World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Antoinette63

Is it possible to have HSV2 in two places?

Antoinette63

I’m a woman with HSV-2 in my vaginal area. I’ve never had symptoms orally & was diagnosed from swabs from my vaginal area.

i gave the woman I’ve been dating for the past 3 weeks oral sex a few days ago, and had “the talk” with her after. She was ok and said we could figure out how to protect her from getting it. Now she’s  having cold symptoms that are getting progressively worse, similar to what I had when I had my first outbreak. I’m very afraid now that I may have HSV2 orally & I just didn’t know I had it & gave it to her. 

What should I do?? She’s  going to feel like I lied to them. 😩

WilsoInAus

Hey @Antoinette63 if you have oral herpes, then it’s much more likely to  be a HSV-1 infection. 

Has she had a swab of the lesions?

Antoinette63

@WilsoInAus No hasn’t , but she has  body aches & cold she can’t get rid of since we were intimate. I’ve tested negative for HSV-1, so it would be weird for her to start feeling sick just a day or two after we were intimate. I feel like the common factor is me. 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Antoinette63 if you do not have HSV-1 then it is very unlikely you have transmitted herpes.

Remeber that 99% of the time cold/flu is cold/flu. I suspect this is heightened alert and concern following your disclosure.

I feel sure she is quite free of HSV-2 as a result of the episode.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      The paper can be summarised as follows. The same sexual practices result in HSV-2 and HIV infection. The proportion of people with HIV is proportional to the percentage of the population with HSV-2, not more, not less.
    • MikeHerp
      Good find.  This is critical research as this is the first global estimate of HIV infections resulting from HSV-2.    Here is the original paper: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(19)30470-0/fulltext I'd like to highlight some things.  First, the Lancet is one of the most prestigious and authoritative medical journals in the world.   "The Lancet’s 2013 impact factor is 39.207, ranking the journal second in the general medicine category. It’s very difficult to be published in The Lancet." Second, the results are pretty damning:   420,000 of the new HIV infections in 2016, were attributable to the persons having HSV-2.   Risk of HIV for people with HSV-2, is "at least tripled". Findings An estimated 420 000 (95% uncertainty interval 317 000–546 000; PAF 29·6% [22·9–37·1]) of 1·4 million sexually acquired incident HIV infections in individuals aged 15–49 years in 2016 were attributable to HSV-2 infection. The contribution of HSV-2 to HIV was largest for the WHO African region (PAF 37·1% [28·7–46·3]), women (34·8% [23·5–45·0]), individuals aged 25–49 years (32·4% [25·4–40·2]), and established HSV-2 infection (26·8% [19·7–34·5]). Interpretation A large burden of HIV is likely to be attributable to HSV-2 infection, even if the effect of HSV-2 infection on HIV had been imperfectly measured in studies providing adjusted RR estimates, potentially because of residual confounding. The contribution is likely to be greatest in areas where HSV-2 is highly prevalent, particularly Africa. New preventive interventions against HSV-2 infection could not only improve the quality of life of millions of people by reducing the prevalence of herpetic genital ulcer disease, but could also have an additional, indirect effect on HIV transmission. This is a good news / bad news story.  It's bad news, because it means that many people who get HIV, get it because they had HSV2. But the good news is that, as more studies are underlining how much HSV2 is as a driver of the HIV epidemic, more research will be focused towards HSV therapeutics and prevention.        
    • Adb1986
      Hi all, Does this look like a pimpel or a sore? There’s no pain and is in thigh near my underpants line. https://ibb.co/KsspQFd   Thanks,  
    • HerpesOrNot
      Does it have to be on the skin? What if you have itching, stinging, redness, etc. but no lesions? Would PCR pick herpes up?
    • HerpesOrNot
      I'm trying to find information about herpes on gums and it is harder to find than I thought.  Is it possible to get cuts and sores on gums that are caused by HSV 1 or 2?  And if so, would the sores actually be very painful, or just uncomfortable? Does anyone here get sores on gums where the skin gets swollen and warm, then the gum skin starts to peel away, leaving red open skin underneath?  This is not related to poor dental hygiene, aggressive flossing or brushing, or a random cut or canker sore from eating something sharp or hard.  Strictly on the gums. I would really appreciate any responses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.