily headaches/brain fog

blurneworder

Since having the typical flu-like symptoms last year, I've had on and off brain fog/confusion/headaches.

I now have daily headaches and brain fog.

Anybody else with HSV1 have this problem?

Tone123

I've always had hsv1 and all I get is ringing in the ears. I'm curious if you've had another blood test to see if your number climbed up or are still low. Possibility that the bloodtest missed your hsv1 infection as they say it's not as good for hsv1 like it is better for hsv2. 11 months for a positive and low at that is concerning. I almost put it all behind me untill I read about how it took you 11 months. I'm waiting on the wb results now. I'm 8 months in. I tested alot and always caught my h1 and neg h2. 5 1/2 month wb was neg for 2..  I come to realize that people get false pos whrn they only test for h2 and have h1 established infection. I always tested for both so no cross reaction happens. Have u kissed anyone or have had a new girl after the one that exposed u at all. I'm just curious if u possibly got h1 after the exposure. No denying u as u only kno. H1 is easy to get from kissing sharing a drink ect.. What's the chances. I'm just curious for my mental state is all. 

G77

I'm fatigued all the time but that could be my age..I often take a granny nap in the afternoon since being diagnosed! 

MiLoBeng

Sorry. I can't say much since I'm HSV-2
And I always thought that having HSV-1 is better than HSV-2 (stigma tends to be worse on HSV-2) since cold sore is very common. 🤔

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Since having the typical flu-like symptoms last year, I've had on and off brain fog/confusion/headaches.

We have been through this multiple times.

HSV will only cause brain fog in extraordinary circumstances.

See a doctor who will undertake a spinal tap if you have any conxnerns.

blurneworder
8 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

We have been through this multiple times.

HSV will only cause brain fog in extraordinary circumstances.

See a doctor who will undertake a spinal tap if you have any conxnerns.

Based on reading personal accounts of people on these forums who have HSV and headaches, I think you are wrong.

WilsoInAus
28 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Based on reading personal accounts of people on these forums who have HSV and headaches, I think you are wrong.

We can’t help what you think, only point out the scientific evidence.

HSV does not cause brain fog unless in the brain.

We have been through the causes of the 99.99% of non herpes related brain fog.

Would you like me to repeat a full list here?

Dvm
8 hours ago, blurneworder said:

Yes!! See my post about struggling w HSV 1 for 2 yrs. I just signed up today and told my story. Brain fog, pain on r side of face, dizziness,  vertigo, numbness. Hsv1 lives in trigeminal nerve and can cause all these issues w flare ups. Good luck, and your not alone.