World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Antoinette63

Is it possible to have HSV2 in two places?

Antoinette63

I’m a woman with HSV-2 in my vaginal area. I’ve never had symptoms orally & was diagnosed from swabs from my vaginal area.

i gave the woman I’ve been dating for the past 3 weeks oral sex a few days ago, and had “the talk” with her after. She was ok and said we could figure out how to protect her from getting it. Now she’s  having cold symptoms that are getting progressively worse, similar to what I had when I had my first outbreak. I’m very afraid now that I may have HSV2 orally & I just didn’t know I had it & gave it to her. 

What should I do?? She’s  going to feel like I lied to them. 😩

WilsoInAus

Hey @Antoinette63 if you have oral herpes, then it’s much more likely to  be a HSV-1 infection. 

Has she had a swab of the lesions?

Antoinette63

@WilsoInAus No hasn’t , but she has  body aches & cold she can’t get rid of since we were intimate. I’ve tested negative for HSV-1, so it would be weird for her to start feeling sick just a day or two after we were intimate. I feel like the common factor is me. 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Antoinette63 if you do not have HSV-1 then it is very unlikely you have transmitted herpes.

Remeber that 99% of the time cold/flu is cold/flu. I suspect this is heightened alert and concern following your disclosure.

I feel sure she is quite free of HSV-2 as a result of the episode.