World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
austintxee

OB right before Christmas... What should I do??

austintxee

I am 21 and home for the holidays. I had my first outbreak about two weeks ago and now it is coming back. I am taking the meds the dr gave me but apparently I am having another one anyway. We are supposed to drive 15 hours tomorrow and I am scared to death. I don't want to ruin everyone's holidays but it hurts to pee already. There is no way I can ride in the car that long and pee in public restrooms... I have to pee in the tub and even then I scream. My mom and dad know about it, but the rest of the family doesn't and I don't see any reason they should know. I don't think my parents are taking my fear seriously and I am scared to go that far. What should I do??

townsend

I know that you most feel really bad. I didn't know that I have it until a few months ago. I am experiencing the same thing as you are I just had a outbreak 3 weeks ago and I am in the middle of another now.

Caliope

austintxee - usually this symptom only happens with a first ob and once it goes away you'll be okay.

drink lots of water to dilute the acidity of the urine and reduce the stinging sensation. You can take a bottled water with you and pour it over yourself while urinating, when not at home, to dilute stuff and wash clean. Pat dry.

starting today take some warm baths with Epsom Salts. They will help to stop some of the pain and speed healing. I also like the Aveeno Active Naturals Soothing Bath Powder added to the bath.

you can take otc pain meds such as Tylenol, Advil and Aleve to help with pain.

I'm sorry you are hurting so much.

austintxee

Thanks so much for the advice. I talked to my parents about it and they finally understood how much pain i was in when i had to try to potty here in the bathtub. I guess they could hear me crying. I think this ob is worse than the first one... I thought it got easier. Thanks so much for the advice! I made the trip and my parents were very patient when I had to use the restroom. Thanks again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Iceice69
      I looking to create a support group for hsv in wechat. Anyone interested can pm me 
    • Igor Vasilenko
      In my case, the symptoms of keratitis appeared suddenly, while I was waiting for the bus on a bus stop. I had a feeling like something burst in my left eye. The eye immediately became red, very watery, painful and I couldn't look at the light. There was a hospital nearby, so in half an hour I had an appointment with an ophthalmologist who diagnosed keratitis and gave me a prescription for some eye drops. The instruction for the eye drops mentioned that this medicine was used against keratitis caused  the herpes virus. That's how I found out that my keratitis was a viral one. For the next 15 years I had relapses of the keratitis. I was lucky that the corneal clouding was far enough away from the pupils and didn't affect my vision. Since I started using the garlic solution 18 years ago, I've successfully been preventing any keratitis relapses which sometimes try to come back. In case of viral keratitis there's no discharge from the eyes. If you have some discharge, it may possibly mean that you have a bacterial infection which should be treated with antibiotics. The problem is in finding the right drug for your particular case, the particular antibiotics that can kill the infection in your eyes. Garlic has both anti-viral and antibacterial properties, so you can try this method, it won't do you any harm anyway. Make the garlic solution with water as described in my post above. Apply it to the closed eyelids every hour during the day and every 2 hours during the night. Two days will be enough to see if garlic has any affect in your case, whether it makes their condition any better. Try this and let me know how it goes, write to me at  vasilenko.igor@inbox.ru Kind regards, Igor Vasilenko
    • Constant Diplomat
      Man, I think you need to meet people before you disclose to them. Having said that, I've disclosed via text and that worked for me with my ex girlfriend. We were together almost two years. Gotta get out there and take a few hits, to iron out your approach.
      Shit now I'm worried.   My partner had no symptoms, and never has and does not know status.   Has gone to be tested too.  Recently cleared of other std's but honestly we never discussed HSV.
      Oral was involved too....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.